Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:42:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about ICOs using moderators such AmaZix in telegram channel  (Read 178 times)
Jitra (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 5

Professional Translator (Malaysian Language)

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 05:48:18 PM

If you've been participating in ICOs telegram channels, you've probably come across several ICOs using third party moderators such as AmaZix.  Don't get me wrong, this is neither an evaluation of AmaZix or attempt to put them on the spot, rather just using them as an example.  Sometimes I wonder why would ICO team be using a third party to moderate the discussions, especially during the launch of ICOs and/or pre-sale.  Shouldn't team members be in direct "face-to-face" with the communities?  I could understand if the third party moderator be involved in support role or assistance with promoting the ICOs on social media or other marketing platform, but I found it a bit discomforting to ask questions to someone else other than the actual team members, granted these third party moderators probably have a lot of facts about each particular ICOs they're moderating.  For common or repeated questions, they could've used bots to answer them.  It appear as if the team doesn't have the guts, capacity or capabilities to handle investors inquiry.  Some have commented that these third party moderators are unable to provide on-the-spot direct answers thus wasting valuable time of potential investors.  I've read several comments in the telegram group where potential investors decided not to participate in the ICO because of this.  Reading comments such as these made me think that they may have a good point.  What do you think?  What is the advantage of using third party moderators as opposed to the team actively participating in it?  I've seen many CEOs and founders actively participated in their respected channels, and it is comforting to be able to directly ask questions to the main guy / gal in charged.  If you are launching your own ICO, would you be using a third party moderator, why and why not?

csr.INPACTOR.com  ◁|▌ A NEW HUMANITARIAN ECOSYSTEM ▐|▷  theINCITEMENT.com
■■■■■■■■■■■■■   POWERED BY CSR Tokens   ■■■■■■■■■■■■■

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randythered

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 05:55:54 PM

Most projects will hire someone to be the community manager and this is effectively what Amazix are. I find that their channels operate so much more smoothly and questions are dealt with. Many developers don't have the communication skills to deal with their investors and it creates problems out of nothing.

AmaZixOfficial
Copper Member

Activity: 103
Merit: 8

AmaZix.com - Professional community management

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 12:42:09 PM

It's arguably true that the ideal situation for projects would be to engage and talk to their own communities directly but cryptocurrency and blockchain projects tend to be truly startup in nature: they are small and direct the majority of their resources into infrastructure and development. This isn't to say that the communities of projects partnering with AmaZix are neglected - far from it. AmaZix moderators are intimate with the latest details, developments and updates of their partners and ensure communities are actively engaged with these.

Speaking of face-to-face interactions, AmaZix also plans for AMA sessions with partners, where community members get to ask questions of and speak to project owners - in a comfortable, secure, well-managed environment. Check out some recent AMA sessions here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd_OWZV8ukE_4Ynvx6PbUUw

Allowing project owners to fully focus on developing their products and ideas, while getting out messages to their communities and supporters efficiently also means a better use of resources. Development objectives can be better planned out and achieved, while communities that are constantly kept abreast feel engaged.

Bots have been employed by other projects but there's nothing quite like another human being to talk to and discuss with - communities are also global in nature, local in context so bots haven't yet developed to the stage where they can sufficiently address questions and concerns in natural language. A poorly coded bot could actually be detrimental to building communication and awareness, or providing clarity - which are the overarching objectives for AmaZix in community management and engagement.

nakauten

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:08:33 PM

It's arguably true that the ideal situation for projects would be to engage and talk to their own communities directly but cryptocurrency and blockchain projects tend to be truly startup in nature: they are small and direct the majority of their resources into infrastructure and development. This isn't to say that the communities of projects partnering with AmaZix are neglected - far from it. AmaZix moderators are intimate with the latest details, developments and updates of their partners and ensure communities are actively engaged with these.

Speaking of face-to-face interactions, AmaZix also plans for AMA sessions with partners, where community members get to ask questions of and speak to project owners - in a comfortable, secure, well-managed environment. Check out some recent AMA sessions here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd_OWZV8ukE_4Ynvx6PbUUw

Allowing project owners to fully focus on developing their products and ideas, while getting out messages to their communities and supporters efficiently also means a better use of resources. Development objectives can be better planned out and achieved, while communities that are constantly kept abreast feel engaged.

Bots have been employed by other projects but there's nothing quite like another human being to talk to and discuss with - communities are also global in nature, local in context so bots haven't yet developed to the stage where they can sufficiently address questions and concerns in natural language. A poorly coded bot could actually be detrimental to building communication and awareness, or providing clarity - which are the overarching objectives for AmaZix in community management and engagement.
Well if you are going to do that,investors and bounty hunters are going to be pleased because each campaigns which are being manage by your team could be a good investments because the people behind the projects are interacting to the community giving people less chance of getting scammed as we all know that 90% of these ICOs are scams.

Mr.Freeman

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:14:13 PM

Those projects that hire a third-party team are confident of their idea and do not consider it a loss if several potential investors leave them because of incompetent advice. And preparing for ISO is an incomprehensible and unfamiliar work for them, which the third party will do better.

Nekroser

Activity: 392
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 01:19:20 PM

If I ran a "clean" project, I would personally communicate with everyone and maybe even arrange meetings whenever possible. If I ran SKAM, I would use moderators and try to hide my identity in every possible way. It seems logical.
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 05:04:02 PM

If I ran a "clean" project, I would personally communicate with everyone and maybe even arrange meetings whenever possible. If I ran SKAM, I would use moderators and try to hide my identity in every possible way. It seems logical.

And then who would be doing your development work? Would you be able to handle hundreds and thousands of people who sent you the wrong ETH address, or used the wrong smart contracts, or who spoke Vietnamese or Chinese?

Not saying you are wrong, but you might underestimate community management. If leaders of big companies had to meet shareholders every day they would not have time to run their companies.

No idea of much how Amazix works but they seem to have a good ship sailing there.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
mel_smog

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 09:44:29 AM

Absolute garbage and now they have a black list for Telegram. I was banned for asking reasonable questions in Atonomi group right before ICO and now when I try to join other Telegram groups where these clowns do community management (super horrible one without knowing most of the answers and being always lost for which project the question is about lol)- I get instant ban.

Ridiculous, right?

No wonder majority of ICO Drops community look at Amazix as a red flag now in ICO project
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: