Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:11:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal  (Read 1908 times)
derekeaton

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:00:22 PM

The government forces people to use the national currency. It seems to me that it is not right to force people to use a certain currency, but this happens almost all over the world and in every country.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NelfiNovita

Activity: 640
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:04:48 PM

there is no definite assertiveness from the government, whether bitcoin is legal or illegal because of the difficulty of transactions using bitcoin in Indonesia and we consider it illegal. if bitcoin is truly illegal I don't think there will be any impact on us, even though the government prohibits users from staying on their stand because they are safe using bitcoin.

noisybit

Activity: 130
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:12:00 PM

in my opinion, bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal because the Indonesian government issued a regulation if all transactions in any form must use rupiah cash, in the past in Indonesia many sellers have offered payment using bitcoin but for now it cannot happen and until now even all types of transactions must use rupiah cash
Kasliono

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:17:31 PM

I tried to search the news for bitcoin.  As given by you no information could be collected that bitcoin is illegal in Indonesia.  Following are the links in favour of my statement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_Indonesia
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@heiditravels/bitcoin-in-indonesia

Please note ; while posting such type of information if supporting new is enclosed it will be better.  Otherwise no use.
In Indonesia, holding bitcoin as an asset is not illegal, but for doing the transaction such as buy and selling something by using bitcoin as a payment, that is illegal. In my view, it is not give a really big impact, because in Indonesia the people can still have bitcoin.
Domanity

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:18:06 PM

Yes I know that. And every cryptocurrency player who wants to shop, the people there sell their coins to the rupiah first.
Gaurav11kb

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:22:07 PM

Countries may decide to ban the crypto but it doesn't affect the crypto market in the long term. Holders are strong believers and this kind of news doesn't affect them much. There are always some ways to trade with bitcoin/crypto in any country.
ruthbabe

Activity: 966
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:29:38 PM

Bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal yet, all buying and selling activities must use rupiah. In the past many sellers offered payment with bitcoin, now they can't. the government has given regulations so that all trading activities must use the rupiah. will this be a negative or a positive impact?

Yes, you are right, but I think there's no negative impact. Although, the country's central bank, Bank of Indonesia, issued a regulation banning the use of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin as payment tools starting 1 January 2018, the status of Bitcoin in Indonesia is legal. Activities such as bitcoin trading, holding, and mining remain not covered by the regulation.

Hudadahuda2018

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:49:37 PM

Bitcoin in Indonesia is not legal yet, all buying and selling activities must use rupiah. In the past many sellers offered payment with bitcoin, now they can't. the government has given regulations so that all trading activities must use the rupiah. will this be a negative or a positive impact?
I personally think there will be no impact at all even the state of bitcoin in Indonesia is growing despite the illegal status of bitcoin in Indonesia.
Indonesia is not a country that has large volumes in crypto transactions so I don't think that will affect crypto prices at this time.
bharal07

Activity: 318
Merit: 326

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:55:50 PM

We do not know if bitcoin is legally legal in Indonesia because it is not ours and is not broadcast on tv or social media. Otherwise, bitcoin in the Philippines is not legal.
I'm just wondering how much money I've spent on bitcoin and because of scams. But just know that bitcoin is legal.
hinpoc.hin

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:04:52 PM

nice thinking but in my opinion in indonesia bitcoin not illegal because bitcoin still use everywhare and everytime.
and this is a natural impact for us .
Mofazzal840

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:06:11 PM

According to my opinion, Indonesia is same as almost all of the other countries. Bitcoin is not accepted by governments yet. Like Bangladesh. I hope that these countries may accept bitcoin after few days.  Wink Wink
boy130

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:11:26 PM

Countries may decide to ban the crypto but it doesn't affect the crypto market in the long term. Holders are strong believers and this kind of news doesn't affect them much. There are always some ways to trade with bitcoin/crypto in any country.

I agree with you. Many governments don't yet know how to regulate this sudden influx of digital currency which makes the matters all the worse but it shouldn't stop users from these countries to use BTC as it can be used outside of that country.
ismelda_ita

Activity: 369
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:23:37 PM

The Government in Indonesia does not prohibit someone from storing and owning bitcoin. What the Indonesian government does is not wrong. They do that for prudence, maintaining business competition, risk control, and consumer protection. After all, the ban on transactions uses bitcoin to maintain the sovereignty of the rupiah as a legitimate payment instrument in Indonesia.
Phatle1996123

Activity: 71

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 04:30:07 PM

vietnamese dongbitcoin is also not legal
Dr.2x

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:46:51 AM

It definitely won't affect the Bitcoin price in general though Bitcoin payment is illegal in Indonesia but bitcoin trading hasn't been banned and the government is still observing the situations. They might opt for regulating Bitcoin in my opinion. However, you can still make peer to peer transactions using bitcoin or use TOR if you are afraid of the government.
gaurav82

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:52:48 AM

Not only Indonesia. Bitcoin has banned in many countries like India, Nepal and many more. But it still running with good growth rate. I think Indonesia is not major country. It may not effect Bitcoin.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:57:00 AM

We in the cryptocurrecy world have heard this type of news severally, so it does not move us anymore, it is only newbies in cryptocurrency community that will take to heel when he or she hears this type of news. So it will not make any impact.
nexus5chetan

Activity: 63

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:22:33 PM

Another feather added in the haters cap and when I hear such disgusting news it really makes me sick. I mean what the hell is happening around the world.
soplo

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:32:04 PM

in Indonesia, bitcoin has not been legalized as a global currency, Indonesia still highly appreciates the rupiah, because Indonesia's central bank has announced that digital money cannot be used for transactions, but if it only invests in gold or shares it may not be banned, TV stations also report if bitcoin is full of risks and the government cannot regulate it.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:35:11 PM

I tried to search the news for bitcoin.  As given by you no information could be collected that bitcoin is illegal in Indonesia.  Following are the links in favour of my statement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin_Indonesia
https://steemit.com/bitcoin/@heiditravels/bitcoin-in-indonesia

Please note ; while posting such type of information if supporting new is enclosed it will be better.  Otherwise no use.

OP said its not legal in Indonesia but he didn't said that it was illegal,just like in the Philippines the government wasn't legalizing bitcoon or cryptocurrency but theres no stand that this is illegal so meaning the government is neutral about crypto.maybe this is what OP want to say here
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: