Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:18:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starbucks drops hint at plans to accept Bitcoin  (Read 2544 times)
hxtop

Activity: 1071
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:40:08 PM

Since Starbucks is a world wide company, it's even very good news that Starbucks will accept Bitcoin as a means of payment. It will be an excellent ad for Bitcoin and Crypto. I think that the ongoing work with Bakkt will be positive.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 03:12:39 AM

Thank goodness that my crypto currency can actually buy something i xan use and hold even consume. I hope that this move of Starbucks gets bigger and bigger to the point that other companies jump onboard too. I thank starbucks for the vouch of confidence with crypto currency. I'm looking forward to buying my first cup with my BTC.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 03:48:43 PM

Since Starbucks is a world wide company, it's even very good news that Starbucks will accept Bitcoin as a means of payment. It will be an excellent ad for Bitcoin and Crypto. I think that the ongoing work with Bakkt will be positive.
If it goes through, probably a lot more people would start accepting Bitcoin, whether they are in the pharmacies, restaurants, appliance stores, etc. With that, they would be able to lessen tax. Maybe that's why the government is not yet openly accepting Bitcoin as a currency. It will be hard to tax it if it's anonymous, and it shouldn't be taxed anyways. It's just peer-to-peer, which would be ideal for both businesses and people who use it.

Thank goodness that my crypto currency can actually buy something i xan use and hold even consume. I hope that this move of Starbucks gets bigger and bigger to the point that other companies jump onboard too. I thank starbucks for the vouch of confidence with crypto currency. I'm looking forward to buying my first cup with my BTC.
What cryptocurrency are you talking about? I think it's just Bitcoin that would be accepted and it's at least the start of something that we all want. It's going to be impossible to immediately accept it but when it grows organically to more users, the price would also grow. We all want that and the practical application of Bitcoin would be added as an advantage, it's another way of payment.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
nealdlover

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:19:22 PM

I think if Starbucks accepts BTC this will be the most developed brand in the world without competitors. Starbucks has recognized the potential and development of the BTC, and has planned to embrace the project. That is a wise thing they have realized. I believe in accepting BTC, Starbucks will make more money than they imagine.
nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 04:42:19 PM

Well i guess starbucks won't let itself left behind, and try to follow the development of crypto currency as it is now.
It's a good thing though, and you're right. Bitcoin may give many chances for people, trying to have electronic or digital transaction, new jobs and other new things to try and exprience.
I'm not really sure about the retirement, but if bitcoin surely has great and stable future, it might be great to have bitcoin as retirement money. But if not, i won't risk my money if bitcoin suddenly fall or something, since it's my retirement insurance.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Sherwood_Archer

Activity: 126
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:52:16 PM

This is a bit of an old "news". Has this been already implemented? Has anyone tried using bitcoin in Starbucks purchases? Not to sound too skeptical as it is would be really cool if they really start accepting bitcoin or any crypto for that matter.
ROB18

Activity: 380

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 09:38:36 PM

I'm not a fan of starbucks but I do like coffee Smiley But this news tat starbucks will accept bitcoin in there mode of payment is a huge step for crypto world. Starbucks is present almost anywhere and this will help education people about bitcoin. If starbucks will trust bitcoin or other crypto mode of payment, then people who love starbucks will trust as well. Good luck bitcoin and Alts Smiley

███   ████     Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!     ████   ███
B I T G E S E L L      BUY BGL/USDT NOW AT DIGIFINEX
██               ████████     •     Telegram     •     Twitter     •     ████████               ██
blackbold

Activity: 385

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:20:49 PM

Not all Starbucks outlets can implement payments with Bitcoin, because there are several countries that prohibit the use of bitcoin and other crypto for transactions, it require to use domestic currency.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:51:02 PM
Last edit: October 16, 2018, 11:14:15 PM by creeps

So many coffee shops already accepting cryptocurrency in Asia especially in Vietnam, but since Starbucks is a great and well known coffee shop around the world,I think this is really a good move by them.

I’m expecting more businesses to accept not just bitcoin but also altcoins as mode of payment. This is the real purpose of cryptocurrency, it will help us to make our life better than before and I think soon we will reach this goal.
Ikay

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:58:08 PM

I'd love to purchase anything in starbucks if they accept bitcoin as a payments to buy some drink to them because a popular store accept bitcoin is a very helpful to the bitcoin users and in the market because bitcoin will known not only in the internet society but also in public society does not know more about bitcoin and cryptocurrency.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:13:50 PM

This is a bit of an old "news". Has this been already implemented? Has anyone tried using bitcoin in Starbucks purchases? Not to sound too skeptical as it is would be really cool if they really start accepting bitcoin or any crypto for that matter.
No, Starbucks won't be accepting Bitcoin

I would love to buy frappucino on Starbucks bringing my android wallet and just scan their QR code when I'm about to pay. But we need an official announcement from them and until now there's none. Rumors said that they want to get into crypto but they want their products to get paid with fiat.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Green_Bulb

Activity: 261
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:08:18 AM

I would love to buy frappucino on Starbucks bringing my android wallet and just scan their QR code when I'm about to pay. But we need an official announcement from them and until now there's none. Rumors said that they want to get into crypto but they want their products to get paid with fiat.

They may exchange Crypto to fiat during payment, for example - thus you technically pay with Crypto, but the company actually receives fiat currency. It is quasi-implementation though, but still will be better than nothing.

Waiting for an official announcement, so far this is just wishful thinking.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2954
Merit: 598

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:16:26 AM

They may exchange Crypto to fiat during payment, for example - thus you technically pay with Crypto, but the company actually receives fiat currency. It is quasi-implementation though, but still will be better than nothing.

Waiting for an official announcement, so far this is just wishful thinking.
Yes we know that's possible.

I just don't understand the idea that they knew what to do but they insist that they won't accept it if there's a way to convert it that way automatically and that is upon paying them for the frap that we will buy. The last news was from August, we just have to be patient regarding this, hoping for the positive one.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
squog

Activity: 462

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:39:55 AM

Well the more comoanies using crypto currencies, the more popular it becomes. If this news is also true, then it finally come true that i could exchange my crypto currency for something i can actually use or eat. That is a huge leap fron last year and the time when someone bought a slice of pizza for 10K BTC.

biletskiy

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:01:38 PM

I think that's a good choice for them. Because Starbucks usually serves upstream customers and many of them will use bitcoin pretty much. So I think that the fact that they set the bitcoin payment strategy can attract more people and can hold more bitcoin.

Later, they said that they would not accept Bitcoins. Probably, most of the companies are not yet ready for these steps. The crypto volatility scares them as I think.
Vinz1978

Activity: 225

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 03:59:35 PM

if bitcoin can accepted in more giant merchants in world, i think no more doubt about bitcoin future.and there will massive demand come to cryptocurrency market.and bitcoin price will soar sharply.soon and later this moment will come to us.

Exactly, the more merchants accept bitcoin there is a big chance for all of us to gain big profit if we are one of the bitcoin holders. In fact, here in my country some of the starbucks outlet that I visited was a bitcoin accepted and I was excited and happy because I felt during that time I'm the only customer who came there to drink some of their hot coffee and who will pay Bitcoin, imagine just using my mobile they will scan the barcode which I had in my wallet then after a few seconds or less than a minute, that's it! done payment. Smiley
crwth
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250

Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 12:35:56 AM

Well the more comoanies using crypto currencies, the more popular it becomes. If this news is also true, then it finally come true that i could exchange my crypto currency for something i can actually use or eat. That is a huge leap fron last year and the time when someone bought a slice of pizza for 10K BTC.
That's just the reality is, people, start realizing the true value of it until it's really there right in front of their eyes. Some are still skeptical of Bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency but at least there is a start. Some online stores are accepting Bitcoin, and some promotions are being done here in the country that I live in.

I think that's a good choice for them. Because Starbucks usually serves upstream customers and many of them will use bitcoin pretty much. So I think that the fact that they set the bitcoin payment strategy can attract more people and can hold more bitcoin.

Later, they said that they would not accept Bitcoins. Probably, most of the companies are not yet ready for these steps. The crypto volatility scares them as I think.

I don't know if the right term is they will hold more bitcoin because if you plan to pay something for it, they would use it, not just hold it. It would start attracting more customers and people would be curious about what bitcoin is and how will they get it.

For @biletskiy, where did they say that they are not going to accept bitcoins? In my opinion, the companies should openly accept it and start trading it. It's another opportunity to earn.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
redsap

Activity: 336

Harmony for One and All

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:08:10 AM

well starbucks are too reality with it, but indeed that was good plan for them, and that can make more bitcoin as for daily transaction after all, that was good issues for bitcoin and for any coffee company like starbucks who willing to accept bitcoin

princeyeboah

Activity: 714
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:10:42 AM

This is what crypto needs to hit the mainstream adoption. As big businesses integrate Bitcoin and see much progress and success in the business dealings and payments, competitors will be compelled to adopt the same strategy of integrating Bitcoin into their payment systems. This will raise the demand for Bitcoin and eventually increases its value on the market.

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
chrisculanag

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:15:36 AM

Thats why crypto is very important in our daily lives its makes our daily living in a easy way like this . If some big restaurant and fastfood accepting bitcoin too as a fee its a big help to all crypto users and also the community . As of now i see some business that use bitcoin as a fee many of that is in here in my country.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: