Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:14:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Revolutionising ease of crypto purchase FinCEN/KYC and Banking  (Read 89 times)
gledit (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 12:35:08 AM

By: S Gledhill, Gledit Crypto Journalism.
Abstract: Changing radically the purchase of cryptocurrencies.

Upon reading, an excellently informative article detailing exactly why one has to not only jump through all the verification hoops to purchase (let's use BTC as the example) BTC, but also why governments and banks do not offer such a service - the answer is clear:
- It is lethal to their very existance.
Why would they assist in their own downfall, especially when they have already clearly identified the clear and present danger of crypto and frictionless transactions? Here's the article link for your perusal:

https://hackernoon.com/bitcoin-is-not-money-if-you-seek-compliance-you-are-asking-for-trouble-cbe9107e5298

- This, having personally dealt with the worlds largest - Coinbase's - 'excellent' (!) (no irony ofc) customer service person/s and seen the array of other people struggling with similar problems - failure to answer emails, etc. I feel that this is the crux of why crypto is, or is not going to be adopted universally now, but will take a long time. I beleive it will ultimately succeed either way by steamrollering traditional systems and institutions.

- I understand the need for I.D. verification, for security for both parties, but would a chain of privately owned 'Bureau de Change's' not be a viable solution?

Comments - and wealthy investor interest welcome.

Regards.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: