Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 09:42:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Should I do if my bitcoin has been stolen, and where should i complain ?  (Read 2422 times)
canej

Activity: 278
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:53:19 AM

You can not return your coins. You need to understand why this happened. Because if you understand the reason, you will know how to better secure your wallets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeromix
Copper Member

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

Ako Bayot!

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:08:22 AM

Hi Friends, actually one of my BTC address from Zebpay account having almost 0.01550 BTC has been hacked and the amount has been stolen just few days ago. The amount was not quite big for me, but i really fear about the security of holding the BTC in exchanges and now even in wallets.

I Just want to know is there any ways i can get back my BTC back to my account and also is there any website or authority who can help me out in getting back my stolen BTC, let me know about it. Also let me know what safety measurement should i take while holding my BTC in Exchanges. Thanks in advance.
No you should understand that bitcoin if being stolen from you could not be retrieve. However, since the transactions with cryptocurrency is block chain then therefore we could trace the last digital wallet address for the one who stole your bitcoin after the transfer process. Aside from that if bitcoin in their area is being regulated then clearly there could be a KYC being applied on their local exchange which will give you some lead to identify the one who stole your bitcoin.

Feuerbach

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:23:42 AM

Hi Friends, actually one of my BTC address from Zebpay account having almost 0.01550 BTC has been hacked and the amount has been stolen just few days ago. The amount was not quite big for me, but i really fear about the security of holding the BTC in exchanges and now even in wallets.

I Just want to know is there any ways i can get back my BTC back to my account and also is there any website or authority who can help me out in getting back my stolen BTC, let me know about it. Also let me know what safety measurement should i take while holding my BTC in Exchanges. Thanks in advance.
They can not be returned. There is nowhere to complain either. The safest way to store cryptocurrency is cold storage. On stock exchanges, it is better not to store funds, the exchange is not suitable for savings
Keeping Up

Activity: 230
Merit: 22

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 12:39:53 PM

i think what you mean is someone have stolen your account from a particular exchange and not a stolen address.
but regardless it will still be very hard to retrieve it even if you will contact the administrator of that exchange.
like what others have said your assets will only be protected as much as you what security you can offer to it.
always remember that you have the sole responsibility for the safekeeping of your accounts and addresses...

GenesisP2P Payment Ecosystem  │ GITHUBPOOLSEXPLORERBLOCK TRACKER☑ No ICO/Auction   
Equihash 192.7 ● ─[ Secure & Private Cryptocurrency ]─ ● ────[ ForumFaucetExchangeAirdrops & Bounties ]──── ● ☑ No pre-mine       
 POW/MNs     │SOLUTION FOR BUSINESSES AND E-COMMERCE│           ANNTWITTERDISCORDREDDIT           │ ☑ Fair Launch     
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:24:39 PM

You can complain only your face to the pillow because otherwise it would not have any effect this world is really strict and hard so with you have lost your money 99.9% it is not recoverable.
juljon18

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:27:43 PM

Bitcoin ushers in the era of personal responsibility.  If you lose your keys then it's on you.  No one else.  If some one broke in and stole your pass key call the police.  If someone actually hacked the algorithm I would post it here and on reddit. 
builuongcaoson

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:04:45 PM

Condolence to you, honestly no one can help you about this, advice from me is to carefully check everything!
Awhore

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:44:35 PM

In my friend's case, there's a guy that always transfers his coins to his own wallet everytime money enters that wallet but you just can't trace him even when you're seeing his wallet address constantly. I don't think there's any way to regain a stolen coin neither is there a body that can fight these people. I guess that's a loophole in the system.
Nicholson55

Activity: 76

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:02:55 PM

You're probably just out of luck. I mean, you have a little chance of getting some help by Zebpay, since you're on an exchange. But, for the most part, it's your fault that you didn't take more measure to secure your account. It's important to secure your computer too because there are many ways for hackers to access your computer and track what you're doing. The whole idea of Bitcoin is that it's decentralize. There's not really anybody to complain to.
1NV3ST0NM3

Activity: 420
Merit: 110

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 08:52:10 AM

There is nothing you can do about it. This is perhaps the main disadvantage of the decentralized nature of Bitcoin. Bitcoin being decentralized is not controlled or backed by any authority or agency. So no one is responsible for any unusual or illegal activity that takes place in the cryptocurrency market. I think, due incidents like these we need some regulations in this market, so it becomes easy to find out such criminals.
iMark

Activity: 1162
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:14:44 AM

You can not return your coins. You need to understand why this happened. Because if you understand the reason, you will know how to better secure your wallets.
Lol bitcoin is not a company like a bank that has full control, and is responsible for the security of your money, when you join and save bitcoin then all responsibility is yours, what will happen will be your own responsibility, now you have to be smarter in secure your account
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:22:49 AM

You don't own Bitcoin on exchange addresses. Its the account you own. So to clarify: did funds disappear from your exchange account?

If you lose funds from your Bitcoin address, nobody can help you. Be your own bank works both ways.

Thanks for your valuable comment. Yes, the funds has been disappear from the exchange or you can say it has been transferred to another BTC address and the whole transaction was not done from my side and i think this all state that my account has been hacked in that particular exchange right.  Is there any website where can i complain or who can help in getting back my BTC.
First i want to say sorry to your accident like getting hack but personally i know that there is no way to get your btc back if its hacked.
You can not complain to anybody include the support if the problem is hacking. They will say that you are not care to store your all detail about the password and other. So next maybe you can learn from experience.
Shiro21

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 09:42:11 AM

I think this is a risk that must be considered when you enter the market, bitcoin is a stand-alone product without government authority so we cannot protest to the bitcoin when something bad happens, you are responsible for the security of your bitcoin.
jerick6

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:02:48 AM

I'm so sorry for my word but it was your fault because it is your responsibility at the first place.  It would not be hacked if you are responsible enough mate. 
Delinquency

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:08:15 AM

Of course there's something you can do. It's simple, be more careful next time. Bitcoin provide us high security system but it works only if you are careful. Don't use simple passwords (or same passwords on different sites), don't click link you don't where it comes from, use an antivirus, don't keep you funds in exchanges that is can be hacked easily.
cutecute

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:11:17 AM

I do not know where you should complain because they said that if your bitcoin had been stolen there is no chance that you will get it back.
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 10:26:52 AM

I do not know where you should complain because they said that if your bitcoin had been stolen there is no chance that you will get it back.
You will not be able to get bitcoin. You should be more careful in the future in storing keywords and use a trusted wallet. Do not compile funds for too long in exchange if you do not trade, just pull your funds to the wallet.

Xardasim

Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 11:29:05 AM

If you can not see it on the wallet anymore, you can not bring it back. I mean the money has been subtracted from your wallet. According to that you should keep your crypto offline wallet. Because the crypto which is in exchange isn't your, they can freeze your money when they want.
smile1218

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:16:38 PM

Even if you report it to the authorities of the exchange site you put your bitcoin it would be harder for them to trace it because we all know that bitcoin transactions are anonymous. You should atleast put it on your private wallet with secured private keys.

ajuelnah akun

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:36:22 PM

Your bitcoin security is your personal responsibility, because bitcoin holders are the bitcoin banks themselves. and all you need to remember is that no authority is responsible for the loss you experience. Hopefully this will be a valuable lesson for you to be more careful in the future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: