Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:22:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold??  (Read 6266 times)
code

Activity: 536
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 05:52:32 AM

due to its properties it is called gold, just money is difficult to call it, although some money is an analogue of gold

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
N4bil4

Activity: 351
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 07:15:55 AM

bitcoin is very different from gold, if bitcoin is a virtual currency while gold is a real item,but we can think of it as digital gold because its value is extraordinary,bitcoin was developed into a safer choice for transactions in goods and services and also the best payment method in the world,in my opinion bitcoin and gold are equally useful just different places.
Mideafan

Activity: 26

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:14:26 AM

Bitcoin has made investors much richer than gold in recent times, but whether Bitcoin can actually replace gold is a matter of intense controversy. Bitcoin is not only more volatile over both stocks and gold but also at unpredictable prices, even "crazy", without any relationship to other assets or gold. These erratic movements will make it hard for Bitcoin to play a role similar to gold in the eyes of investors.
lutfi-hasan

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:14:46 AM

bitcoin is very different from gold, if bitcoin is a virtual currency while gold is a real item,but we can think of it as digital gold because its value is extraordinary,bitcoin was developed into a safer choice for transactions in goods and services and also the best payment method in the world,in my opinion bitcoin and gold are equally useful just different places.
Yes, I agree with you, Bitcoin is a valuable digital gold today. If the gold in the real world the price is not as big as Bitcoin, while the price of Bitcoin is so very expensive and is loved by all circles in the world. so I think Bitcoin is worth mentioning as digital gold.
Compiler

Activity: 434
Merit: 86

Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2018, 08:22:15 AM

It depends on the people who think what bitcoin is, because we can see that bitcoin and gold have the similarity, both are obtained through mining.

Bitcoin was created in order to be a current, but adoption day by day is not so easy, it is more use as an asset.

PitbullP

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 08:25:45 AM

yes, i agree with you. Both bitcoin and gold are risky but they are profitable investment for everyone. That's why people call bitcoin is a digital gold
Hira1995
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:21:32 AM

I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency. Because I think that I can touch or see directly but Bitcoin is not touched or seen directly. It is controlled through networking.So I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold but it is a digital currency.
BlockchainGod

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:24:00 AM

I think that bitcoin is really digital gold, because it is not just a new class of assets, it is an opportunity to rethink the economy on the Internet.

Dolarin

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:28:58 AM

I think that considering bitcoin as a currency is also a mistake. Bitcoin is rather a digital asset.
ompoetra

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 09:38:33 AM

Initial coins offering (ICO) issuance which flooded the digital coin market so much was actually not very good. This indicates market participants overvalued digital coins or cryptocurrency.

According to cryptocurrency investor Brian Kelly, this makes many investors install a wait-and-see position.

There are more than 300 ICOs launched in the first half of 2018, the number is almost the same as the ICO throughout 2017. This means that more investor funds are absorbed. TaTaTu, a social entertainment platform, raised US $ 575 million from the sale of its tokens.
ngalamunan

Activity: 332

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:23:16 AM

It depends on the people who think what bitcoin is, because we can see that bitcoin and gold have the similarity, both are obtained through mining.

Bitcoin was created in order to be a current, but adoption day by day is not so easy, it is more use as an asset.

I think bitcoin and gold are the same because they are expensive and difficult to obtain. bitcoin is also beneficial for those of us who invest well. Therefore, bitcoin is called gold because prices are relatively similar.
oni4an

Activity: 658
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:40:03 AM

But gold can also be considered as currency. On gold changed food, clothes, harvest, land and gold fulfilled all the functions of currency. It could be said that it was the most expensive and desirable currency, so I do not see anything in this name Bitcoin.
acreed

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:53:23 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

Even though bitcoin created for digital currency / cryptocurrency, but it's prices is too unstable make it hard to become currency, so, because of that, many people utilize it for investment tools. But for me, either as an investment or a currency, two of them still better than no one use it.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Friskaadew

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 11:55:54 AM

After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.

yes I agree because I also think so because in my opinion btc is a currency not a gold or an investment instrument because btc itself is used to exchange something like a currency, not to be stored like stocks or assets.
Dimas99

Activity: 854
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 12:40:30 PM

I also do not believe in this digital gold or some gold replacement.  You need to have physical assets on hand like gold/silver.  You must also have fiat (even though its garbage).  Finally you must now in my opinion hold crypto.  It's a brand new asset class which may overtake fiat so you need to be in just in case. 
along with the development of technology and the development of the era all practical and efficient, maybe one day we do not use currency or valuable objects in the form of physical because it is not practical
nazaididuan1

Activity: 350

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 12:54:36 PM

Bitcoin, like gold, is monetary, commodity and scarce.
BTC and gold are as bitcoin as a currency and value store!
BTC, like gold, does not degrade or deplete over time.

⮘Pre-ICO Start - 27.04.2018⮚ ⮘https://wbb.io/⮚
P60

Activity: 378

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 12:58:38 PM

We could say that because bitcoin is such a great investment just like gold. The only difference is, bitcoin is in the virtual world. So yes, bitcoin is a digital gold.

KorakPawon

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 01:05:16 PM

I think bitcoin could be a digital gold. Although i know the perspective you are coming from but also remember that real gold is not digital but bitcoin is, so within the "Cryptotic" world bitcoin could be digital gold.

bitcoin is really what it is and it might become digital gold which initially digital money, bitcoin can indeed turn people into rich with the rigor of diligence in business that will ultimately succeed.
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 02:03:07 PM

Not, in my opinion, should not compare BTC with gold, because BTC is another activity and gold is a completely different kind of property which can not be the same, so in my opinion BTC is only temporary and they will stop growing in the future

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
kimcuchospital

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 10:10:27 AM

Bitcoin has evolved into a safer option for dealing in the world's best payment methodologies and services, in my opinion bitcoin and gold are equally useful in different places. Bitcoin is not only volatile than stocks and gold but also at unpredictable prices, even "crazy", without any relationship to other assets or gold.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 »
  Print  

Jump to: