Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:33:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you trust ICO Rating sites?  (Read 9104 times)
Pline

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:02:56 PM

They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?
There always will be a scam or people who will pay money for the good reviews in the internet. As an advise I could give to you, try to make your own research on the project, team who is in charge of ICO, what budget they have and ask some other users what they think about it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GalahadSeika

Activity: 179

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:04:04 PM

I don't think I can trust ICO rating sites such as ICO bench or some sht. Some of those things are kinda paid? So, I don't believe in their analysis. And, 4.3 rating, hmm and that 4.3 lead to the fall of people who invested. The ICO was a total crack.
Schirer

Activity: 560
Merit: 17

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:09:24 PM

They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?

NO!

They all are shams the only thing that is good in these sites is the data of raised amount of projects and from there i take it myself , research the project and make decisions.
There have been a lot of scam icos which have raised money and have had good ratings in these webpages.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
muslol67

Activity: 1582
Merit: 670

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:10:55 PM

I do not believe in a majority of evaluations. Some give full marks to each project. I do not find it very logical.
aizen10

Activity: 546

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:14:22 PM

this field of giving an excellent reviews or ratings on an ICO is just like a T.V commercials advertisement, a reputated person who advertise that products should earn a great amount of money for the high quality reviews but its all scripted. like in crypto, more experts are being paid by the projects just to posts a good quality review of the projects. meaning not all reviews from experts must be followed by the investors. because for me 90% of the ICO are just money making projects that soon to be a scam projects.
Ifeoluwa98

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:17:06 PM

I don't really trust you them.
CreamIce

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:37:32 PM

Not blindly, no. I think ratings can be bought or influenced in some way. Better seek out other sources of valid reviews and feedback and take a discerning decision. 
herfie.chen

Activity: 672
Merit: 10

simply getting the job done

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:45:43 PM

ICO rating is only a benchmark, don't see a project from rating. You must analyze more deeply, find information, read roadmap and whitepapper to get a good ICO project.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
swati123
Copper Member

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 05:19:34 PM

As a newbie, we initially see ratings of the ICO to take help whether to consider the project or not. But we cannot depend on ratings only. There are other factors to decide on considering the project or not like Team, whitepaper, Manager etc. Proper research is required before investing.

sashulya7979

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:24:20 PM

trust in new projects is gone! a lot of mossheads from this year who stole a lot of money! there are more than 3000 such projects from this year! among all there are good projects! now you need to invest in the project. only after a big check!
Yaminat

Activity: 537

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:28:05 PM

I do not believe in ratings and signals. If I had insider information about coins and projects, then I would use it myself !!

Huskarls

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:35:53 PM

No and never to trust any ICO rating website, it have high possiblity to brought you into their scams, With a lot of scam ICO today, and investor has loss million - billion of USD from ICO it will cause the market more bearish and cannot be recovered, so it might be better not just follow ICO rating as refference.
anrian062

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:39:36 PM

even if the bribe accusation is true, they(ICO rating site) need to keep their credibility safe, they cannot make a bad project to become great rating. But, they can make a good project to become better rating with bribing stuff like you stated. so, my mainline is even they are bribed, they still reliable of the rating they're make. dont trust 100%, but we can start eliminating bad project and good project by the rating. hope this helps
rickn

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:40:07 PM

I trust but distrust the ratings. I've also heard that some sites give good rates in exchange for payments made by the projects being evaluated. I use the rating sites only as one more variable for the evaluation of the ICOs that I am interested in.
BogdanGFTP

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:43:33 PM

Rating sites working good for advertisement and as larger is audience of site then more popular will be projects on top of that site. But it is not good for investors or bounty-hunters who could left with useless tokens.
SSend3r

Activity: 532

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 05:46:08 PM

Of course not ), it just like listing on hyip monitors. Developers pay money and receive any rating that they want. If they don't pay they receive 2 or 3 rating  Grin

Marko44

Activity: 111

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 05:46:51 PM

no, especially Russian publishers, everything is bought there, an example of that is the ico bench. every second rating bought
WildFire.ca

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:47:01 PM

I tried to invest in projects with high ratings on the  icobench and did not earn anything. Some of these coins fell in price by 10 times.

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
cryptograce

Activity: 420
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:50:17 PM

Rating sites are not bad, it depends on the particular site you're visiting. i find them reliable

Lydian Lion
 Rewards for Everyday Activities
http://www.lydian-lion.com
boranes

Activity: 644
Merit: 253

Change Your Worlds Build a New Era!

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 05:51:49 PM

No, I don't trust any of these rating sites, some of them are useful if they perform kyc, like ico bench is doing, but that is it. I don't know how they rate projects and I have seen some projects with high rating turned out to be scam, so probably some ico rating sites are taking money for ratings.

░░░░░▄██░██░██▄        ████████████████▄     ███▄░░░░░░░▄███
░░░▄███▀░██░▀███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████     ▀████░░░░░████▀
░▄███▀░░░██░░░▀███▄  ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███     ░▀████░░░████▀░
▄███▀░░░░██░░░░▀███▄ ░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███     ░░▀██▀░▄████▀░░
███▀░░░░░██░░░░░▀███ ░░░█████████████▀     ░░░▀░▄█████▀░░░
████░░░░░██░░░░░████ ░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀         ░░░▄███████▄░░░
▀████░░░░░░░░░░████▀ ░░░░░░░░░░░████         ░░▄████░████▄░░
░▀████░░░░░░░░████▀   ░░░░░░░░░░░░████       ░▄████░░░████▄░
░░░▀███▄░░░░▄███▀       ░░░░░░░░░░░░░████     ▄████░░░░░████▄
░░░░░  ██████▀           ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██     ███▀░░░░░░░▀███
The Future of Gaming Comission
FreeGames And Items Exchange
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: