Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:38:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6266 times)
BitGunner

Activity: 205
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 11:59:29 AM

I think that it can be called the digital gold because it is the best one in the market today and it is really valuable. to my mind, choosing it is a good idea if you want to become rich in the nearest future

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:10:48 PM

Gold has become a measure of value and a repository of value due to the fact that it is fairly stable in price and against the background of the depreciation of the usual currencies, its rate is gradually growing. Bitcoin can not be digital gold, because it constantly changes its value. Therefore, it can not be a reliable repository of value. When he was constantly growing in price every year, people were euphoric about this. When bitcoin ceases to increase substantially in price, then it will stop comparing it with digital gold.
Deepak82740

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:19:54 PM

Most of the people invests in the Gold becoz its prises varies from day to day and like that Bitcoin gave the endless price hikes to its investors and even in future it may be determine as digital gold.
adefirman98

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:20:53 PM

It is not wrong to analogize Bitcoin as gold in digital form. Because to get it, you have to "mine it" first. The trick is to solve mathematical problems that involve a series of complicated algorithm calculations on the computer.
ayambawang

Activity: 72

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 05:45:11 PM

gold and btc are clearly different, how can anyone think btc is digital gold, indeed what I know and I see many stories of people who are suddenly rich because of btc, but that is true, with them investing with btc they get big profits but that is not the reason for making btc the same as digital gold, if you hear someone who loses his money in BTc, I know for sure that the person is not patient enough and always wants everything instantly even though the name of the investment requires time, patience in waiting is the key, especially in the market the bad now is very unlikely to get a lot of profit in a short period of time
MosaicRack14

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:15:48 PM

Bitcoin is a digital gold because like gold when ever we hold it we get more and more profit though some time the value fall but it is only for limited times.
Pemburu dollar

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:17:31 PM

Bitcoin can atually be termed a digital gold due to the amount of value attatched to it. What gives gold its importance is the value attatched to it and bitcoin posses such if not more so i dont think anyone will be wrong to call it a digital gold but we all need to be wise when investing in bitcoin.

I think this is virtual money that is completely intangible and stored online. Like ordinary currencies, it can be used to buy items electronically, functioning in a manner comparable to conventional dollar, euro or yen denominations, which are also traded digitally.
I think just like you. Bitcoin is not like gold. This is a digital asset and functions as a payment method.
greg0rioo

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:32:59 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin already deserves to be digital gold. Because bitcoin is a good investment tool, many investors have invested in bitcoin.
rudito

Activity: 275

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:40:26 PM

Bitcoin is gold in the digital world because bitcoin has high value. And because bitcoin is the highest value, bitcoin is very good as a currency and also a good investment.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:48:01 PM

Sure, you could compare it, but the thing that worries me with bitcoin is what if another digital gold comes along, maybe digital platinum, or digital diamonds and so forth. I think bitcoin needs to be more than just a digital asset and I think it is with it being both a currency and a payment system and that's where its true value lies.

gold and btc are clearly different, how can anyone think btc is digital gold, indeed what I know and I see many stories of people who are suddenly rich because of btc, but that is true, with them investing with btc they get big profits but that is not the reason for making btc the same as digital gold, if you hear someone who loses his money in BTc, I know for sure that the person is not patient enough and always wants everything instantly even though the name of the investment requires time, patience in waiting is the key, especially in the market the bad now is very unlikely to get a lot of profit in a short period of time

People aren't saying they're the same. They're comparing bitcoin to a *digital* version of gold, which there are many similarities,

gaston castano

Activity: 1526
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:06:50 PM

Bitcoin can atually be termed a digital gold due to the amount of value attatched to it. What gives gold its importance is the value attatched to it and bitcoin posses such if not more so i dont think anyone will be wrong to call it a digital gold but we all need to be wise when investing in bitcoin.

I think this is virtual money that is completely intangible and stored online. Like ordinary currencies, it can be used to buy items electronically, functioning in a manner comparable to conventional dollar, euro or yen denominations, which are also traded digitally.
I think just like you. Bitcoin is not like gold. This is a digital asset and functions as a payment method.
Your opinion is correct, but here the problem is not to equate bitcoin with gold, this term is just a term used by some people to describe how valuable bitcoin is, which is described as gold in the real world, so don't punish easily, understand the sentence used.
Gankstard

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 07:15:19 PM

To be honest one can say bitcoin is the digital gold. Its just a "little bit" more volatile then gold. Its the way you look at it. If you store it for a long time it kinda acts the same as if you store cash for gold, but in this cryptomarket its unscertain how much of your investment will come back to you. you can end up with the same amount or a lot less (or more ofc Smiley)
riyarana1123
Copper Member

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2018, 07:28:46 PM

Its actually very difficult to say that bitcoin is a digital gold or not because it make many people rich on the darker side make poor also.Its actually a thing which was introduced for a particular reason but use for an other reason(design to use as a currency and become investment market).The bitcoin is now become an investment market as well a mode of transactions but to use it as a investment people must have a knowledge of any investment market because every investment market is a place of risk a person can get a huge profit or sometime nothing.Moreover the use of bitcoin as a currency is quite easy.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
EmmaBen

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:13:15 PM

So far as the word "digital currency is concerned, nothing comes close to bitcoin. So bitcoin is definitely a digital gold. Gold itself is worth much lower than bitcoin. This fact alone answer's your question!
Bgbolahan

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:19:47 PM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
Bitcoin is a digital gold and not currency because bitcoin still lack some features of a currency but have a many characteristics to be gold. Bitcoin is the application on Blockchain to be successful and trusted
Buttermellow

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:22:44 PM

I think bitcoin is a digital currency that can be traded freely. many people think bitcoin is a substitute for gold in the future, but gold is still gold. with bitcoin we can make transactions such as sending money out of the country freely.
Yeah and there are many functions that bitcoin could be incorporate with for the business and to other areas where bitcoin could be use. Actually the one who made the thread made some confusions on why he thinks that bitcoin is a digital gold where in fact there is no such thing as digital gold. He just made those things up and then made his opinion that he made.
ngano ba

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:22:02 PM

Bitcoin is a kind of cryptocurrency with a very high value coin, investor who invested their money on this crypto ,are like investing in real gold, because bitcoin is so valuable, and we can considered a bitcoin as an asset and a digital gold in this cryptoworld.
alexsandre

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:35:08 PM

I agree that Bitcoin is digital gold because it is very expensive and will be even more expensive several times
inv_ker

Activity: 144
Merit: 30

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:36:01 PM

At the moment I do not think that bitcoin is digital gold. But maybe in the future, but very far, it will happen, although I doubt it very much.

For me, I think that if we are going to put basis on its value we can say that it is considerable as gold, because the value of the bitcoin is almost like gold it is becoming more precious like gold and it is amazing because it is only a digital a numbers we cannot even touch it but it's price is amazing. thus, if we are talking or looking about the price of bitcoin, I think bitcoin is like a gold, because bitcoin is very expensive even though the price is falling but it still remains expensive.
hanah30

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:51:57 PM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

Nowadays to hear people describe Bitcoin as “digital gold".Then there’s the near-mythical status of gold as a reserve currency (i.e., a store of value) and unit of account, mirroring the fact that Bitcoin is the blockchain universe’s dominant asset (and one side of most trading pairs on exchanges).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: