Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:54:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849662 times)
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 12:23:54 AM

I was asked some good questions in the /r/cryptocurrency subreddit about my content creators advertisement for Myriadplatform.org. Just sharing with you my responses.

Why is this an opportunity for a writer?
It's an opportunity for anyone who has hung out with cryptocurrencies for a while and has felt the desire to get more involved but isn't sure how or where. They can have all the experience in the world or no experience at all, and it isn't limited to writing. It's any type of content and any walk of life.

The ideology behind Myriadcoin started off at launch as simply "A coin for everyone" that has matured over the months into an underlying sense of duty to distribute coins to the rest of the world better than Bitcoin, Litecoin, or any mono-proof-of-work coin can or will. The framework of innovation is focused down this path and will yield incredible things that I think is worthy of discussion, whether it's ideological, academic, or born from use cases.

Have you worked out a monetization strategy yet?
Nothing specific, but there's plenty of ways to go about this. Right now we are just opening ourselves up as a platform that is anchored in Myriadcoin and its ideology. I mainly want to see what the landscape is like for people waiting/wanting to contribute, how we can work together, what ideas other people have for working together, the experiences others might bring to the table in terms of payments, advertising, and connections, and so on.

It's a very "open, decentralized" feel because there might be new methods of monetization that we can get creative with. Granted, hosting and running a content platform is something I'm completely new at, but I'm confident that the skills I have being the head Myriad community organizer will make it a seemless project.
I want a balance between structure and flexibility. I want those who contribute to bounce ideas off of me. I want to grow and learn with them while helping most where I can and should. Put the idea into form, release it out to the world, and let's build this together. Decentralization.

Do you have any revenue to speak of?
The revenue would come from my pocket and the community's pocket initially. We've paid for a lot of things already so this would not be a problem. However, if the content is good we may attract sponsors or advertisers--so it's sort of a chicken and egg issue that can be resolved by just letting things evolve naturally. The Let's Talk Bitcoin! crew already showed interest in networking with a Myriad podcast and content platform if we get them up and running. This could be utilized in some way as the platform grows and gains attention.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 04:34:14 AM

The faucet has been updated with a vanity deposit address:

MFaucetnVJa6K8tasMpRwu5nqKgWEUjNkQ

http://cryptap.us/myr/faucet

Note that the old deposit address will still work. I've also slowed the payout rate to 0.01% of the balance to slow the depletion. Feel free to drop some coins in if you feel generous.

Regards,

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
neuroMode

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:50:36 AM

What do you guys think of Bryce Weiner and his promised contributions?
I'm beginning to think he's just a pump and dump artist, but maybe he'll pull through with liberdade.

Things take time. PolyMYR takes time.

If Bryce is a pump and dumper then he is doing it wrong by going to public events and conferences. Twitter posts don't tell the whole story.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
neuroMode

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:51:23 AM

New Merchant - Bitkee [Titanium Alloy Cold Storage Wallets (Cards, Keychains, and Dogtags)]

http://myriadplatform.org/bitkee-customizable-durable-physical-cold-storage-wallets/

neuroMode

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 05:54:07 AM

Follow up questions and my answers regarding Myriadplatform Content Creator Ad: http://myriadplatform.org/myriadplatform-org-content-platform-responses-couple-questions/

novag

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

novag

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 09:31:23 AM

New Merchant - Bitkee [Titanium Alloy Cold Storage Wallets (Cards, Keychains, and Dogtags)]

http://myriadplatform.org/bitkee-customizable-durable-physical-cold-storage-wallets/

Thanks!

Donate for the support of a new Martial arts Style - Aikivindo = Aikido + Wing-Chun (in Ukraine) 5168757318423326 PrivatBank.
http://aikivindo.com.ua
BTC:1DpRaQjdVmrkSopRV8p9RdwvBMWNA9faCS
neuroMode

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:14:24 AM

Quick and easy link for anyone to share with noobs: http://myriadplatform.org/myriadcoin-mining/

Explains how mining Myriad is different from Bitcoin and why it actually matters. Also included is the getting started guide put together mostly by materialdefender that I modified slightly.

birdonwheels5

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:01:57 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2014, 08:27:56 PM by birdonwheels5

Alright, so I left the node running all night with PERSIST set to true, and with the proper bootstrap addresses... But it still tells me that it's "downloading shares" when I try connecting my miner. I have a feeling that it's not downloading anything at all...

When I set PERSIST to false, I am able to have my own running node on my own p2pool network, but that's useless because I want to be connected with my peers.

I had this same problem when I was setting up a node for Kimocoin, but I had the person running the only node wipe the sharechain and then I was able to easily connect. I don't know if that's an option with the current circumstances, though. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I've been sifting through code and googling my brains out, and it's hard to find anything...

I guess I'll leave it for now, and I'll go and get to work on reviving the Scrypt network. Later I will need a person who is willing to help out by testing the three Githubs that I will be forking (scrypt, groestl, sha) to make sure that other nodes will be able to connect to my node and work as a pool. Please PM me if interested. And if you can, it would be very helpful if you could leave a node up permanently (say if its the algo you mine on... 0% fees for you!); it would be a great help!

Looking forward to Ahmed/someone sorting out the Groestl problem. Why it's not downloading the sharechain is beyond me.

MYR: MNYERWCHqrH1EkGNpF4T8o8dGB391A5jmm
DGB: DKqUZR8ajzo1vkXYWWx476wRyZ4La76WBy
neuroMode

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 07:08:12 PM

http://myriadplatform.org/myriadplatform-fund/

ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 09:46:40 PM

Alright, so I left the node running all night with PERSIST set to true, and with the proper bootstrap addresses... But it still tells me that it's "downloading shares" when I try connecting my miner. I have a feeling that it's not downloading anything at all...

When I set PERSIST to false, I am able to have my own running node on my own p2pool network, but that's useless because I want to be connected with my peers.

I had this same problem when I was setting up a node for Kimocoin, but I had the person running the only node wipe the sharechain and then I was able to easily connect. I don't know if that's an option with the current circumstances, though. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I've been sifting through code and googling my brains out, and it's hard to find anything...

I guess I'll leave it for now, and I'll go and get to work on reviving the Scrypt network. Later I will need a person who is willing to help out by testing the three Githubs that I will be forking (scrypt, groestl, sha) to make sure that other nodes will be able to connect to my node and work as a pool. Please PM me if interested. And if you can, it would be very helpful if you could leave a node up permanently (say if its the algo you mine on... 0% fees for you!); it would be a great help!

Looking forward to Ahmed/someone sorting out the Groestl problem. Why it's not downloading the sharechain is beyond me.

swap the bootstrap nodes with my pool url's

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
rav3n_pl
Legendary

Activity: 1361
Merit: 1003

Don`t panic! Organize!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2014, 10:21:52 PM

I`m not running scrypt MYR P2pool node, becuse noone mining on it for like month.
You can use my code https://github.com/Rav3nPL/p2pool-rav/tree/myria-scrypt
just add working scrypt nodes to bootstrap. First one have to be "persist=false" to start new share chain, another ones can be "persist=true" to be sure that they are connected to at least one node.

1Rav3nkMayCijuhzcYemMiPYsvcaiwHni  Bitcoin stuff on my OneDrive
My RPC CoinControl for any coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=929954
Some stuff on https://github.com/Rav3nPL/
birdonwheels5

View Profile
July 23, 2014, 11:49:26 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 01:30:21 AM by birdonwheels5

I have done this multiple times, with and without other nodes, and with/without having persist enabled. When I have persist enabled, all that happens is that it loads 0 shares, and ends up with 0 verified out of 2 total shares. Very frustrating... (Note: I wipe the data folder every time I switch between persist true/false)

Is the P2P port 8889?

I`m not running scrypt MYR P2pool node, becuse noone mining on it for like month.
just add working scrypt nodes to bootstrap. First one have to be "persist=false" to start new share chain, another ones can be "persist=true" to be sure that they are connected to at least one node.

Alright, I'll use your code to get the network up. Mind if I fork it to keep all the node source code for all algorithms in one easy place? (Actually, I should try to make one fork with all algorithms in it; under different networks like you have it. Just thought of that.)

iamphoenix

Activity: 244

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 01:49:15 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2014, 02:48:58 AM by iamphoenix

I have done this multiple times, with and without other nodes, and with/without having persist enabled. When I have persist enabled, all that happens is that it loads 0 shares, and ends up with 0 verified out of 2 total shares. Very frustrating... (Note: I wipe the data folder every time I switch between persist true/false)

Is the P2P port 8889?

Alright, I'll use your code to get the network up. Mind if I fork it to keep all the node source code for all algorithms in one easy place? (Actually, I should try to make one fork with all algorithms in it; under different networks like you have it. Just thought of that.)

after the next update people should start returning to mining scrypt as it will be much more fair with respect to adding 1000x hashingpower at once 1GHS to 1000GHS+ in scrypt via multipools..

* dynamic similar to digi-shield (diff moves up and down a little faster than currently),

* with decrease in coins minted  proportional to % difficulty increase on the same block. not the next one after.  (cumulative % decrease probably best way to go ie adding the -% per every block where difficulty increases until it lowers)

* + limit on # of blocks mined in a row (8bitcoders mention of 5).

im actually very concerned as im not sure this is and the reasons behind being understood as well as i once thought...

there is so more than multi-pools selling off coins at 10x faster rate than usual block time that is on the table here.

hopefully ive clarified it somewhat here, and this can be expanded upon / improved without my input.
..i think im going to make a reddit post to clarify this then it can continue on

Get Daily Free SIGNs before too late. T6ZzzGAkxmSQDmeNUZPBf3pbD2ogiC2DDf

Myriadplatform.org
rh1n0

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 06:32:18 PM

Wow, my hashrate doubled after updating to the newest CCminer.  Is there a difference between the groestl algorithm and myriad-groestl algorithm? I want to setup a MYR-gr pool but don't know how to configure it. Please help
birdonwheels5

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 08:28:24 PM

Wow, my hashrate doubled after updating to the newest CCminer.  Is there a difference between the groestl algorithm and myriad-groestl algorithm? I want to setup a MYR-gr pool but don't know how to configure it. Please help

P2pool or traditional pool?

And can you give some stats on your hardware/hashrates? If it's really a huge jump it might justify me switching to groestl myself

And yes, the Myr-Groestl is a little different than the regular Groestl algorithm (Not exactly sure what makes them different though).

xfelinho

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:54:00 PM

myr-groestl is groestl + sha256, groestl is groestl groestl
sha256  takes nearls no time, thats why myr-groestl hashrate is 2x groestl hashrate

keep in mind that the faster groestl alsi means higher power consumption
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:29:20 PM

myr-groestl is groestl + sha256, groestl is groestl groestl
sha256  takes nearls no time, thats why myr-groestl hashrate is 2x groestl hashrate

keep in mind that the faster groestl alsi means higher power consumption

what is the most efficient algorithm to mine on GPU ... qubit ?
HR
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1011

Transparency & Integrity

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:23:55 PM

what is the most efficient algorithm to mine on GPU ... qubit ?

http://www.whattomine.com/

neuroMode

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:33:36 PM

Hey all, I just wanted to introduce the official MyriadPlatform Fund Wallet that you now have the option to donate to.

There is no immediate or urgent need for funding. MyriadPlatform.org could exist just fine without it. Rather, this is something that I hope we could build together as a community and decide some creative ways to spend it well.

Donate at your leisure:

MMGZD6M6CrRhGtUe4EynbvMr7qe9xsg2Be

140,203 MYR donated to date.

neuroMode

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:14:04 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/2bqxb7/myriadplatformorg_fund_community_suggestions_for/

Hello everybody!

You probably noticed the advertising of the Myriadplatform.org fund.

I would like to open the floor up for discussions on what to do with the funds. It's much better to have community input than to think I personally know what's the best way to allocate the funds.

Let's be creative! GO!

(Fund information here: http://myriadplatform.org/myriadplatform-fund/)

Pages: « 1 ... 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 [281] 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: