Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:58:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT KEEPS YOU SANE IN THESE CRYPTO BLOODBATHS?  (Read 891 times)
vKedax

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:12:21 AM

Very good advice that must be observed. Cryptocurrency can be simple, interesting and extremely financially profitable. I also think that one should not rush, pursue the latest trend, buying cryptocurrency at an artificially high price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beeelzebub

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 07:17:49 AM

Who told you we are still sane after this times?

I think i am in a new level of insanity. I don't feel a thing while loosing thousands of dollars in a day. I don't think this is normal.

waser12

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 07:21:31 AM

For new blood I would recommend to start trading or investing with small amount of money just to understand the money making mechanism. Good luck.

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:39:00 AM

Cryptocurrency is not for the fainthearted as any day can drive anybody crazy. With its well-known volatility one can experience great gains in just matters of hours or big loss in a brink of one eye (so to speak). That is why learning more and understanding more the crypto market can be the big key to calm our edging nerves so we can easily sleep when it is time to sleep regardless of the current market situation. I agree that we don't have to be perfect when dealing with this market the bottomline is we are doing our best and that we are realizing some profits somehow. We should also learn to spotlight scams in this industry and scams are increasing its presence here day in day out. I think scammers from other industries are now transferring to cryptocurrency and ICOs.
elosi

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:03:04 PM

For me what have kept me sane in these crypto bloodbaths is that i am into crypto currency for a long term hodl, so it doesn't matter what the price is at the moment, I have set my goals for a long term, like in 2  - 5 years.
trudovik

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:13:53 PM

For new blood I would recommend to start trading or investing with small amount of money just to understand the money making mechanism. Good luck.
The risk of trading on a falling trend seems to me very large. Of course, if you have steel eggs, and traders are usually steel, then you can trade in this market, I'm an ordinary person and I do not have them. So I'm just waiting. Grin
universal3ee

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:17:40 PM

These 10 guides have kept me sane. I am lucky enough to have read them when I was starting in crypto. I believe new bloods in crypto should read and understand this.

1. Commit yourself to becoming an expert in all aspects of cryptocurrency (mining, fundamental & technical analysis, etc.)

2. Only invest what you can afford to lose, and be okay with the fact that you might lose it all.

3. Learn/Experience altcoin bubbles & herd behavior. Remove your emotions from the process.

4. You can't be correct 100% of the time. Expect to lose sometimes. It's about optimizing your percentages, not perfection.

5. Always keep your mind set on the end goal (no more salary/slavery) and focus on how to achieve that.

6. Become a master of reviewing altcoins, learn how to spot a scam so that its almost instant when you look at a shitcoin.

7. Diversify into as many quality altcoins as you can. That way you can experience market bubbles thousands of times over. If you hold all the coins and accumulated them for cheap, you've lowered your risk and win every time there's pump.

8. You must understand the time dimension. All losses/profits are temporary until you've made the trade. All altcoins are related but on their own market cycle. Most of your coins are winners but u need the patience to wait for the right time to make each trade.

9. HODL until moon or grave. Store your top cryptocurrencies for long term gains. You need strong hands to hodl through shakeouts.

10. Find or create a group of like minded individuals to share your research and investment ideas with.

The points you list out is a good guideline for newbies and users that is already in the crypto world. However the main factor that keep me from moving on is the confidence of crypto future that drive me to continue my crypto journey. 

━  ━━  ━━━       colletrix       ━━━  ━━  ━        [ I E O June 2019 ]        ━
Bridging the Physical and V (https://www.colletrix.com/#/)
vallytech

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:44:39 PM

I will say what have kept me going in this crypto bloodbaths is that i am still new in the crypto space, so I don't have anything to lose, I don't even own any single tokens for now, I am just starting bounty newly to see if i can earn my first tokens
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1038
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:49:33 PM

I'm not in loss.
The amount I've deposited from fiat has not decreased from its initial average. i.e. my coin value are more than for what I bought them for.
You should know when to buy and when to sell if you want to have a profit from crypto. Now it's a buying time.
atorle

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 03:55:30 PM

The hope that the prices will eventually rise after every bloodbath is what keeps me sane, it helps me keep my emotions in check and avoid panic sales at loses
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:56:12 PM

I try to make money with ways except trading/holding etc. I think if you trade you would lose sometimes that's not bad. But you trade not stocks but shit tokens so there is very high risk.
echodike

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 08:55:16 PM

As for me what has kept me sane in this crypto bloodbath is that i participate in bounties and airdrops, so i am using bounties and airdrops to build up my falling cryptos asset, the more my cryptos asset goes down, the more i bring it up with my bounty rewards
Amresh51963

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:04:31 PM

Dealjoy platform will include product and category-specific deals for its members to benefit from.These deals will be available on the DealFeed, which will be integrated into the platform. DealFeed is a whole new gamelike way to find and browse customized deals and offers by swiping. It is powered by
the Dealjoy Matchmaking Algorithm (DMA) which utilizes machine learning and customer preferences to create a customer-specific stream of interesting daily changing deals. These specific deals are obtained directly from the collaborating vendors and will offer our users even higher cashback rates.  This will surely attract more consumers to platform and will increase the token price benefiting the early investors
Amresh51963

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:06:01 PM

The normal practice among existing cashback providers is to subject all cashback payouts to a waiting period. This is something Dealjoy didn’t want to do, so it  came up with an innovative solution to enable instant payouts. Dealjoy solution to the problem is an algorithm that analyses and determines expected return rates using advanced data analysis. With the support of the data provided by our algorithm, the Dealjoy platform will be able to determine purchases that are eligible for payouts instantly after the transaction. Orders with a high risk of return/refund are subject to a waiting period before DEAL tokens provided as cashback are unlocked for withdrawals or further use. The possible waiting period for high-risk orders is executed to protect the platform from malicious cashback refund activities.
Amresh51963

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:07:29 PM
Merited by F0ME (5)

Dealjoy philosophy is to provide members with freedom of choice. Its users can always withdraw their DEAL tokens to their personal Ethereum wallets or exchange accounts, trade them for other coins, or sell for fiat on external exchanges. On the other hand, members may want to keep their tokens in their Dealjoy wallets for future use in our platform. For these users, Deal-Joy introducing the DealShop, which will be an essential part of the platform. DealShop is a fully integrated online shop, including a variety of products, services, and gift vouchers from our partnering online shops. Orders made in DealShop can be paid exclusively in DEAL tokens, providing exciting real-world utility into the DEAL token ecosystem. Using DealShop doesn’t require tokens used for payment to be acquired through our cashback program; anyone can buy DEAL tokens from external exchanges and spend them on DealShop
Bttzed03 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 11:31:55 PM

These 10 guides have kept me sane. I am lucky enough to have read them when I was starting in crypto. I believe new bloods in crypto should read and understand this.

1. Commit yourself to becoming an expert in all aspects of cryptocurrency (mining, fundamental & technical analysis, etc.)

2. Only invest what you can afford to lose, and be okay with the fact that you might lose it all.

3. Learn/Experience altcoin bubbles & herd behavior. Remove your emotions from the process.

4. You can't be correct 100% of the time. Expect to lose sometimes. It's about optimizing your percentages, not perfection.

5. Always keep your mind set on the end goal (no more salary/slavery) and focus on how to achieve that.

6. Become a master of reviewing altcoins, learn how to spot a scam so that its almost instant when you look at a shitcoin.

7. Diversify into as many quality altcoins as you can. That way you can experience market bubbles thousands of times over. If you hold all the coins and accumulated them for cheap, you've lowered your risk and win every time there's pump.

8. You must understand the time dimension. All losses/profits are temporary until you've made the trade. All altcoins are related but on their own market cycle. Most of your coins are winners but u need the patience to wait for the right time to make each trade.

9. HODL until moon or grave. Store your top cryptocurrencies for long term gains. You need strong hands to hodl through shakeouts.

10. Find or create a group of like minded individuals to share your research and investment ideas with.

Those all things are good, but take my advice,
Invest and leave it, find something else to keep you busy, get a life, learn something new, expand your skill set. Just observing market all day will not make any difference, going outside meeting people will create a connection and you can learn something new.

Ideally, this is the best. For people who are just starting in crypto, it is difficult to tell them to just leave it. They are more prone to mistakes in choosing where and what to invest into.
rosezionjohn

Activity: 882
Merit: 301

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:06:31 PM

Great List! These guidelines should be the ten commandments in cryptocurrency investing and trading. My favorite on that list would be number eight. It is important to understand that.
Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 08:54:21 PM

The key is to look at the long term outlook, don't expect to get rich after just a few weeks of trading. It will take a long time to build up a nice portfolio keeping the ones that are worth hodling and dumping the rest. If you're not a pro, don't check prices everyday. You'll get down from the red candles and these are common in every coin
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:43:51 AM

I think this an important advice but some of them is not too correct in my opinion, like holding until grave or moon, a traders supposed to be having a buy and sell limit, and you can become expert by building experience, the most important thing to keep you insane is always invest the money that you can afford to lose, crypto investment is very risky, people need to understand this before invest

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Applechild

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 03:36:18 PM

A friend of mine told me that when they started crypto business or investment, having as little as $1 reward was like winning a Grammy award. so that type of individual is not bothered about the red market because in their very eyes, those coins that was less than a dollar or even up to a dollar has multiply over the years to even thousands and millions of dollars. those who gave up are the ones that loss but for him and few others that stayed, they have experience to share and have all the knowledge to guide us in patience. He advises us all the time to invest during down-tides and he is not afraid of anything you throw at him in crypto. He has paid the price. I follow same. Whatever goes down will always come up. According to an African saying, "there is nothing you will eat that your hand will stay permanent in your mouth" Somewhere somehow, things will fall into pleasant places.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: