Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:20:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Web Auctions?  (Read 146 times)
darklus123 (OP)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 02:31:02 AM

Hi,

I am currently planning to create a web application for an auctions tho, I still don't have any idea on how am I actually gonna be doing it (like it's features). Can I have some of your thoughts I would greatly appreciate it. Or if you think that this can not be a good idea.

What I am currently thinking is to make an ease the selling of collectible from here to that specific site
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6129

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 10:15:16 AM

I wouldn't go with this unless you know what you're doing which doesn't seem like the case as you're not even sure of the features you're going to implement.

We already have Bitify and Coinmall, and also OpenBazaar as a decentralized solution. Unless you're offering something new and better, people wouldn't want to try your service.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2019, 11:33:14 AM

@OmegaStarScream is right on the money.

You'd be competing against much larger companies that already have the market cornered.
even projects like OpenBazaar & Bitify barely stand a chance against them, their usage stats aren't that great.

Seems like something that would be very very difficult to pull off, even more so when you don't have a clear vision of what you want.

eckmar
Legendary

Activity: 1878
Merit: 1038

Telegram: https://t.me/eckmar

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 02:42:25 PM

Honestly Bitify is shit. Looks like an app from 2010. If you can do a better job and create an app that looks professional (doubt one person can do it) then go for it. As for OpenBazaar its great, but ppl really dont want to download anything to their PC's.
darklus123 (OP)

View Profile
April 11, 2019, 11:48:26 PM

Thanks you for the suggestion guys, I will try to look at those sites you were talking about. Yes I still don't have any ideas on how am I gonna be doing it.

If I can came up something unique that those other sites don't have then I might proceed(you are right I will be doing it alone)
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:09:12 AM

I am currently planning to create a web application for an auctions tho, I still don't have any idea on how am I actually gonna be doing it (like it's features). Can I have some of your thoughts I would greatly appreciate it. Or if you think that this can not be a good idea.
Does it have anything to do with bitcoins? If not this is the wrong section. if yes, there are 100 sites you'd find which do the same thing on your first page of google. This is not a good idea if you're not doing anything different from the existing sites. Also, the collectors on this forum won't likely use your service since they have everything on this forum to carry out an action successfully. Plus the trust factor which your website won't offer.

darklus123 (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2019, 10:16:34 AM

Does it have anything to do with bitcoins? If not this is the wrong section. if yes, there are 100 sites you'd find which do the same thing on your first page of google. This is not a good idea if you're not doing anything different from the existing sites. Also, the collectors on this forum won't likely use your service since they have everything on this forum to carry out an action successfully. Plus the trust factor which your website won't offer.

I see, i guess this can really be hard. I got some ideas now but are still considering the fact that this might not still be able to have a huge differences from other auction sites. I have decided to just not continue with this one at all. Will be closing this thread for now thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: