Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:38:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: altcoin prices?  (Read 396 times)
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:08:51 PM

Several reasons. Prices of altcoin (i am not talking about top altcoins) never goes higher in the shortrun unless there is an even that is taking place which benefits the crypto market. The event encourages the price to rise since people starts to invest on different altcoin as much as possible. Now, the main reason why altcoin price drops when the price of bitcoin rises is because, people sell off their altcoin to get those bitcoin. Thus dumping of altcoins causes the price to fall and buying those bitcoin causes the price of bitcoin to rise.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deepcryptomine

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:14:23 PM

I still have my altcoins investment but haven't invested in anything. I think it will go down more and I can wait a little.
the1arty

Activity: 756
Merit: 259

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 10:25:04 PM

So bitcoin just keeps going up and down and still not reaching much lower than 6k but everytime these surges with bitcoin happen alt prices keep taking a dive. Even though it seems like when bitcoin takes a dive alts take a dive when btc raises alts take a dive.

Does anyone know why this keeps happening like this usually once money comes out of btc it goes back into the alts and the price raises again but it does not seem to happen like that now. I have lost a lot more % in alts than if I were to just hold btc.

Looking for opinions and suggestions on this subject?

Altcoins been dumped a lot, and bitcoin dominance is more than 50%. However, today market represents well, alts growing more than btc, but they drop heavier also. Still many alts have a bright future, surely most of them will go nowhere and stronger projects will replace them, surely most of them are not on the CMC yet.
pekingcoepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:30:25 PM

I'm also confused about what happens to some big altcoins with a very sharp decline now, because as you say a little down with Bitcoin is like 5%, then altcoin can drop by 15% then if Bitcoin still continues to decrease by 2% then altcoin still experiencing a decline, we see prices in January and comparing prices with current prices so far the difference is whether we have to keep holding BTC rather than having to hold the altcoin whose prices are always decreasing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: