Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:38:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You may see the language in the posts I make as limited. [Update Inside]  (Read 2127 times)
BitMagic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 07:32:18 AM

Besides, practice makes perfect.

As long as your "practice" isn't doing the same stupid shit over and over...

Good luck with this, Atlas.

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitleaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 09:33:24 AM

ITT: 17 year old emo kid with mental health issues and delusions of grandeur believes that people actually give a fuck.

It's unsurprising to see you give up this idea so soon Atlas. Why break a habit eh?  Grin
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 10:57:12 PM

Why limit your vocabulary/knowledge to their level, instead of forcing them to learn new words?

My problem with Atlas' writing isn't that he's using big words I don't understand; it's that in some cases he's using words that he doesn't understand when a smaller, more common word would work just fine. The purpose of language is to communicate accurately - if you use a bigger word when a smaller one would work just fine, but in doing so you lose the meaning you're trying to convey, then obviously you are not a good communicator.

There's also no way in hell Atlas actually thinks in words like "unremorsefully", or "rebuke" unless he's spent way too much time reading old literature and almost no time understanding it - and frankly the declaration of "I will dumb down my writing so that the plebs can understand me" is borderline offensive. Atlas writes like a geeky kid who never writes anything without a thesaurus handy, or to steal someone else's idea: a kid with a really shitty word-of-the-day calendar. I doubt there's a single person on this forum who believes he actually thinks in such a wide and inaccurate vocabulary, and simply writes how he thinks.

And if I see him shoehorn the word "value" into discussions about sexuality or family dynamics one more time, I swear to god I'm gonna have to punch a kitten or something.

^_^
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: