Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:55:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMY] Myriad | Multi-Algo, Fair, Secure  (Read 849665 times)
CryptoGorilla

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2017, 08:28:48 PM
Last edit: December 26, 2017, 06:20:01 AM by CryptoGorilla

soon™ mcafee pump

please no, rather have some organic growth than unsubstantial pumps

Join the Oyster Revolution!
Oyster enables anonymous file storage and traffic monetization.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoGorilla

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 06:17:00 AM

Official Myriad-telegramgroup: https://t.me/Myriadcoinofficial

objectofawareness

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2017, 07:17:15 AM

objectofawareness

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 03:07:55 AM

A reminder that Myriad has a very active community.

Join us on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/myriadcoin/

From there you can find instructions on how to join IRC, Discord, Telegram, and Slack.

Come in and join the discussion!   Grin

CryptTech
Copper Member

Activity: 328
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 06:52:15 PM

Your coin is going to go to other exchanges?

AllCrypt.Tech - News Cryptocurrency | ✅ BattleHashes.Com - Multiplayer gambling on blockchain | Discussion Thread BH: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5188527.0
objectofawareness

View Profile
December 27, 2017, 09:00:37 PM

We are currently working on getting Myriad enlisted on several exchanges.
sprinkles

Activity: 397

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:20:31 AM

Nice increase over xmas. Now let's see another leg up!

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
CryptoGorilla

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2017, 04:49:02 AM

Try Kucoin, they are getting nice attention & are increasing in volume  Cheesy.

classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 10:14:40 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2017, 10:42:55 PM by classicsucks

I am long-time MYR(XMY) hodler and I just want to say that I am disappointed that the devs fell for the Segwit propaganda. It's unneeded code and likely to product plenty of bugs...

Anyway thanks for listening

What exactly is your issue with segwit? Be technical and specific.

Thanks for your reply. My issues with Segwit are actually not that technical, more practical. Most will agree that Segwit deployment on BTC was rammed down people's throats, and it hasn't done anything for scaling - BTC blocks are currently averaging 1.04MB. Only 10% of vendors are using the technology and it is looking more and more like a failure. Even the BTC Kore wallet doesn't support Segwit transactions from the GUI last I checked.

Segwit does adds a huge technical debt (6k lines of code), with no tangible improvement other than fixing malleability, which has never really been an issue (Gox used it as an excuse for their "hack").

I don't wish to ignite the scaling war here - clearly XMY has plenty of blockspace. However I do feel like the devs here might've fallen for the Blockstream/pro-Segwit propaganda.

Regardless, I'm still here and I still love the multi-algo coin design. Personally I believe that multi-algo coin design is the only way to have a truly ASIC-resistant coin, and this ensures that mining will not become centralized (which is a major problem in the entire crypto space). So big thanks to the community and especially the devs!

Well, basically every time we jump in version we end up with a lot more than 6k lines of code to dig through from upstream... That's always going to be an issue for a downstream project. Every time I try to understand technically what the issue with segwit is, I don't get a lot of technical arguments that I can understand as an actual issue, let alone one that I can agree with. At least yours has a line count Smiley Beyond the politics and the concern trolling it's hard to argue with the technical expertise from upstream IMHO.

Thanks for your reply!

I guess there is often a ton of code to merge but I believe Segwit was by far the most complicated change which has had basically zero impact on the scaling problems that are now becoming very serious with the fees going parabolic and effectively locking up to 50% of coin inputs. BTC is bleeding while Greg is drinking "champaign", I don't think I wish to follow this genius any further down the road he is building...

It looks like people are taking in interest based on market demand...

You've lost me now... these projects have no shortage of questionable people surrounding them, I think it's best to try to ignore all of that and focus on implementation. You've given a line count now and say it's complicated. Can you point to where in that 6k line count it's complicated? Where it's not addressed in unit-testing? I need technical specifics to understand. Segwit is actually a very small part of this v0.14 update, a tightening of consensus rules / not a hard fork, and it's an optional type of transaction to boot.

I agree that we don't need to worry about personalities. 6000 lines of dense code that changes consensus on a distributed network is complicated and risky by nature. I don't think we need to go line-by-line to agree on that? Unit testing is good in Bitcoin Core but what's the point of it for a useless change?

On top of this, Segwit requires an estimated of 100k lines of code changes in all of the utility code in the ecosystem (building and revalidating transactions in the new format, wallets, etc.). Here's a recent /r/btc post on the ongoing failure of Segwit due to its complexity and inability to do anything other than enable Blockstream's second layer solutions: https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7ly6m4/so_i_was_adding_segwit_support_to_my_wallet_i/

I'm sorry to see XMY/MYR get embroiled in this.
objectofawareness

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 12:00:06 AM
Last edit: December 29, 2017, 02:49:03 AM by objectofawareness

A new article on Myriad:

https://lgndmark.github.io/majorcryptocoin/page1.html

thanks to those at Coin boys for featuring Myriad Coin!

As a side note, I would like to mention that DigiByte, (just like all multi-algo coins) took it's multi-algo from Myriad.
cryptapus

Activity: 626
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 05:25:07 AM

I guess there is often a ton of code to merge but I believe Segwit was by far the most complicated change which has had basically zero impact on the scaling problems that are now becoming very serious with the fees going parabolic and effectively locking up to 50% of coin inputs. BTC is bleeding while Greg is drinking "champaign", I don't think I wish to follow this genius any further down the road he is building...

It looks like people are taking in interest based on market demand...

You've lost me now... these projects have no shortage of questionable people surrounding them, I think it's best to try to ignore all of that and focus on implementation. You've given a line count now and say it's complicated. Can you point to where in that 6k line count it's complicated? Where it's not addressed in unit-testing? I need technical specifics to understand. Segwit is actually a very small part of this v0.14 update, a tightening of consensus rules / not a hard fork, and it's an optional type of transaction to boot.

I agree that we don't need to worry about personalities. 6000 lines of dense code that changes consensus on a distributed network is complicated and risky by nature.
I have to correct one word here, and that's "changes". If it were to change consensus it would be a hard fork. This is a "tightening" of consensus. Older nodes still work fine, you don't have to use segwit transactions if you don't want to.
I don't think we need to go line-by-line to agree on that?
Actually, yes, that's exactly what I'm asking for. Where exactly in the core software is the concern? Line number, function, etc. I'm looking for specifics and not page after page of conjecture.
Unit testing is good in Bitcoin Core but what's the point of it for a useless change?
I don't see it as a useless change. I am intrigued by new capabilities like cross-chain swaps, rootstock-like applications, lightning (almost-instant payments) and MAST (especially the privacy that MAST could deliver). I think many folks probably didn't see the point in BIP16 at the time, but now we have multisig and it seems like second nature.

On top of this, Segwit requires an estimated of 100k lines of code changes in all of the utility code in the ecosystem (building and revalidating transactions in the new format, wallets, etc.).
Do you have a source for this? Why can't they just continue to use traditional transactions if they don't want to participate? Regardless, I can only focus on the core client right now so let's keep the conversation focused there I suppose.

Here's a recent /r/btc post on the ongoing failure of Segwit due to its complexity and inability to do anything other than enable Blockstream's second layer solutions: https://np.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/7ly6m4/so_i_was_adding_segwit_support_to_my_wallet_i/
I really don't see anything in that link that specifically points to a flaw in the core client beyond the client not being complete yet. Good code takes time and peer review. From what I've observed I'm confident in the upstream process (which is not just Blockstream by the way). Core is still beta software after all. I'd hate to see someone suggest that because the Myriadcoin reference implementation is still evolving it can't be useful or interesting.

I'm sorry to see XMY/MYR get embroiled in this.

website | PGP fingerprint: 692C 0756 E57D 2FA1 7601 3729 010B 717F 231C E7AA | BTC Address: 1CrYPTB1o7QWc8hXqBMP2LtAJh1VMtTFBh
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 09:45:35 AM

Myriadcash incoming in 5...4...3...2...
starskey

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 12:34:40 PM

Try Kucoin, they are getting nice attention & are increasing in volume  Cheesy.

Even COSS is up and coming.

cryptoGEEKS ----- Blockchain solutions ----- www.cryptogeeks.eu
browndog785

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:20:30 PM

Myriad is nice. The only downside is the absence of anonymous transactions like monero, verge, deeponion, electroneum.
I believe only coins with anonymous functionality will rise significantly in future.
browndog785

Activity: 60

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:22:26 PM

By the way do you guys know if there is somekind of lightweight online paper wallet available for Myriad?

Something like https://coinb.in/ for BTC.

So we can generate and broadcast transactions "manually".
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:27:59 PM

Myriad is nice. The only downside is the absence of anonymous transactions like monero, verge, deeponion, electroneum.
I believe only coins with anonymous functionality will rise significantly in future.

Verge doesn't have any private transaction technology - you can run any Bitcoin derivative over Tor and stealth addresses have existed for Bitcoin since 2013 or earlier. It's basically Myriadcoin but on a much older Bitcoin codebase.

Much better privacy features should be available by keeping up to date with Bitcoin code as mentioned above, using mast for bundling and on chain mixing, as well as sidechains that could use mimblewimble or other privacy technologies.
jwinterm
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 03:30:49 PM

By the way do you guys know if there is somekind of lightweight online paper wallet available for Myriad?

Something like https://coinb.in/ for BTC.

So we can generate and broadcast transactions "manually".

You can generate one here:
https://walletgenerator.net/#

And I think manually sign and broadcast txs.
CryptoGorilla

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2017, 10:33:21 PM

Slowly the Myriad-telegramchat is growing  Cool.

Official Myriad-telegramgroup: https://t.me/Myriadcoinofficial

j4y_naKomodo

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 05:07:34 AM

Hello Myriad community ---

Myriad is available for atomic swap trading on Komodo Platform's decentralized exchange, BarterDEX! Right NOW, peer2peer, on Mainnet with live orderbooks. Anyone can test it out if you'd like. We are taking privacy to new heights by keeping your funds and privkeys in YOUR HANDS! zK-SNARK coin Jumblr in YOUR HANDS! Liquidity of each coin is still building, but BarterDEX can pair your coin with any other of the 80+ coins on the exchange. If a team member, perhaps someone from marketing, would like to test out an atomic swap through our GUI, please send me a DM : ) We have a team availabe for walking leaders of featured coins through the Komodo ecosystem to teach you how your community can benefit from BarterDEX!

This is truly a community project - the keys are now in your hands! YOU can be a marketmaker for your coin, making it available to BarterDEX users around the globe 24/7. YOU can create an SPV electrum server, allowing BarterDEX users to manage and trade your coin without downloading the entire blockchain. We would be happy to assist you with setting these up. It would be nice to have your coin paired with KMD - then we could introduce it to the community as having liquidity in BarterDEX!

Welcome to the BarterDEX decentralized exchange!

Trade freely and safely,
Jay
CryptTech
Copper Member

Activity: 328
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 08:07:36 AM

Verge doesn't have any private transaction technology - you can run any Bitcoin derivative over Tor and stealth addresses have existed for Bitcoin since 2013 or earlier. It's basically Myriadcoin but on a much older Bitcoin codebase.

Much better privacy features should be available by keeping up to date with Bitcoin code as mentioned above, using mast for bundling and on chain mixing, as well as sidechains that could use mimblewimble or other privacy technologies.

I did not understand, it's an anonymous cryptocurrency or not?

AllCrypt.Tech - News Cryptocurrency | ✅ BattleHashes.Com - Multiplayer gambling on blockchain | Discussion Thread BH: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5188527.0
Pages: « 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 [403] 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 »
  Print  

Jump to: