Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:05:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: help supporting a merchant wanting to accept payments in bitcoin  (Read 147 times)
opasch (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 06:56:46 AM

Hello all,
I have been asked to support a shop that wants to start accepting bitcoin as payment.
I approached bitpay as a platform to start from and I am willing to evaluate other platforms too.
Assuming the merchants wants to automatically send a small fee on each transaction on a secondary wallet (for example his trade union or local association) how could the safest way to implement this could be?
For example if I do this via API I'd have to keep his API key stored somewhere is it right?
Any other suggestion?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 08:28:43 AM

In your opinion, how big the business is going to be?

If you want to keep things simple, just use BitPay, I don't think much programming knowledge is required in that case. They'll take 1% of each transaction though so If you want to avoid that and save every penny, It would be better to implement BTCPayServer while running your own full node, you'll have full control.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 08:38:48 AM

Bitcoinpay might be another option, they offer slightly lower fees than Bitpay, charging 0.8% fees on each transaction.
You'll have the option of keeping your payments in Bitcoin or settle payments to be sent in fiat to your bank account.

https://bitcoinpay.com

I think it might be possible to use their API to automatically split part of the payment to be sent to a secondary wallet, though I'm not sure of this.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3649

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 09:40:17 AM

In addition to what was mentioned above, I suggest you use coingate[1], I have watched their project for some time and there is a remarkable development.
they accept Bitcoin & altcoins[2], many payment bottoms[3], and lightning network support[4].
If you are experienced you can do it yourself without paying a fee as it happens in this forum.

[1] https://coingate.com/about
[2] https://coingate.com/accept-altcoins
[3] https://coingate.com/button
[4] https://coingate.com/lightning-network

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
opasch (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 11:10:11 AM

In your opinion, how big the business is going to be?

If you want to keep things simple, just use BitPay, I don't think much programming knowledge is required in that case. They'll take 1% of each transaction though so If you want to avoid that and save every penny, It would be better to implement BTCPayServer while running your own full node, you'll have full control.

this is not going to be a big business in the beginning but things can grow and I need a solution that can easily scale.
Actually I find BTCPayServer very interesting but then you really have to implement everything by yourself including the exchange part to convert in fiat and transfer to the merchant's bank account? How would you do that?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6125

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 01:47:07 PM

this is not going to be a big business in the beginning but things can grow and I need a solution that can easily scale.
Actually I find BTCPayServer very interesting but then you really have to implement everything by yourself including the exchange part to convert in fiat and transfer to the merchant's bank account? How would you do that?

I assumed that you want to keep the crypto. If fiat is involved, then you are better off with Coinbase or BitPay but as I said, there will be fees.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
opasch (OP)

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 03:51:35 PM

I assumed that you want to keep the crypto. If fiat is involved, then you are better off with Coinbase or BitPay but as I said, there will be fees.

Why you think coinbase should be better than Bitpay?
I basically need a way to deduct a fixed amount (let's say 1%) from the merchant wallet to another wallet in the most secure way. Possibly within the same platform without storing the API keys outside of id. Any Idea?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: