Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:22:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6266 times)
randegibran

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:14:39 AM

I think bitcoin is worthy of being used as a digital gold, this is because there are many similarities between bitcoin and gold, and I'm sure that the trend of using bitcoin will continue to increase so that it will become an always profitable investment.
what do you mean? bitcoin and gold are different. bitcoin has become the best investment on the cryptocurrency
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Alamin9884

Activity: 1456
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:19:51 AM

I agree bitcoin is a digital gold.
Payment system, money transfer system very suitable if bitcoin called as digital currency.
So, I trust that it is considered as advanced gold.
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:25:23 AM

I think bitcoin is worthy of being used as a digital gold, this is because there are many similarities between bitcoin and gold, and I'm sure that the trend of using bitcoin will continue to increase so that it will become an always profitable investment.
what do you mean? bitcoin and gold are different. bitcoin has become the best investment on the cryptocurrency

we know that gold is different from bitcoin because gold has its own physical form and fully workable offline but bitcoin is fully dependent to internet and electricity .  yet the op on this thread only see's the bitcoin as a digital gold because a gold is also an asset and a currency at the same time  just like bitcoin and gold is also mineable on the real world . so i think yes , bitcoin can be considered as a digital gold  . but if we are going to choose one between them , for sure many are going to choose bitcoin because bitcoin can open new posibilities  .
tokenabu

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:30:44 AM

It is not wrong to analogize Bitcoin as gold in digital form. Because to get it, you must "mine it" first. The trick is to solve mathematical problems that involve a series of complicated algorithm calculations on the computer. The difficulty level of algorithm calculation to get Bitcoin will increase even longer, so that a special computer is needed that can complete the mining process faster than ordinary computers. To mine it also takes a short time. As for the amount, Bitcoin has been designed from the beginning so that it can only be produced in a limited number of 21 million pieces. Over time, Bitcoin is predicted to no longer be "excavated" in 2140. It can be concluded that the numbers are equally rare and the value that is always rising is 2 characters that make Bitcoin and gold the same. Gold is believed to be a valuable precious metal, and its value will continue to be more expensive in the future. Therefore, gold is used starting from valuables, movable assets and investment.
rasmadisulaiman

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:07:51 AM

Depends on the perception of each person, but in my opinion bitcoin can function as a payment instrument as well as digital gold. Because both can be used as a transaction tool and also investments such as gold, but the risk is even greater when we use it as digital gold because it can lose if prices go down, and vice versa if it rises it will profit.

⚫▶  BUILDERIUM   |▌  CREATING THE FUTURE YOU DESIRE, ONE BID AT A TIME
███ [   Token Sale Starts  ▶  July 23 th, 2018   ] █ █ [   JOIN AIRDROP   ] ███
▬▬▬▬▬    ●    Whitepaper    ●    Facebook    ●    Twitter    ●    Telegram    ●    ▬▬▬▬▬
cryptoJJJ

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:28:34 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

The Bitcoin whitepaper was made almost 10 years ago. The price of a Bitcoins was not expected to rise to the thousand for just one coin back then.
The use case for Bitcoins as a fast payment are limited, the network are reliable, but to slow to be used for a payment system. Other coins are better for that.
The high price also makes Bitcoins something people want to keep. It has proved itself as a safe haven against inflations. And that make Bitcoins to digital gold 2.0
basici

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:33:27 AM

the author in fact, you yourself understand that bitcoin has found a use for it exactly as gold and not currency, therefore it is called "digital gold"

BtcEX Btc : Exchange for Everyone
We offer the most profitable and comfortable exchange rates for cryptocurrency
https://bxlend.com/
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:48:18 AM

The Bitcoin whitepaper was made almost 10 years ago. The price of a Bitcoins was not expected to rise to the thousand for just one coin back then.

How do you know what value satoshi expected bitcoins to be worth? He did once say something along the lines of he envisions either huge adoption with lots of people using it or none at all in the future. If the former is true then I'm sure he would have expected that bitcoin would be worth a hefty value in fiat terms, but I guess satoshi's speculation is something we'll likely never know unless he ever returns (or he did actually say somewhere how much he would expect bitcoin to be worth).
prj112031

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:57:01 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
i am totally agree with you opinion, because it will be very hard to compare a digital to we all know has existence.
Garrixx

Activity: 182

ONe Social Network

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 11:58:45 AM

I still consider it a digital currency in spite of the fact that everything is called its digital gold. I hope he finds his application exactly as a currency

ONe Social Network  Bringing it all Together!   [   ONe   ]
PRESALE  »  12 June   |   https://www.onesocialnetwork.io
Josiah Dave Leonor

Activity: 97
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:29:38 PM

If we are going to base on its value, we can say that it is big enough as gold and People who hear the price of bitcoin will certainly be curious and will find out about bitcoin. Because the value of bitcoin is almost like gold.Investors, however, still turn to gold to diversify their portfolio
Ausgewielt

Activity: 453
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:35:24 PM

Although you said like that but many people are already consider it as gold (gold 2.0). Bitcoin characteristics is closely like gold which is eternity, dividable without change the value but bitcoin has advantage which is fast and secure. I don't said that bitcoin is better than gold because the fact is most of countries are hoarding gold.

Dswaggers

Activity: 109

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 12:59:27 PM

I also do not believe in this digital gold or some gold replacement.  You need to have physical assets on hand like gold/silver.  You must also have fiat (even though its garbage).  Finally you must now in my opinion hold crypto.  It's a brand new asset class which may overtake fiat so you need to be in just in case. 

Well I think  bitcoin is used as digital gold today. It's a de-risk asset. Basically if someone wants to outlay systematic risk, then one would go to access gold or digital gold (bitcoin),”
nurseyman

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:06:40 PM

I think there are huge differences between money and gold. Currently, crypto currencies are like a dollar and euro structure. just more useful to them. gold is not just numbers.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:27:03 PM

Although you said like that but many people are already consider it as gold (gold 2.0). Bitcoin characteristics is closely like gold which is eternity, dividable without change the value but bitcoin has advantage which is fast and secure. I don't said that bitcoin is better than gold because the fact is most of countries are hoarding gold.
bitcoin can be treated no matter what you want to, there is a freedom of choosing what are the best for you to treat for. Bitcoin are look to be as one of the thing just like gold but further more it cant be you can treat that for but the truth is this was not as well.
ksupriya94

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 01:36:34 PM

In my point of view Bitcoin is actually Digital gold because everybody want to hold this currency no body using bitcoin for day to day transaction. Everybody is buying it and keep it storing for value appreciation. So In Crypto world, bitcoin is actually Digital Gold.
ringgo96

Activity: 1526
Merit: 272

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 01:39:59 PM

it can be said like that where bitcoin is digital gold with enthusiasts who are quite large in concept as an investment and also a virtual transaction today. I hope it will be truly successful

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

Pauline30

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:16:39 PM

I believe bitcoin is the first example, I believe they're going to change the world.
feny.blackpink

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:25:21 PM

most people do think that bitcoin is gold. maybe because either gold or bitcoin can be used to invest even though in reality bitcoin is a digital currency.
Amy0404

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 05:25:58 PM

Bitcoin is designed to be a huge step forward in making money more secure and could also act as a significant protection against many forms of financial crime.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: