Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 02:19:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin will change, like PayPal did?  (Read 396 times)
zenrol28
Copper Member

Activity: 854
Merit: 110

Give Hope For Everyone!

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 12:28:35 PM

Just reminder that we are supposed to be different than our competitors. Right?
Bitcoin is decentralized and neither paypal nor any other payment systems can be. It is true that bitcoin had reached its limit last year but there are people that are continuously making solutions. Like segwit where fees were almost halve. Satoshi's promise was the white paper and when bitcoin went live on jan 3 2009, he already did his promise. All we need to do is to keep using bitcoin and believe on the core developers that had been working for years.

jsnode

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:44:45 PM

Bitcoin and PayPal are not same and we can't compare both because bitcoin is decentralized currency and no one controlling it also we are sending bulk payment with minimum transaction fee and PayPal is charging much amount name of transaction fee also they need all kind of KYC for send and receive payments internationally and domestic, in upcoming years bitcoin transaction fee will be low as compare today because of worldwide adaption.
Shafiqul Islam

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

burst.money

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:51:08 PM

No I don't think bitcoin will change and another popular cryptocurrency will come soon...like PayPal. I don't think negative because PayPal and bitcoin two both separate currency.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:29:12 PM

i hope this doesn't happen but i think it will:
i think bitcoin will change and we will end up having higher fees because although we are having scaling but it is not going on with the same speed as the adoption at times and we may end up seeing higher fees again even without spam attacks. and some people would think that is ok as they showed last year with saying "bitcoin is not a currency but a store of value" but it simply can not last because we will either scale to match the demand or lose the demand as it goes elsewhere and those "storing their value" would realize their mistake as their "value" drops.

There is a FOMO brewing...
rabia_laskor

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 10:51:57 PM

I believe bitcoin will not change. Peoples are investing in this project because it is stable in the market and its price fluctuation range is not too much high.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: