Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:30:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849662 times)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:45:41 PM

1st Multi-Proof-of-Work

a notable coin...

estimated MYR supply over the next 10 years?

the information is needed for http://alt19.com/19/cryptocurrency.php

thank you

Nice site. I think that by 10 years the coin should be about mined out with 2B total coins.

thank you

does MYR have ACP? Or normal checkpoints?
merged mining?

I'm

I think normal checkpoints: https://github.com/myriadcoin/myriadcoin/blob/master/src/checkpoints.h

It is merge-mined on two of the five algos (sha and scrypt), while the other three are not auxpow (qubit, skein, and myr-groestl).
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myriadcoin

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 09:52:47 AM

It's not just about poorly or evenly distributed - it's about fairly distributed. Digibyte has/had a premine, Myriad did not. Digibyte apparently aggressively cut its emission schedule, although when I asked about it on their thread I was basically ignored and it seems non-trivial to dig up info on it; Myriad also reduced it's emission by a factor of 2x, a move that I wasn't really a fan of, but did so at a later point in its life, and I'm going to assume less aggressively than DGB.

Well, in the case of Myriad, it wasn't done to advantage early miners. The network seemed to make a mind of its own that 1 minute target block time was more suitable. The average block time was never getting close to its target. It had been gradually increasing from the target of 30s to an average of 50s+. This had been going on for many months. The reason was that sha256d and scrypt were being hit hard by profit switching miners. The algos generally had low hash rates, and large miners were mining up many blocks in a short time whenever the difficulty got low enough, then switching. Often blocks wouldn't get found on those algorithms for days due to the high difficulty and low hash rate. Obviously this posed a huge security threat, as well as being unfair for miners. The solution was to switch to auxpow on sha and scrypt. Then blocks started getting consistently found. Also there was a bit of a problem with Groestl finding blocks, too, which was fixed with the new chain selection algorithm.

Had the target block time not increased to 1m per algo, the new hard fork would have seen a sudden increase in emission by possibly 60%.  

Basically, the emission didn't get reduced by a factor of 2x. It was more like 1.25x, and at the rate things were going, the average block time could have been headed towards 1m without the hardfork anyway, which would have been very bad news. In the very exceptional case of Myriad, increasing the target block time was actually the fairest option.

I think this speaks to the level-headedness of Myriad developers, who, by the way, are not a foundation or company or any sort of organisation. They are a loose collective of people who have taken an interest in Myriad along the way. This grassroots nature sets Myriad apart from the vast majority of other coins, and is why I think Myriad will stand the test of time. Other coins will die with the company spearheading them, but the small Myriad community will grow and continue to live on. If you've been watching http://myriad.nutty.one , you can see that Myriad appears to be growing. The peer wallet count averages in the 60s lately. Before the hard fork, it was usually in the 40s. Also note that there has been an increase in the average hash rate on the GPU algorithms by a factor of almost 2x. In spite of the fact that emission for those algorithms has halved!

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
http://myriadcoin.org
NOT the Myriad developer. Just a fan.
ph4nt0m

Activity: 591
Merit: 501

Scavenger of Crypto Sorrow

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:50:25 PM

It's a bit sad to see MYR doing so bad in market cap while DGB with essentially the same algos doing so good. MYR was traded at hundreds of sats initially and declined to single digits now. Any plans to improve market acceptance?
myriadcoin

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:06:00 PM

It's a bit sad to see MYR doing so bad in market cap while DGB with essentially the same algos doing so good. MYR was traded at hundreds of sats initially and declined to single digits now. Any plans to improve market acceptance?

No, and that's the problem Myriad has had all along. The community is extremely reluctant to 'pump' the coin. The reality is, the best way to advertise an altcoin is still in the Announcements (Altcoins) second of bitcointalk. If people only post when it's absolutely necessary, this thread never gets bumped. Everyone sees Digibyte on the first page non-stop because its developers and their sock puppets post all day. Most people have heard of Digibyte, but not Myriad, and assume Digibyte is the original.

We can fix this by having discussions... That doesn't mean talking shit, but it does mean we can lower the bar a bit. There's a lot worthy of discussion that never gets discussed here.

For one thing, does anyone have any information about Digibyte's emission? Don't say it's irrelevant please, because it is useful for marketing Myriad.

Myriad: the ORIGINAL and fairest distribution 5 algo coin, which I did not develop.
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 10:23:44 PM

No, and that's the problem Myriad has had all along. The community is extremely reluctant to 'pump' the coin. The reality is, the best way to advertise an altcoin is still in the Announcements (Altcoins) second of bitcointalk. If people only post when it's absolutely necessary, this thread never gets bumped. Everyone sees Digibyte on the first page non-stop because its developers and their sock puppets post all day. Most people have heard of Digibyte, but not Myriad, and assume Digibyte is the original.

We can fix this by having discussions... That doesn't mean talking shit, but it does mean we can lower the bar a bit. There's a lot worthy of discussion that never gets discussed here.

For one thing, does anyone have any information about Digibyte's emission? Don't say it's irrelevant please, because it is useful for marketing Myriad.

I think it would be best to talk about other coins in their forums. Personally, I'd rather see more Myriad trolls Wink

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
myriadcoin

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 10:39:26 PM

I think it would be best to talk about other coins in their forums.

Any discussion is better than no discussion. We gotta get the ball rolling somehow.... I think a great way to advertise would be to publish a chart showing DigiByte's emission overlayed with Myriad's.

jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:26:22 AM

Any discussion is better than no discussion. We gotta get the ball rolling somehow.... I think a great way to advertise would be to publish a chart showing DigiByte's emission overlayed with Myriad's.

Yes. The big difference between myraid and dgb isnt the dev but that Jared and the team isn't anon like 8bitcoder and Jared managed to get 250k usd investment. Jared is also accountable if something goes wrong. Who is 8bitcoder ?

8bitcoder didn't code the last hardfork to add auxpow to sha and scrypt, change diff retarget, and stretch emission; it was done by nzsquirrell. It was eventually added to original repo by 8bitcoder, but we're not necessarily counting on a single anonymous individual.
24hralttrade

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Community Liaison,How can i help you?

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 12:13:32 PM

Hi sir, Do you have any problems?

Want to see the Future of Retail omnichannel demo store powered by Digibyte & Tofugear teams?
Please feel free to contact me if you have anything to report or you have any questions.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:31:46 PM

Hi sir, Do you have any problems?

I got 99 problems but a coin ain't one.
Conqueror
Legendary

Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020

I was diagnosed with brain parasite

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:54:10 PM

Hi

What is current situation with this coin?
I am sorry for not following the development closely this year
(by that I mean not at all, but on the positive note I still hold some MYR)

Smiley
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 03:03:43 PM
Last edit: October 30, 2015, 03:15:12 PM by cryptapus

Yes. The big difference between myraid and dgb isnt the dev but that Jared and the team isn't anon like 8bitcoder and Jared managed to get 250k usd investment. Jared is also accountable if something goes wrong. Who is 8bitcoder ?

8bitcoder didn't code the last hardfork to add auxpow to sha and scrypt, change diff retarget, and stretch emission; it was done by nzsquirrell. It was eventually added to original repo by 8bitcoder, but we're not necessarily counting on a single anonymous individual.

Myraidcoin had the perfect opportunity to capitalize for being the first mutli-algo solution but the developers sat on their hands and did nothing aka were most likely working on 10 other coins (anonymous advantage). I warned people months ago on this announcement thread to switch to digibyte as they were moving forward with development and Jared being a excellent marketing person with 250k USD investor. Digibyte has stolen that first status from myraidcoin and it will be hard to get back.

Sigh... I don't think there has been nothing going on, quite the contrary as AUX-POW on two algos is not exactly nothing.... As stated earlier, other forums for other coins and all.. I take it as a complement that other coins want to copy Myriad, good luck with that.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:28:27 PM

"as AUX-POW on two algos is not exactly nothing"

YEAH BABY!

but srsly get myr listed on cryptopia ... pls.

===
"I got 99 problems but a coin ain't one."

but a bitch is sure one,
ALTS myr is like the very best fukin sees the big picture, coded a solution, released to the wildlings, shizznitz that is out there!

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 03:41:24 PM

"as AUX-POW on two algos is not exactly nothing"

YEAH BABY!

but srsly get myr listed on cryptopia ... pls.

===
"I got 99 problems but a coin ain't one."

but a bitch is sure one,
ALTS myr is like the very best fukin sees the big picture, coded a solution, released to the wildlings, shizznitz that is out there!

Just submitted a ticket, since it seems they have it on the voting list ( https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Home/Voting ) as myRAID, instead of Myriad.
myriadcoin

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 07:45:05 PM

https://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/comments/3qsdr9/myriad_needs_a_new_website_damn_it/

Discussion on Reddit about a new website. I'm liking the look of that picture! http://myriad.nutty.one/images/newweb.png

carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 09:07:11 PM

do you think Myr price is going back to 20sat one day in not to long ?

because i started mining in july , and then with that price and difficulty  it was enough to pay my r9 in 1 year
but now price get down and that is not the worst part , difficulty get higher on skein this 2 last weeks
i was hoping if price get down   miners move to over coins so difficulty get down  but it s not  Sad

end til now i found nothing els to mine with r9 ,  it s less that half the myr income even with myr at 14sat
ghostycc

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
October 31, 2015, 11:40:20 PM

This community should tell this guy to stop making Myriad  coin looking really bad.
He is not helping you at all.

This isnt professionnal or either positive for Myriad.
Good luck with him.

My understanding is that Myriad coin was improved from DigiBytes involvement, it was mutually beneficial for both coins but we have progressed so much further. As this person has openly admitted, they are not a Myriad developer and I'm sure 8bitcoder could have achieved an acknowledgement on the first page in this thread simply by asking for it directly. That is not what this is about. This is simply about getting some attention from people looking at our thread. Well, they are getting that but I doubt it is really the attention they are seeking because they certainly don't look ready for it and any further cooperation between our developers is looking less and less likely to happen now because of him. What's more this individual is well on the way to proving one of these coins is a scam coin and it isn't DigiByte!

Myriad hasn't taken anything from DigiByte. Citation needed. DigiByte copied Myriad's multi-algo design, and Myriad released a fix for the timewarp, as well as a fix for the work computing function, before DigiByte did. The fact is, Myriad keeps its security more up to date than DigiByte. The only way DigiByte has progressed further, is through its marketing. And its market cap, which is partly due to the fact that it is premined and instamined.

How can Myriad possibly be a scam? It is a community-run coin, it is not spearheaded by any company. There is no premine, and no instamine. It is impossible for Myriad to be a scam. DigiByte, however, is potentially a scam, and it's looking ever more likely... STILL I am being ignored. How will DigiSpeed solve the scalability issue in Bitcoin? How will you encourage enough people to run full nodes when your blockchain becomes incredibly bloated?

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 10:45:01 PM

First, I have been a fan of MYR since the beginning but I have issues with the throwing DGB under the bus.

Negativity breeds more negativity and TBH the allegations are ridiculous.

Jared and team have done a great job marketing and building a community and IMHO that separates the winners from the losers in the crypto game.

I still hold a nice bag of MYR but because of aforementioned better moves I hold 5X as many DGB.

I still support MYR but would like to see a higher level of professionalism in this thread from those that represent MYR and some real effort on getting the word out.

thanks,
john
nzsquirrell

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 04:41:32 AM
Last edit: November 02, 2015, 06:54:46 AM by nzsquirrell

First, I have been a fan of MYR since the beginning but I have issues with the throwing DGB under the bus.

Negativity breeds more negativity and TBH the allegations are ridiculous.

Jared and team have done a great job marketing and building a community and IMHO that separates the winners from the losers in the crypto game.

I still hold a nice bag of MYR but because of aforementioned better moves I hold 5X as many DGB.

I still support MYR but would like to see a higher level of professionalism in this thread from those that represent MYR and some real effort on getting the word out.

thanks,
john

I think I can speak here with some authority on Myriad. I agree on your comments regarding negativity, and there is no need for that. The person who has called themselves "myriadcoin" here does not represent Myriad, the team working on Myriad, nor the Myriad community in general.

I would appreciate it if this "myriadcoin" person would please either desist from posting here using that nickname (preferable), or modify his profile to clearly identify that he does not represent the coin.

DGB and MYR can and will continue to co-exist, we share a common background and common technology, and can both benefit from each others existence.
ghostycc

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 09:57:48 AM

I think I can speak here with some authority on Myriad. I agree on your comments regarding negativity, and there is no need for that. The person who has called themselves "myriadcoin" here does not represent Myriad, the team working on Myriad, nor the Myriad community in general.

I would appreciate it if this "myriadcoin" person would please either desist from posting here using that nickname (preferable), or modify his profile to clearly identify that he does not represent the coin.

DGB and MYR can and will continue to co-exist, we share a common background and common technology, and can both benefit from each others existence.

Really good to hear.
Thank for the answer.

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
maincoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:00:32 AM

Any updates anytime soon?
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: