Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Governance model ? - Open Source Community Owned Not For Profit exchange  (Read 421 times)
s1gs3gv (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014

ex uno plures

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 05:02:00 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 05:17:27 PM by s1gs3gv

I am cross posting this here because I suspect a lot of you folks don't read the altcoin groups. Apologies in advance if this is the wrong group.

Premised on the observation that the current state of infrastructure is and has been a major impediment to the adoption of crypto-currencies, and the conjecture that public infrastructure should be owned and operated by the community as a not-for-profit resource, I'd like to solicit suggestions for governance models and supported features for a public not-for-profit bitcoin and altcoin exchange based on an open source model.

For example:

How would operational and management decisions be made, by whom and how would they be selected ?
What type of license should the source code be provided under ?
What type of licensing or revenue capture model would be appropriate to ensure adequate operational funding.

What mechanisms should be used to decide which coins to add for trading ?
What features should the exchange provide, currency PAIR trading, options, futures, derivatives, ETFs ?
What authentication model should the exchange support/require ?

Creation of malicious negative trust to suppress free speech shames the bitcoin community.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: