Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:45:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is your strategy for hodling or selling?  (Read 3309 times)
noobrik (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 2

I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:14:02 PM

While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lifesgood10

Activity: 378
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:23:43 PM

I won’t really say I’m an investor but my strategy is very simple and plain

I sell the huge pumps and buy te dumps
In other words, but the rumour and when the news comes around. Do ensure to sell the news and take in your profit
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:34:19 PM

Well most in the community are doing the same, They would sure buy on an All time low and sell on the All time high, Rinse and repeat, Very simple strategy for a hodler, But there are some who surely risk they even sell on an ATL because they only believe that the price will surely drop, Well I really think there are no other system on how you can properly Buy and sell on the market of Cryptocurrency.
Bitdressa

Activity: 303
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:36:06 PM

I better hold it back when the price soars higher than it can make a big profit for us. of course this will be a more useful thing for us all.
noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:40:56 PM

Yeah thats why I said it might seem easy. But if you're not careful you'll be selling when you should be buying and buying when you should be selling. A lot of people make this mistake and it all comes from trying to "predict" the market
Asantewaa2000

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

“Global loyalty & rewards”

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:46:31 PM

I think it will be good for you to hold when the market is down and if you have some money to invest do so at that time and sell some when the boom up.

//  ✩ RAINCHECK.ORG  //  Pre-sale is now in progress!   //
 A Global Loyalty & Rewards Points Exchange Aggregator Powered by Stellar
Xhero

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:48:34 PM

When the market enters an underestimation, it is the best time to buy cryptocurrency. The market is currently underestimating. I think this is a good time for your investment. If the market will enter the bull market again for a while, then you can The bull market sells your cryptocurrency to make a profit.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:49:06 PM

While this might seem like something very intuitive, it is in fact one of the most difficult things I have noticed in the crypto world. When should I sell and when should I buy for maximum profit and minimum loss? After a lot of mishaps in this space, I have come to understand that a system, strictly followed is the key.

My own system is very simple. It doesnt matter when I buy, I could buy at an ATH or midway between an ATH and an ATL; but for the sake of security I would always sell at an ATH. This system assumes there would always be a correction following an ATH, sometimes a very damaging correction that it becomes a perceived market crash. No matter when I buy, provided I don't run into some life threatening issue, I believe there would always be a new ATH, so I wait, and I sell immediately that ATH comes. The I sit back and watch the greed and FOMO take over, wait for the correction, then buy again. Rinse and repeat. The only constant that this formula relies on is that there would always be a new ATH. So far this fact is yet to be disputed.

What is your system?

It depends on the market condition.
I usually hold 50% of bitcoin in my portofolio when bitcoin stable and wait for bullish.
And after taking 2-5% profit from bitcoin, i'm selling it and hold fiat while i'm trading alts for other 50%
noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:49:51 PM

Well most in the community are doing the same, They would sure buy on an All time low and sell on the All time high, Rinse and repeat, Very simple strategy for a hodler, But there are some who surely risk they even sell on an ATL because they only believe that the price will surely drop, Well I really think there are no other system on how you can properly Buy and sell on the market of Cryptocurrency.
That is why I use an ATH as price point that signifies selling. But trust me a lot of people when in an ATH dont do this, instead they think the price will keep going up. And sometimes it will but rest assured it must drop before going up again to surpass the ATH and go to a new ATH. I just feel buy simply selling at an ATH, it takes away all the guessing and whatnot
drlukacs

Activity: 854
Merit: 253

l0tt0.com

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:50:30 PM

It's too hard to predict good time to sell or buy Smiley. I think you should sell when you already got profit from your holding Smiley. If you still wanna get more then you'll lose everything easily Smiley. Market dump and pump very quickly those recent days so don't try to do anything too risky.

WHIRLWIND
|
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄         █
     ▄▄██▀▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄        █A
    ▄██▀▄██▀▄▀▀▀ ▄▄ ▄▄▄▄     █
   ███ ██▀▄▀     ▄▄▀▄▄ ▀█▄   █
  ███ ███ █        ▀▄ █▄ ██  █
  ███ ███ █         █ ██ ██  █
  ███ ███ █        ▄▀ █▀ ██  █
   ███ ██▄▀▄     ▀▀▄▀▀ ▄█▀   █
    ▀██▄▀██▄▀▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     █
     ▀▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀        █
        ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▀▀         █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
  No Fee    Ultimate Privacy  
ANONYMITY
MINING CAMPAIGN
MIX NOW
|
Yahdz

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:53:33 PM

Trading is buying at a low price, selling it at a higher price. the strategy in my opinion is to be smart to analyze the price that will occur. but I have a little easy strategy that we can follow Signal Bitcoin. but if you believe in that
Newsky

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:53:53 PM

At present, this market is still underestimated, all cryptocurrencies have fallen too much, so we should maintain enough patience to continue to hold our cryptocurrency waiting for the market to pick up, because if you sell your coins now, then you must be Loss, only continue to wait for you to profit from it, and I believe the market will definitely pick up again.
Yudhisthir

Activity: 1037
Merit: 103

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:56:29 PM

Buy cheap, hold, sell some on high, if the coin rises keep on selling and if decreases keep buying.
This would be the perfect strategy but as you need to control your short instincts and plan for long than daily change in prices.
If you diversify your money among many coins, you can even profit in a falling market.

noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:56:56 PM

And it is that lack of predictive abilities that make it very important to have a system to follow. A sort of price system that one would follow to the letter even if market performance is telling you to do otherwise.
Mr.Spreadthehamster

Activity: 518
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 02:00:32 PM

I just usually hold, someimes it brings good result, sometmes don't.
But i still believe in this statagy, because trading is strass, and I do not like it.

|██████| | ██████SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE██████ |██████| |
| INVECH |
WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM | INVECH |
|██████| | ███████JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!████████ |██████| |
noobrik (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:13:00 PM

bump!
ranman09

Activity: 756
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:17:55 PM

Is there a simple way to know if bitcoin is on its all-time high? Can you share some indicator? I know that it will need technical analysis, but a way to start is a great reply.
Janeetaa

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:25:24 PM

If I will buy when the price drops, and hold it until the price rises. I will sell it when the price is high and have already benefited from the coin.
anjohyx

Activity: 451
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:00:11 PM

Mine is different than you and it's very simple, I don't have time to monitor crypto market, so I can't become a day trader, then I only buy at lower price and then hold it, even price increase 50%, I won't sell it and buy again when price dip again, my target is profit at least x5 (buy in price), if not I just holding and wait again

o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 03:01:49 PM

I usually hold my tokens. But whenever a token reaches its maximum price I set, I sell that token..
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: