Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:20:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Stable Coins  (Read 457 times)
fly99

Activity: 421
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:30:02 AM

The coins you label are unstable, they may be suitable for short-term investments, but not for long-term holdings!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dragone

Activity: 249

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:00:36 AM

For the new people in crypto like you, let me list some real stable coins.

Decred
Binance Coin
Ravencoin
Tezos
Ravencoin
Metaverse ETP

Tether
TrueUSD

Nice, he got it completely wrong. Thanks for correcting him, so he wont mislead newcomers. There is also new token called nUSD which is a part of Havven project, that should be performing as a stable coin. I have only used tether, though.
Havven token is not so stable, you can see that even the stable coin of havven still get a lot of volatility. It can't be considered as a stable coin and all of the formula that has already implemented by the havven project is failed. This based on the fact that has already happened with the havven token price.
Havven not stable at all! This is for sure! and yes now on market I can see only 2 stable coins Tether
TrueUSD. This is really stable coin, not just by name. Anyway decred not bad at all. More better than other coin. BNB this is just exchange coin and now you can use it only on Binance. I don't think this is stable situation.
Mr.Stinson

Activity: 164

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 10:11:01 AM

would be interesting to see a real stable coin because even FAT currencies are not stable at all. That could really have a big future. so wealth could be achieved and protected more easily. Bad for investors but good for "normal" people!
tradersnow

Activity: 90
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:03:51 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2018, 05:08:24 PM by tradersnow

Sorry To say, this list is not perfect. Did you pick some coin only for promotion? I think some stable coins are

1. EOS
2. BNB
3. NEO
4. ADA
5. ARK

Though some coins price is very low now comparing previous prices but still they are safe, secure and stable coins.

Stablecoins are pegged to (and reflect the value of) an asset. None of those or the ones OP listed are stablecoins. Legitimate examples include DigixGold, Havven, TrueUSD, BitUSD, Tether, MakerDAI, and I'm sure plenty of others I am unaware of.

There are also stablecoins that are not pegged to an asset.

We know the US dollar is not backed by anything, yet it is still considered "stable" because of its wide acceptance.
However, its centralization and a lack of supply control are serious issues, that could ultimately make people lose confidence in it and result in devaluation.

Asset-backed stablecoins run into a similar problem. What if the asset that is backing the currency gets devalued? Is the supply of that asset mathmatically regulated? Can you trust the 3rd party custodians (middlemen) of the currency peg to accurately and honestly account for any asset devaluation? What if the 3rd party gets greedy and decides to implement fractional reserve lending behind the scenes? It really all boils down to trust.

With decentralized and non-asset backed stablecoins, there is no trust needed. For example, BitBay (BAY) will use a voting system to regulate the supply, and every user has their say in the currency's value.

In a system like this, the painpoint then shifts from trust to volume. The more volume the decentralized stablecoin has, the higher capability it has of being stable.

If any project can solve those 2 issues above, it will be far more stable and effective than any asset-backed (collateralized) stablecoin.

Here is a well-written article on this whole topic:
https://hackernoon.com/stablecoins-designing-a-price-stable-cryptocurrency-6bf24e2689e5
renault18turbo

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:50:10 PM

The most stable token in my opinion is Binance coin. Just look at what happens to the token price during the market correction.
Bohdan98

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:57:01 PM

I think that ico will be successful only when the project is will be needed by society. so my choice fell on the project Tradelize, if you have not heard about it, then I advise you to get acquainted and you will understand why I think so.
KayceeMae

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 04:06:28 PM

only tether it's suposed to be "Stable Coins" , but not very intelligent to invest in tether , cause you invest in a scam project that can exit with your money any time
hitrawal91

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

BitcoinSN - The Real Bitcoin!!!

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2018, 06:08:46 PM

For the new people in crypto, let me list some stable coins.

Decred
Binance Coin
Ravencoin
Tezos
Ravencoin
Metaverse ETP

My friend i don't think all these coins are the stable coins which you are demanding for or looking for and i don't recommend any of these coins except Binance coin and Decred as all the other coins are shit coins and you should be planning to invest in some other good coins like Tron, Golem, XRB, Ethereum classic and BTC cash.

▬▬ ● ● BitCoinSN ● ● ▬▬
▰▰ LITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Original Bitcoin!!!  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
▲▼  WEB SITE  ▲▼ TWITTER  ▲▼ TELEGRAM  ▲▼ FACEBOOK   ▲▼ DISCORD  ▲▼
Lobitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:20:16 PM

Stable coins are those pegged to an asset. All of this other coins are still Volatile
dukemc

Activity: 431
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:43:14 PM

That are not STABLE Coins - Stable Coins are Tether and TrueUSD that are going do the USD. All other are normal cryptocurrencys and are not stable...
okocrypto

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:48:31 PM

Decred
Binance Coin
Ravencoin
Tezos
Ravencoin
Metaverse ETP

Tether
TrueUSD

Cancelling these coins after recommending them is tantamount to deceiving people. People who used your advice might have lost fortune by now. I suggest you do your research well before recommending
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:59:50 PM

One of the stable coins are tether (usdt) those are not stable coins, and even there are some people seeing it as an investment talkin about its market cap etc.  Grin

adroitful_one
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041

1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:09:20 PM

What exactly do you consider stable? ETP was at just $0.60 a couple weeks ago. It's been pretty downhill since last year just like everything else. Do you mean the project itself? It's actually been pretty rough with forks and having to issue new wallet releases all the time.
apimembership

Activity: 448
Merit: 124

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 07:09:23 PM

i think it is hard to say stable word in cryptocurrency world. I only trust bitcoin but i dont think its price will be stable otherwise people wont give attention to it to make profit.
yokosan

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:26:28 PM

Decred
Binance Coin
Ravencoin
Tezos
Ravencoin
Metaverse ETP

Tether
TrueUSD
Smiley

I agree, Sir. I think we can add one. minexcoin . Smiley not affected by the market's decline. because parking balances it.
rusmuoney023

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 09:40:48 PM

The only advantage of these funds is that they are in the Cryptocurrency environment.
quarkyplum

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:19:04 PM

The market at this time no cryptos are considered stable coins. If you want to be safe and invest in the long term, then invest in BTC and ETH then hold long term. With altcoins, you should invest in ADA, XLM, EOS, XRP to make a profit in the short time.
aikklond
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 10:42:25 PM

The market at this time no cryptos are considered stable coins. If you want to be safe and invest in the long term, then invest in BTC and ETH then hold long term. With altcoins, you should invest in ADA, XLM, EOS, XRP to make a profit in the short time.
that much confidence is risky. short term was a very ambitious comment. it's better if you say it in the future. you've listed future projects. those who invest will, of course, win. they're patient and holder. Wink
Klovezio

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 09:44:02 AM

Decred
Binance Coin
Ravencoin
Tezos
Ravencoin
Metaverse ETP
obviously there are not any coin more stable than usdt or tusd. But binance coin is worthy to have, because sometime trading with BNB is more profitable than BTC or ETH.
illnino

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:35:12 AM

Decred
Binance Coin
Ravencoin
Tezos
Ravencoin
Metaverse ETP

The cryptocurrency cannot be stable. Its price is changing all the time - it lets professional traders earn millions on it. Probably, you meant the most reliable crypto? I suppose, Ethereum and Komodo.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: