Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:47:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this a 'speak easy' establishment, or what?  (Read 1056 times)
SidewalkCynic (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 11:43:43 PM

How come it has taken three years until I learned of BitCoin, and this forum?

I base the time elapse on what I believe to be one of the first post in the General Discussion area authored by satoshi on November 22, 2009, 06:31:44 PM.
Bitcoin Maturation
Posted:Thu 01 of Oct, 2009 (14:12 UTC)

From the user's perspective the bitcoin maturation process can be broken down into 8 stages.

This appears to be a very popular forum, yet I just learned of it within the hour. Of course I have yet to understand what this is all about, and I will do as the registration rules direct: I will try to find most preliminary answers by reviewing past postings - I hope this does not take very long.

Anyway, I would not be surprised if the question about the secret marketing is kept a secret, as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 12:43:31 AM

There is no "big secret" however we don't have a ton of media attention in any positive maner or any large scale marketing caimpatings for bitcoin in general

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2011, 12:49:03 AM

How come it has taken three years until I learned of BitCoin, and this forum?

I base the time elapse on what I believe to be one of the first post in the General Discussion area authored by satoshi on November 22, 2009, 06:31:44 PM.
Bitcoin Maturation
Posted:Thu 01 of Oct, 2009 (14:12 UTC)

From the user's perspective the bitcoin maturation process can be broken down into 8 stages.

This appears to be a very popular forum, yet I just learned of it within the hour. Of course I have yet to understand what this is all about, and I will do as the registration rules direct: I will try to find most preliminary answers by reviewing past postings - I hope this does not take very long.

Anyway, I would not be surprised if the question about the secret marketing is kept a secret, as well.

secret marketing? most people here try to get the word out whenever they can.

i can't think of a single person here who is trying to keep things secret.

by the way, how did you find this forum, or first hear of bitcoin?

payb.tc took the words right out of my mouth.

Heck, I'm putting together a Convention with free admission to try and educate people about bitcoins!

Still around.
SidewalkCynic (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 01:21:47 AM

You guys sound very enthusiastic - that is GOOD.

I found out about it while researching why Ubuntu is loosing its desktop environment and turning into a tablet OS through the http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/ forum via an advertisement like entry for Android programming which somehow lead to this link:
http://linuxquestions.tradepub.com/?pt=adv&page=Makeuseof.com

which had this

http://img.tradepub.com/free/w_make43/images/w_make43c2.gif

Which had a broken link, but I was so interested that I did a search and through another line of links, that included searching "BitCoin" in my stomping grounds of UbuntuForums, I found two threads with very little information about, but one did link to this forum.

And here I am, and I am ready for my orders.

The amount of information I am going to have to comprehend looks tremendous, but hopefully my background in researching economics and contemplations will help me. I have been wondering if such a currency was at all possible for a few months.
Party Hard

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 01:27:53 AM

You guys sound very enthusiastic - that is GOOD.

I found out about it while researching why Ubuntu is loosing its desktop environment and turning into a tablet OS through the http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/ forum via an advertisement like entry for Android programming which somehow lead to this link:
http://linuxquestions.tradepub.com/?pt=adv&page=Makeuseof.com

which had this

which had a broken link, but I was so interested that I did a search and through another line of links, that included searching "BitCoin" in my stomping grounds of UbuntuForums, I found two threads with very little information about, but one did link to this forum.

And here I am, and I am ready for my orders.
Wow, you should get an award for the most insane way of hearing about bitcoins! I heard it from my bro who bought delicious things with Btc. Now I'm drinking the cool aid and DAMN is it delicious!

Ladies ladies, one at a time.
SidewalkCynic (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 01:33:02 AM

Wow, you should get an award for the most insane way of hearing about bitcoins! I heard it from my bro who bought delicious things with Btc. Now I'm drinking the cool aid and DAMN is it delicious!
Yeah, I wish I had my donation address going by now - stupid me - huh.
SidewalkCynic (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 01:48:54 AM

Bitcoin Co-op - Let's build some new businesses!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=46787.0

I would like to suggest that you call it "BitCoOp" instead.

Whoops - already taken by a Japanese entrepreneur.
BitcoinBomb

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 02:01:16 AM

Bitcoin: A currency worth bumming for.
Party Hard

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 02:53:11 AM

So you hate Bitcoins. Got it. Just set my watch to see how long before you get banned for hating.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:12:36 AM

So you hate Bitcoins. Got it. Just set my watch to see how long before you get banned for hating.

Never.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:17:42 AM

I hope you're not holding your breath.  Bannings are few and far between around here and I've yet to see anyone get banned solely for attacking Bitcoin.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Party Hard

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:35:51 AM

I hope you're not holding your breath.  Bannings are few and far between around here and I've yet to see anyone get banned solely for attacking Bitcoin.
Sweet! I can breathe again. However, I heard otherwise, but it was for trolling, and that's different than hating. Good nuance to remember.
PS - Noob Jail sucks - I've been mining since May. Not super long, but I've got 8.5 GHash. Whoa! what if there was a way to break out of noob jail based on hash rate! Or maybe that's even lame compared to some hard core folks. Probably so. Shit, I need a beer.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:37:50 AM

Sweet! I can breathe again. However, I heard otherwise, but it was for trolling, and that's different than hating. Good nuance to remember.
PS - Noob Jail sucks - I've been mining since May. Not super long, but I've got 8.5 GHash. Whoa! what if there was a way to break out of noob jail based on hash rate! Or maybe that's even lame compared to some hard core folks. Probably so. Shit, I need a beer.

Don't worry dude, my hashrate is 0...
Party Hard

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:46:55 AM

Why is it 0?

Let me guess, either your miners are running windows and for no reason they decided to freak out (thanks Bill), you live in aplace where electrons cost too much, or you're smarter than miners and you buy Bitcoins on the exchange.

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:59:48 AM

Why is it 0?

Let me guess, either your miners are running windows and for no reason they decided to freak out (thanks Bill), you live in aplace where electrons cost too much, or you're smarter than miners and you buy Bitcoins on the exchange.

None, I don't mine and I don't exchange. And yes, I have some BTC, not much but some.
Party Hard

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 04:02:01 AM

None, I don't mine and I don't exchange. And yes, I have some BTC, not much but some.

Cool.

Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 09:25:12 AM

Welcome!

And secret? Definitely no, we are trying to spread the word as much as possible!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: