Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:42:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Smart People Never Bring Smartphones Into Meetings!  (Read 106 times)
tnguye01 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:18:12 PM

Do you bring smart phone to meeting? Meeting Etiquette is important and being able to focus in the conversation is the key to show your team that you listen. What has been effective for me is to set some ground rules at the beginning of an important meeting. I.E. If you need to brainstorm and need full attention from your team.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-smart-people-never-bring-smartphones-meetings-bradberry/?trk=eml-email_feed_ecosystem_digest_01-recommended_articles-9-Unknown&midToken=AQF4gMRRhbvvWQ&fromEmail=fromEmail&ut=31vT9FbqW1WEk1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barrett_fire

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:27:09 PM

Do you bring smart phone to meeting? Meeting Etiquette is important and being able to focus in the conversation is the key to show your team that you listen. What has been effective for me is to set some ground rules at the beginning of an important meeting. I.E. If you need to brainstorm and need full attention from your team.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-smart-people-never-bring-smartphones-meetings-bradberry/?trk=eml-email_feed_ecosystem_digest_01-recommended_articles-9-Unknown&midToken=AQF4gMRRhbvvWQ&fromEmail=fromEmail&ut=31vT9FbqW1WEk1

What do you do with your phone if you do bring it into the meeting? I agree that they can be distracting, but I don't think you need to leave them. The trick is just to get in a habit of turning off the sound on your phone. I also don't think smartphones should be on the table in from of you. It seems so common that even on a date or a business meeting people have their phones in front on them. Not that we have always-on screens, people can often get distracted. This can make the other person feel like you're more interested in the phone that him/her.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: