Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:32:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of Learning (PoL).  (Read 134 times)
Atheneum Blockchain (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2019, 07:17:16 AM

Everyone has been there - typing up a resume and tailoring it for the job interview the following day. It's a pain-staking process. You diligently chronicle all of your work and education experience into a single document. Have you ever sat back and looked at your resume and said to yourself "wow, all of these jobs that I have had and these diplomas I possess don't even come close to describing what I know. I'm so much more than what this document shows"? 

The unfortunate thing is that you, and everyone else, is so much more than what is shown on that piece of paper. The document does not even come close to describing the full breadth of what you know. How many books have you read that have helped shape your thinking? How many podcasts and documentaries have you consumed that have given you a great perspective on the world? Blogs, articles, webinars and debates have all contributed to your robust knowledge inventory and yet today's resume shows none of that. 

Atheneum, the world's first Decentralized Autonomous Learning Organization (DALO), has pioneered a revolutionary concept that is transforming what the resume of tomorrow will look like. It's called Proof of Learning (PoL). The PoL verbiage pays homage to Bitcoin's Proof of Work (PoW) but PoL does not describe the network's consensus algorithm. Instead, PoL describes how a record is stored on the Atheneum Blockchain.

Atheneum is a free market for education where students and instructors can freely interact without the cost added by a third party institution - the driving factor in heightened education costs and reduced quality. This free market maximizes incentives to instructors while competition simultaneously maintains affordable prices for students. With this model, students are able to afford more courses and thus the demand is driven up, creating a higher sales volume for instructors. This free market of supply and demand perpetually reinforces itself to maximally satisfy all parties involved.

The Atheneum Marketplace provides a revolutionary resource that is changing the education paradigm but Atheneum also offers the world's biggest cherry on top - an immutable record of everything you learn on the platform. This immutable record is the PoL. What if every piece of content that you consumed, that broaden your knowledge base, was able to be added to a new nimble and dynamic resume? 
 Have you ever learned a skill on YouTube? Me personally, I learned graphic design on YouTube about 10 years ago. That skill has been a cornerstone of my professional skill set ever since. Every week, at least one aspect of my job requires the ability to quickly and efficiently create a graphic or adjust the work of someone else. But, it was a good thing that graphic design was not one of the skills that my hiring was predicated on because I don't think "YouTube University" (TM pending) would have satisfied the person hiring me. 

The inefficiencies of current resumes are not only hurting prospects, they are hurting employers. Hiring managers are unable to truly see the full capacity of someone's knowledge base and skill set. They are left looking at a resume that shows some work experience and maybe even a diploma but beyond that they are relegated to inconsequential questions like, "what is your greatest weakness?" to which, a statistical 100% of people reply "I work too hard and I care too much". 
 Individuals seeking jobs and employers looking to hire all deserve a better, more dynamic resume. One where the prospect's entire learning record can be displayed. A record that more closely defines one's breadth of knowledge, worldly perspective, and true skill set. PoL is the answer. Atheneum is making this concept into a reality.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: