Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:50:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking: MtGox Now Testing Bitcoin Withdrawals  (Read 10832 times)
shitscared

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:35:01 AM

All these test withdrawals are either invalid or not confirmed

https://data.mtgox.com/api/0/bitcoin_tx.php

https://blockchain.info/search/f73763efc856147662b1e543d49a110def90d7402becba47e30ab1b0dcb3f5b8

I think that a sign for the worst is yet to come Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sergio

Activity: 313
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 01:51:02 PM

Mark did not lie on the Gov form since the time in which the form was filled has to be taken into consideration, the form was filled at a time in which Bitcoin was free for government regulation, and Bitcoin was at phase 1, that is it was being ignored by Banks, and regulators, as such Mark did not like, later on 2013 the law changed, and it was applied retroactively (applying any law retroactively should be ilegal) and then about 5 million of US dollars were confiscated.

This is a witch hunt against exchanges, then an attack on CEO Bitstant Charlie Shrem on money laundering charge on 1 million USD with full force of the law was applied, when HSBC for several hundreds of Billions was not even touched.
I am almost sure certain Charlie is innocent and even though he has not been convicted on any crime, he was force to renounce to the Bitcoin Foundation, I think that attitude is wrong he should at the very least given the chance to prove himself in court for the charge he was accused.

In regards to Mark he is also victim on a witch hunt by the US government in regards the confiscation of the 5 million dollars.

However Mark has had bad business practices from much before the attack by the US government, one of the first cases I remember was when they first started mtgox was an anonymous exchanged, and then early on to be compliant with kyc laws and regulations without any warning to their customers they would not release funds if you need not identify with several documents process which was fairly slow, and only after identifying yourself the fund would be released, this happened sometime in 2012, a decent thing to do at the time would be for their anonymous client to opt get and withdraw their funds. Since that occasion I wondered what happened to the truly anonymous account that could not be identified. Did they have their funds confiscated ? probably.

Some people are asking for more regulation, when regulation is not the answer.

Most of Mtgox problems starting with the regulators, first the enforcement of kyc rules causing problems with withdraws, then Mutum Milleguium shutdown by government, then Dwolla got scared of government regulations and blocked all Bitcoin transactions, so clearly regulators have cause lots of problems and damage to the Bitcoin community.

Anyway Mtgox was good during the early years, it is time to move on, and use more credible exchanges, and a lesson to be learned never store your money at an exchange, I over the years have had losses do to exchanges, but I am now much more careful.

Let do not forget.
1. first bitcoin gets ignored. 2009-2010
2. then they laugh at Bitcoin. 2011-2012
3. Then they attack. 2013-2014 ?
4. then we win, at phase 4 expect to see Bitcoin over 10k, possibly by 2015.

going back to exchanges what we really need to do, is make Bitcoin more anonymous, do not press for more regulation, if Bitcoin is to play at a fair playing more laws are not needed, same laws that apply for Dollar should apply for Bitcoin, but we do not need laws that only apply for Bitcoin and not the Dollar, and we really need p2p exchanges, it should be simply to implement this among p2p currencies, it gets more complicated when introducing fiat.

And finally do not go against the spirit of Satoshi.

frito

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:02:05 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2014, 06:25:25 PM by frito

https://blockchain.info/search/f73763efc856147662b1e543d49a110def90d7402becba47e30ab1b0dcb3f5b8

Thats my finding as well. Nothing is being processed.

yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:44:53 PM

The reason they are not confirming is because there is no fee and so the transaction is only medium priority. This is probable because they are just testing and not as a result of a technical problem.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 06:48:04 PM

confirmed^
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:46:31 PM

The reason they are not confirming is because there is no fee and so the transaction is only medium priority. This is probable because they are just testing and not as a result of a technical problem.

[update]

After the 8+ hour wait for my okpay fiat funds to reach gox, I managed to buy 0.68 coins for 100 UKP. Now I'll wait and see...

donations not accepted
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:01:00 PM

After the 8+ hour wait for my okpay fiat funds to reach gox, I managed to buy 0.68 coins for 100 UKP. Now I'll wait and see...

Shame you weren't able to get your funds in sooner... Good luck and may Satoshi be with you.

Begru

Activity: 344
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:56:11 AM

Mark did not lie on the Gov form since the time in which the form was filled has to be taken into consideration, the form was filled at a time in which Bitcoin was free for government regulation, and Bitcoin was at phase 1, that is it was being ignored by Banks, and regulators, as such Mark did not like, later on 2013 the law changed, and it was applied retroactively (applying any law retroactively should be ilegal) and then about 5 million of US dollars were confiscated.

This is a witch hunt against exchanges, then an attack on CEO Bitstant Charlie Shrem on money laundering charge on 1 million USD with full force of the law was applied, when HSBC for several hundreds of Billions was not even touched.
I am almost sure certain Charlie is innocent and even though he has not been convicted on any crime, he was force to renounce to the Bitcoin Foundation, I think that attitude is wrong he should at the very least given the chance to prove himself in court for the charge he was accused.

In regards to Mark he is also victim on a witch hunt by the US government in regards the confiscation of the 5 million dollars.

However Mark has had bad business practices from much before the attack by the US government, one of the first cases I remember was when they first started mtgox was an anonymous exchanged, and then early on to be compliant with kyc laws and regulations without any warning to their customers they would not release funds if you need not identify with several documents process which was fairly slow, and only after identifying yourself the fund would be released, this happened sometime in 2012, a decent thing to do at the time would be for their anonymous client to opt get and withdraw their funds. Since that occasion I wondered what happened to the truly anonymous account that could not be identified. Did they have their funds confiscated ? probably.

Some people are asking for more regulation, when regulation is not the answer.

Most of Mtgox problems starting with the regulators, first the enforcement of kyc rules causing problems with withdraws, then Mutum Milleguium shutdown by government, then Dwolla got scared of government regulations and blocked all Bitcoin transactions, so clearly regulators have cause lots of problems and damage to the Bitcoin community.

Anyway Mtgox was good during the early years, it is time to move on, and use more credible exchanges, and a lesson to be learned never store your money at an exchange, I over the years have had losses do to exchanges, but I am now much more careful.

Let do not forget.
1. first bitcoin gets ignored. 2009-2010
2. then they laugh at Bitcoin. 2011-2012
3. Then they attack. 2013-2014 ?
4. then we win, at phase 4 expect to see Bitcoin over 10k, possibly by 2015.

going back to exchanges what we really need to do, is make Bitcoin more anonymous, do not press for more regulation, if Bitcoin is to play at a fair playing more laws are not needed, same laws that apply for Dollar should apply for Bitcoin, but we do not need laws that only apply for Bitcoin and not the Dollar, and we really need p2p exchanges, it should be simply to implement this among p2p currencies, it gets more complicated when introducing fiat.

And finally do not go against the spirit of Satoshi.

+1
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:57:31 AM

Oh, I'm quite certain he's perfected withdrawals Smiley

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:55:40 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=484296.0
nottm28

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 08:35:07 PM

Looks like I lost my 0.68 coins... I can live with my gamble epic fail (ok not epic - it was £100) but I do feel sorry for those who had thousands/tens of thousands tied up in gox - I hope they see some of it back when the bankruptcy dust has settled...

donations not accepted
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: