Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:02:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is ORPHAN BLOCK ????  (Read 318 times)
Cruzz1999 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 03:22:37 PM

I am really confused about ORPHAN BLOCK  ?
My stake as occur in ORPHAN BLOCK  can I get my reward coins back?
Or is the coin lost ?
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocooper57

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 08:10:53 PM

If inside a network a block gets solved then the other blocks are considered orphans. Also the rewards and coins that were in those blocks become inaccessible. Sorry to give the news, but there is no other way for you to retrieve those coins again.
learningcrypto5421

Activity: 306

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:18:52 PM

Staking rewards from that block are not genuine, spendable Phore, on the grounds that the staking reward for that shut was at that point given out on the block that achieved agreement. This is one reason why staking and master node rewards require more affirmations previously you can spend them contrasted with other Phore exchanges, to enable time to work through the agreement procedure.
TamacoBoy

Activity: 62

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 09:44:28 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2018, 11:21:23 PM by TamacoBoy

I am really confused about ORPHAN BLOCK  ?
My stake as occur in ORPHAN BLOCK  can I get my reward coins back?
Or is the coin lost ?

You can know more about blocks on this site: https://bitcoin.org/en/developer-guide#block-broadcasting

From the word orphan itself, it means having no parent so they can't be validated therefore are not real, spendable because the staking reward for that block was already given out on the block that reached consensus.

To put it simple,  the blocks are split in two. One is remove from the chain while the other one continues. On your case, you're on the former.

This should happen occasionally.Just keep on  staking/mining, you'll get lucky soon.

Good luck!
markluis

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:34:39 PM

It is not a big problem. You can get back your reward by using your privet key. it is also difficult but not imposibile. I think you will solve your problem as soon.
cryptofun888

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:52:00 PM

They are valid blocks but they are not the part of main chain. There are some reasons behind orphan blocks. When two miners produce similar blocks orphan blocks occur.
kellyscott

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:58:14 PM

Orphan block is the part of main chain. It built for reverse transaction it can occur naturally when two miner produce block. I think its good for reverse tranaction.
CryptoBry714

Activity: 67

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 11:33:34 PM

Orphan blocks are not accepted in the blockchain. Though they are valid blocks but they are rejected by the network.
redrose8226

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 12:39:33 AM

I am not sure about whether you are going to get your coins or not. But i know that orphan blocks are not accepted by the main blockchain network.
cryptowisser

Activity: 252
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:39:12 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2018, 12:57:22 PM by cryptowisser

When arguing the definition, I just wanted to insert here that this is how we see it:
"Orphaned Blocks is the term for certain blocks following a Soft Fork or Hard Fork. Whenever a Soft Fork or Hard Fork occurs, the blockchain is split into two paths. One of these chains will eventually be considered the valid one, and the other will be the invalid chain. Blocks that are in an invalid chain are called Orphaned Blocks."

All the best,
Cryptowisser
Srujan007

Activity: 99
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:00:11 AM

Usually while mining their are chances that one or more miners get the next block by finding nonce.In that case chains get split and same thing may repeat in finding next block too.But the longest chain will be considered as main chain and the rest other chain which has blocks is considered as Orphan blocks.
robertcross07

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:05:51 AM

These are blocks that can be used in an attempt to reverse the transactions.  These are normally caused by the attackers if they can generate enough hash power to be able to do such a thing.
jasydoggye

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:21:07 PM

yes I also heard about it, but most of are very confused about this topic, they are motive is not still very clear among the market related people so I hope that the authority will take some major steps to spread awareness among users
cryptohopes

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 03:45:27 PM

Once a network has found out on which new chain of blocks is the "winner", any others are considered orphaned blocks and the staking rewards from that block are also orphan and therefore are not real, spendable Phore, because the staking reward for that block was already given out on the block that reached consensus.
angleatild

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 04:17:59 PM

When the blockchain's transaction is reversed if there are two users at the same time doing exchanges. This usually happens naturally. But it can be done on purpose by a hackers with the aid of ample hash power. But this is hard to come by.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:12:09 PM

When the blockchain's transaction is reversed if there are two users at the same time doing exchanges. This usually happens naturally. But it can be done on purpose by a hackers with the aid of ample hash power. But this is hard to come by.
Nice copypasta, but no.

No.

These are blocks that can be used in an attempt to reverse the transactions.  These are normally caused by the attackers if they can generate enough hash power to be able to do such a thing.
No, not necessarily...

Orphan block is the part of main chain. It built for reverse transaction it can occur naturally when two miner produce block. I think its good for reverse tranaction.
No, not necessarily..

It is not a big problem. You can get back your reward by using your privet key. it is also difficult but not imposibile. I think you will solve your problem as soon.

Not related to the topic AT all.

Why would you even make a post if you have no clue what it is about.. Couldn't you atleast google the definition of an orphan block?

I think this SE post covers the definition extremely well. https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/5859/what-are-orphaned-and-stale-blocks

tokexchain

Activity: 144
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 08:10:22 AM

I am really confused about ORPHAN BLOCK  ?
My stake as occur in ORPHAN BLOCK  can I get my reward coins back?
Or is the coin lost ?

Some of these answers are a bit wayward:

On Proof of Stake protocols wallets and nodes, Orphan blocks are blocks or mints that are generated by the local client but not accepted on the network, this could be because another 'peer' beat you too in with their hash being accepted before yours, sometimes network latency can cause this (slow internet etc) and also sometimes could be because of a node problem, sometimes the time on the local client can be out by a few seconds and so does not sync correctly - if you see a succession of orphan mints, restart your client and also from console do getstakingstatus after wallet is unlocked and green check mark is showing as it can be the internal RPC commands are reporting differently to the external UI.

Orphon mints are generally thought of as lost but sometimes they do come back and are accepted, hours and days later, so don't give up hope on that orphan mint, you may see it get accepted in time!
Anuntl

Activity: 41
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:30:09 AM

Usually when people say "orphan block", they mean a Stale Block, which is a well-formed block which is no longer part of the difficultywise-longest and well-formed blockchain. The Block Reward in a stale block is no longer spendable on the difficultywise-longest and well-formed blockchain; therefore whoever mined that block does not actually get the reward. This phenomenon must be taken into account by mining pools that use any payout strategy other than "proportional".
Sofia234Edwards

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 11:24:24 AM

I feel quite new to the phrase ORPHAN BLOCK, can you give me some sources to find out more?
unorowest

Activity: 50
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 01:07:39 PM

Wow, there is so much to learn about Bitcoin, I had always thought that Orphan Block was same as Dormant Block, so much to Learn.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: