Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:57:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [GUIDE] GridSeed 5-Chip USB, Blade & Black Miner Support/Tuning  (Read 308618 times)
jamieb81

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 03:50:18 PM

I haven't used those. I use cpuminer. Seems stable for the past several days. On Win XP too.

Same for me CPUminer has been the best for me, no reboots needed, no errors, perfectly stable. I Tried BFG, was a mess..
I will test cpuminer again.
Anyone tried using this version of cpuminer?: https://github.com/siklon/usb-miner/tree/master/software/cpuminer
It has auto frequency tuning per chip as used in LightningAsic Gridseed Controller Firmware V3.

I have not yet pushed the auto overclock feature to github as it is still undergoing testing, but look forward to it this weekend.

Wow do it please, Really would love the CPUminer with auto overclock for windows.

any chance to make a fix to show hashrate as well? I'll donate for that!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 04:11:50 PM

I haven't used those. I use cpuminer. Seems stable for the past several days. On Win XP too.

Same for me CPUminer has been the best for me, no reboots needed, no errors, perfectly stable. I Tried BFG, was a mess..
Anyone tried using this version of cpuminer?: https://github.com/siklon/usb-miner/tree/master/software/cpuminer
It has auto frequency tuning per chip as used in LightningAsic Gridseed Controller Firmware V3.

I have not yet pushed the auto overclock feature to github as it is still undergoing testing, but look forward to it this weekend.

Wow do it please, Really would love the CPUminer with auto overclock for windows.

Yes, there is currently a display for chip/miner/total hashrate.

mineworld

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 07:34:00 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 07:51:13 PM by mineworld

I followed the steps, install CP210x_VCP_Windows, plug in device, run zadig_2.1.0.exe, but then I get this:
http://imgur.com/dG2OFlZ
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried reinstalling Windows, tried different ports, hubs, etc.
LED is solid green sometimes, other times just the FAN is on.
Fyuri

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2014, 08:41:40 PM

i have damaged my gridseed with a bad power supply...  Sad
Have someone the description from the damaged chip?

https://i.imgur.com/NGx2EBIl.jpg

possibly i can repair that.

Fyuri

M3052M
02J

(not sure about that "J" there, mine is a bit worn off)

thank you for fast answer. I have not found anything about this chips. so i have buy a 1RA03GMT mosfet for test. i have implement it and it works. my soldering looks not good but my gridseed hashing since 24h.  Grin

https://i.imgur.com/qSY6wXll.jpg
happydaze

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:02:45 PM

I followed the steps, install CP210x_VCP_Windows, plug in device, run zadig_2.1.0.exe, but then I get this:
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, tried reinstalling Windows, tried different ports, hubs, etc.

I had the "One of the USB devices attached to your computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." with one pod and nothing I did helped.  I tried it on 4 computers with fresh driver installations.  At the time, I didn't know about a reset button on the pod.  Maybe try that if you are comfortable taking the heat sink off.  My pod was still under warranty so I returned it. 

Don't use Zadig for your testing.  Use CP drivers for pods with CP com chips.  Use STM drivers for STM com chips.  Reinstall the correct drivers and see if Windows recognizes the device.
mineworld

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:30:34 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2014, 10:48:17 PM by mineworld

I had the "One of the USB devices attached to your computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." with one pod and nothing I did helped.  I tried it on 4 computers with fresh driver installations.  At the time, I didn't know about a reset button on the pod.  Maybe try that if you are comfortable taking the heat sink off.  My pod was still under warranty so I returned it.  

Don't use Zadig for your testing.  Use CP drivers for pods with CP com chips.  Use STM drivers for STM com chips.  Reinstall the correct drivers and see if Windows recognizes the device.

Thanks for the reply!
Where do you recommend I get the drivers?
How can I tell which chip I have?
After a while of having it plugged in idle, the red and green lights seem to cycle very slowly between on and off.
Maybe about a minute or so, but not in sync as I powered it on then plugged in the USB

I tried a second USB cable I know works as I use it on my wifi dongle, and got the same unknown device error.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers as well, though the install goes so fast I assume it's not fully uninstalling them.
I'm plugging it directly into the computer's USB 2 and 3 ports.
Is a powered USB hub some how required over motherboard USB?
happydaze

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 10:58:51 PM

You can get the drivers from EastShore Trade's site here: http://eastshoretrade.blogspot.ca/2014/03/driver-important-reference-gridseed.html

Right under where it says " IMPORTANT If the driver not works, you can also try the drivers below". The first is CP210x and the second is STM32.  Once Google docs open click one File then click on Download. Do that twice; once for the CP210x drivers and once for the STM32 drivers which happen to be named LIGHTNINGASIC Gold miner USB driver_V1.3.1. I use the second one.  All of my pods are STM32.  I think all newer ones are. Probably from early March is my guess.
mineworld

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:15:36 AM

You can get the drivers from EastShore Trade's site here: http://eastshoretrade.blogspot.ca/2014/03/driver-important-reference-gridseed.html

Right under where it says " IMPORTANT If the driver not works, you can also try the drivers below". The first is CP210x and the second is STM32.  Once Google docs open click one File then click on Download. Do that twice; once for the CP210x drivers and once for the STM32 drivers which happen to be named LIGHTNINGASIC Gold miner USB driver_V1.3.1. I use the second one.  All of my pods are STM32.  I think all newer ones are. Probably from early March is my guess.

Still Unknown Device for me with both of those installed.
Thanks for the effort though!
Maybe a bad device, might have to try doing the reset switch or something.
happydaze

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 12:25:25 AM

If there's any warranty on it consider returning it.  If no warranty then you could check that the screws aren't too tight.  There have been a few comments recently about over tightened screws potentially causing problems.  It looked to me like the fan wires had been crimped during assembly on the one I returned because of the unrecognized device USB error. I thought maybe that caused a short.  Just a guess on my part though.
gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 19, 2014, 04:13:16 AM

If copper shrims are 1mm thick and cheap then this i think will be better than the pads since they are rated HIghest in w/mk then u add some good thermal paste on the shrim and close up.

Also is anyone aware of the development of cgminer seems some rushed ths gridseed version + oc version as there are soms bugs ...quick example of 2 bugs ...

1. In between the listing my accepted shares I get the repeat lines that show the same bit as the  batch file showing 5 chips and baud115450 etc etc . This doesn't happen everytime i start cgminer.. usually  it only shows the pool information and the      accepted shares.

2. The 2nd one I noticed Crashes when i close the lid of my laptop. Instantly cgminer crashes.

Very annoying
bronan

Activity: 774

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 12:50:39 PM

Hmm i think i never buy usb devices ever besides stupid mouse and keyboard.
Been 4 days busy to get anything working at all

What a freaking pain in the behind again to get anything running as it should
I got a G-Blade 80 chips but this far i only got it running on my win 7 box with the bfg 3.99 GS version
Which btw runs only 3 Mh not anything near 5.2 Mh
And it constant wants to start the not able to mine ati gpu ....... could not find a command to disable the gpu from the command line in the non existing help files

I tried the cgminer but guess what i does not work ... Sigh
Freaking zadig installed (BTW I hate zadig) , with the latest blade compatible cgminer 3.7.2 to get YES you allready know "devices not found"
I remove the crap zadig by reloading the driver for the board
started the cfgminer and its running again at its half speed pace.

I looks like its simply not able to run normal on windows, i got a pi and that is also not working besides the very old GS 3.8.5 version which starts mining yes ..... BTC .... sigh
When i try the new 3.7.2 i get YES no devices found .....
nst6563

Activity: 252
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:03:36 PM

I got a G-Blade 80 chips but this far i only got it running on my win 7 box with the bfg 3.99 GS version
And it constant wants to start the not able to mine ati gpu ....... could not find a command to disable the gpu from the command line in the non existing help files

Freaking zadig installed (BTW I hate zadig) , with the latest blade compatible cgminer 3.7.2 to get YES you allready know "devices not found"

I looks like its simply not able to run normal on windows, i got a pi and that is also not working besides the very old GS 3.8.5 version which starts mining yes ..... BTC .... sigh

Run cgminer 3.7.2, and when it says no devices found, unplug the usb to the miner, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in.  It's no secret that cgminer has this problem.  cpuminer doesn't seem to suffer from this issue and it doesn't require the stupid zadig process to replace the drivers either.
bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 01:16:51 PM
Last edit: April 20, 2014, 01:28:37 PM by bronan

Sadly pulling and pushing them back in did help once .... on my win 8.1 machine but it never found the second board, no matter what i do it simply did not start the second board
Power it down/up plug usb plugs in/out nothing helps

I had the crazy idea to change the usb cable to a shorter one and since that i can install the stuff as long and often as i want it won't find the boards

When i put the miner onto usb hub for the pi i instant lost them and now unplugging/plugging in any port does not make them work

However that weird 3.8.5 version saw the blades instant as btc miners that was the most odd i ever notices it went up to 10 Gh/s and was building up speed, but i do not want them to mine btc

Does the cpuminer support the g-blades ? how to get it to find all 80 chips

I got it now running with the bfgminer 3.99  at around 3 Mh on the same usb hub and cables connected to a win 7 htpc

Installing zadig end again in cgminer not finding the devices
You guys using zadig 2.1.0

sandor111

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 01:38:12 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2014, 10:35:48 AM by sandor111

Yes, there is currently a display for chip/miner/total hashrate.

https://github.com/siklon/cpuminer-gc3355

Short summary:
* Added hashrate statistics
* Added auto per-chip frequency tuning
* Added JSON API at port 4028 -> send {"get":"stats"} to get stats for each miner/chip
* Input any frequency you want

Code:
  -G, --gc3355=DEV0,DEV1,...,DEVn      enable GC3355 chip mining mode (default: no)
  -F, --freq=FREQUENCY  set GC3355 core frequency in NONE dual mode (default: 600)
  -f, --gc3355-freq=DEV0:F0,DEV1:F1,...,DEVn:Fn      individual frequency setting
  -A, --gc3355-autotune  auto overclocking each GC3355 chip (default: no)

It should work on Rpi, but I haven't tested it yet.

darkfriend77 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2014, 02:01:28 PM

I'm using the gs cgminer for raspberry it's working like a charm except ... having wrong hashrate .. displayed ...

there have been some forks to adjust that issue ... I haven't tested them ...

It is a modified version of these two projects:
https://github.com/dtbartle/cgminer-gc3355
https://github.com/girnyau/cgminer-gc3355

My forked project is here: https://github.com/jmordica/cgminer-gc3355

You can see my latest commits for allowing for more chips. The Blades are 40 chips per USB card. So in the gridseed-options you can do chips=40. This allows cgminer to display the correct local hashrate of each board.

I also just forked the girnyau project because it allows for calling freq=838 easily which seems to work best for these devices so far.

haven't tested this ...

-:| www.DOTMog.com |:-
Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 02:08:42 PM

Sadly pulling and pushing them back in did help once .... on my win 8.1 machine but it never found the second board, no matter what i do it simply did not start the second board
Power it down/up plug usb plugs in/out nothing helps

I had the crazy idea to change the usb cable to a shorter one and since that i can install the stuff as long and often as i want it won't find the boards

When i put the miner onto usb hub for the pi i instant lost them and now unplugging/plugging in any port does not make them work

However that weird 3.8.5 version saw the blades instant as btc miners that was the most odd i ever notices it went up to 10 Gh/s and was building up speed, but i do not want them to mine btc

Does the cpuminer support the g-blades ? how to get it to find all 80 chips

I got it now running with the bfgminer 3.99  at around 3 Mh on the same usb hub and cables connected to a win 7 htpc

Installing zadig end again in cgminer not finding the devices
You guys using zadig 2.1.0

Hi!

If you are having problems with mining on bfgminer, then you'll will need to do as follows:
1. Go to Device Manager
2. Then Go to Ports (COM & LPT) or Universal Serial Bus controllers - depends what drivers you have installed
3. Delete STM32 Vritual COM port driver (or something simillar) or STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port (COM1-XY), and choose "Delete the driver software for this device" if available
4. Download http://www.st.com/web/en/catalog/tools/PF257938 drivers
5. Install drivers
6. Download BFGminer 3.99.00 from here: http://cryptomining-blog.com/wp-content/files/bfgminer-3-99-0-windows.zip
7. Run bfgminer with LTC_ONLY.bat in the folder with the following flags:
Code:
C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\bfgminer-3-99-0-windows-new\bfgminer-3-99-0-windows-new\bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3333 -u User.worker -p 123 -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=850
-d flag to turn off the GPUs
8. Wait 10 minutes to miner really warm up - third row is the responding pool hashrate

If you want to run cgminer, you have to do as follows:

1. Go to Device Manager
2. Then Go to Ports (COM & LPT) or Universal Serial Bus controllers - depends what drivers you have installed
3. Delete STM32 Vritual COM port driver (or something simillar) or STMicroelectronics Virtual COM Port (COM1-XY), and choose "Delete the driver software for this device" if available
4. Download Zadig from here for the correct OS: http://zadig.akeo.ie/
5. Run Zadig and choose Options - > List All Devices
6. Choose STM32 Virtual Com Port (only one)
7. Under drivers choose WinUSB (v6.1.xxxxxxxx) etc
8. Click Replace Driver or Install Driver (probably the second one will be available after deleting drivers under 3.) and wait a few minutes
9. Download cgminer from here: http://cryptomining-blog.com/wp-content/files/cgminer-3-7-2-gridseed-windows-alt.zip
10. Turn off the HUB or eject all the miners
11. Run the cgminer with LTC_ONLY.bat in the folder with the following flags:
Code:
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://ltc.give-me-coins.com:3333 -u User.worker -p 123 --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850,chips=5 --hotplug 5
correct the chip number on the G-blade to 80
12. Wait for the main window to popup, then plugin (or turn on) the hub with the miners
13. The cgminer will detect the miners and display the hash rate after it warms up - 10 minutes

I think that the latest versions of cgminer and bfgminer is not appropriate since this one is custom build for LTC mode only. If you have any questions, I do have a lot of work and research about Gridseed miners and you can write me also an PM. Everything what I described was run under Win7 64bit.

Hope you will get what you want! Wink
bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:02:16 PM

Hey that indeed exact how i did it on the win 7 x64 machine
Win 8.1 seems to have a problem with usb access somehow

I did change the speed to 820 before but it had a weird effect the boards ran slower

bfgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.multipool.us:7777 -u me.s1 -p x -d gridseed -S gridseed:all --set-device gridseed:clock=800

Now after i changed the speed to 850 it now runs at 4.6 Mh nice

Anyway thanks for posting the instructions anyhow seems to run ok now

however the bfgminer still does try to start the gpu but since its only a 5450 low profile fanless its not even capable of mining at all XD

does anyone know the command to let the program skip detecting the gpu ?

later i will try to get it running with bfgminer from a pi image but for now i am glad it is running
Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:35:44 PM

I will try to run it on 800Mhz, because they are actually needing from 100W to 120W as they are not connected equally comparable to individual grdiseed miners. More: http://cryptomining-blog.com/1921-performance-results-from-2x-gridseed-blade-miner-asics/
bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 03:52:39 PM

bfgminer allways have report less hash then cgminer does, but i allways noticed that i got less errors with bfgminer as well on my btc machines

running 800 Mhz on the blade gives me about 3 Mh far less then the given 5.6 they posted so i am pretty convinced they started with higher speed as well
running 850 Mhz gives me near 5 Mh at this point, however knowing bfgminer it has to settle a bit longer
I will check the performance on a regular basis so i am sure its not going to pump out high % of errors although on scrypt i allways saw a higher hw error rate.
The problem i have is weird bfgminer sees both boards when i install zadig i get either no devices found at all or it finds only the second board
I can actually turn it off but since the fan is connected on that board, this is not a wise idea. Even though they stay pretty cool i  think without the fan they die pretty sure of heat.
I pulled the cable out several times let it rest for 15 minutes plug it back in but it simply refuses to be found by cgminer
For the power well its connected to my 1200 watt antec on a pci-e connector which should be able to feed 225 watt at max since its actually a 8 pin
So the 140 watt it might pull or a bit more will not even make it sweat at all i think
And second feeding it off a pc psu is more efficient, but ill check it from time to time if things act up weird

ZiG

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 04:17:45 PM

bfgminer allways have report less hash then cgminer does, but i allways noticed that i got less errors with bfgminer as well on my btc machines

running 800 Mhz on the blade gives me about 3 Mh far less then the given 5.6 they posted so i am pretty convinced they started with higher speed as well
running 850 Mhz gives me near 5 Mh at this point, however knowing bfgminer it has to settle a bit longer
I will check the performance on a regular basis so i am sure its not going to pump out high % of errors although on scrypt i allways saw a higher hw error rate.
The problem i have is weird bfgminer sees both boards when i install zadig i get either no devices found at all or it finds only the second board
I can actually turn it off but since the fan is connected on that board, this is not a wise idea. Even though they stay pretty cool i  think without the fan they die pretty sure of heat.
I pulled the cable out several times let it rest for 15 minutes plug it back in but it simply refuses to be found by cgminer
For the power well its connected to my 1200 watt antec on a pci-e connector which should be able to feed 225 watt at max since its actually a 8 pin
So the 140 watt it might pull or a bit more will not even make it sweat at all i think
And second feeding it off a pc psu is more efficient, but ill check it from time to time if things act up weird

Hey Bronan...

PSU...:
8-pin PCI-E connector is rated @150W max...not 225W...You should be fine here...You could try 2 separate PCI-E connectors...1 for each board...

Software...:
cgminer NEEDS Zadig driver...installed properly...without it it will NOT recognize gridseed...
bfgminer is opposite...DOESN't need Zadig...just opposite...you have to Un-install zadig and put back STM driver...

USB...:
Are you sure that you are NOT using USB 3.0 port(s) on the back of your PC/laptop...Gridseeds are intended to work with USB2.0...they don't like usb3.0...giving us all kind of weird problems...Make sure that both USB cables go the 2 USB 2.0 ports...

Just my 2 cents...

ZiG 
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: