Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:26:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: beautiful day outside  (Read 5501 times)
NGeo

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:16:54 PM

Dogecoin was the first professional scam coin spread over the long term.

+1 billion

Exactly. Others in this forum (including myself) have attempted since day 1 to educate the masses that this is a pure scamcoin. I mean seriously - 6.5% instamine in 3 days (12B coins!?!?). Who do you think profited from this? It was the huge GPU mining rigs, or worse new scrypt asics from China that mined the crap out of this coin. Then they shilled, pumped, and seems now to be dumping the coin making $ millions of dollars in the process. It's horrible how many newbs were sucked into this ultra-scam coin. The sad thing is the same shills bash Quark or other coins saying these coins instamined. Quark had an instamine (if you want to call it that) over 3 months. Then the price dropped very low for 3+ months giving *anyone* the chance to buy. It was not even close to the scam that is dogecoin.  

I know some legitimate GPU miners also made some BTC off dogecoin, which is great, but they are few and far between.

I guess all of this is somewhat good news for BTC/alt. It means it has matured and professional scammers have come to town, but everyone *please* be careful with future altcoins. Look at the fundamentals, premine, instamine, etc... before you start purchasing this $rap. If you don't you will be burned.

Nice arguments made there. Legit and valid... If u say dogecoin is scamcoin then with that logic all the cryptocoins are scamcoins excluding btc (maybe). And i am sure that you always speak fancy of you favourite coin (dont know what u are mining or have u bought) until u sell all of ur holding and start flaming again. Why dont u let ppl fall into the trap then? Are u jezus who will save the ppl from buyin dogecoin? Why bother posting for a crapcoin?

I personally know that all these up to now are scamcoins but time will tell. I ve found the one and only coin that will have some meaning in the future, but i wont share it with you. (ofc its not btc-ltc-doge)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tenchi

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 06:17:31 PM

So every coin I put let's say my 100MH/s or more rigs at, is a scamcoin in your eyes?

now you can also rent mining rigs for cheap, I know a lot of people who rent over 200 MH/sec for just 24 hours, to mine the shit out of a newly released coin.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:21:05 PM

So every coin I put let's say my 100MH/s or more rigs at, is a scamcoin in your eyes?

now you can also rent mining rigs for cheap, I know a lot of people who rent over 200 MH/sec for just 24 hours, to mine the shit out of a newly released coin.

If the coin is setup for a huge instamine over a couple days - yes.
papasmurf

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 06:25:34 PM

Nobody really cares I'm afraid.... why would they. The devs used a method to support the launch of their coin, and probably worked very hard doing it, and it worked, good for them I say.
ihavenousername

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:29:22 PM

Anyone who is involved with web-design, is aware of the tactics
of making a forum appear busier than it actually is.

Why make a forum look busier than it really is?
Because people tend not to join or post on forums that are not that busy,
that is why.

How do web-designers make forums look busy when they are not busy?
Web-designers can create their own posts under many alt-names, in
order to create the illusion of having more activity on a new forum.
Or, if they have the money to spend, they can hire paid-posters
to fill the forum with even more posts that way.

And once the forum is looking busier, then the web-surfers are much more
likely to join up and start posting themselves.

It works. That is the truth. It is deceitful(lies), but it does work.

That is likely what dogecoin did. They used paid posters and lots of them,
in order to create the illusion of being a popular coin when in fact,
most people had already rejected dogecoin because of the lousy name.

Dogs buy a dogs coin, and dogecoin is based on lies from the time it first started.
The paid posters even started to lie and say that dogecoin went viral, when
in fact, it was the mass-spam paid posters who kept on posting and being paid,
who went and spread the dog-gospel of dogecoin.

As investors though, you have the choice, of whether or not you will be fooled
or deceived by these tactics or not.

The title of your thread suggests some factual information behind your post but the actual post itself is just riddled with wild assumptions.

I have to say though its quite amusing reading through these threads "dogs buy a dog coin???" really? Doge is the devil incarnate etc  Roll Eyes Grin Cheesy

Also to the people saying crapcoin/scamcoin with no use to it, can you tell me another coin which in its infancy (in comparison to a lot of other coins) had so many services available? Can you name many other coins which are actually putting the crypto to good use (Doge4Kids) rather than just to harm the crypto community and just profit the coin maker & the early adopters? Are the people who made the coin, posted tens of thousands of posts across 100s of boards, mined the coin on launch with supercomputers also responsible for dogecoin having over 5million results on google too? Cos thats mighty impressive.

WompRat

Activity: 232

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:44:26 PM

Doge hate is a bit silly given that they are doing more than any other altcoin to increase crypto adoption and introducing people to mining.  There are over 690,000 Dogecoin wallets with money compared with just 19,000 Peercoin wallets.

I will agree that it is sad that just 15 addresses hold 49% of all the dogecoins, but all the big coins have piss poor distribution.  26 addresses hold 51% of all quarkcoins and just 271 hold 75%.  Better distribution will probably have to be a key feature of a more successful coin.  

peterlustig

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:48:24 PM

Haters gonna hate.

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:17:27 PM

Call me old fashioned, but who the fuck cares?

There is soo much bullshit here an army couldn't sort through it all.

Scammers are gonna scam

n00bs are gonna be n00bs

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:00:16 PM

Hmmm interesting.
I was there when it first started. I must be one of those paid posters.

It's honestly such a stupid idea to do what they did (IF they did).
Paying many people to post and hype would cost so much that if it failed, you're totally screwed.
Free economy. Inform people and let them decide for themselves.

It was done in secret. Are you denying that dogecoin had mass-spam paid posters working for them, and may still have paid posters working for them? Make some logical sense here. Its a dog coin.

As a dog coin, it should be trading somewhere with shitcoin or other garbage coins in price, but due to the fact
that it isn't, therefore we have to try and figure out this coin...

Its definitely NOT as it says it is, that is for sure. Misrepresentation. LIES.

.... Dogecoin was made by reddit users.. Who have more users than bitcoin. A mass community supporting a coin based off a community meme and you think it won't be more popular than the Altcoin posted here? It already had a userbase before it was known about. It would be like if the admins of this site made bitcointalk coin and advertised it all over the forums..
Predseda4D

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:12:22 PM

+1 billion

Exactly. Others in this forum (including myself) have attempted since day 1 to educate the masses that this is a pure scamcoin. I mean seriously - 6.5% instamine in 3 days (12B coins!?!?). Who do you think profited from this? It was the huge GPU mining rigs, or worse new scrypt asics from China that mined the crap out of this coin. Then they shilled, pumped, and seems now to be dumping the coin making $ millions of dollars in the process. It's horrible how many newbs were sucked into this ultra-scam coin. The sad thing is the same shills bash Quark or other coins saying these coins instamined. Quark had an instamine (if you want to call it that) over 3 months. Then the price dropped very low for 3+ months giving *anyone* the chance to buy. It was not even close to the scam that is dogecoin.  

I know some legitimate GPU miners also made some BTC off dogecoin, which is great, but they are few and far between.

I guess all of this is somewhat good news for BTC/alt. It means it has matured and professional scammers have come to town, but everyone *please* be careful with future altcoins. Look at the fundamentals, premine, instamine, etc... before you start purchasing this $rap. If you don't you will be burned.

STOP SPREADING FUD!!!

There was not instamine 12B coins in 3 days !!! Everybody even you can go and check this in blockchain.  Roll Eyes It was about 2.5B coins in 3 days. There was not instamine.

You are really retarded!!!  Shocked
achillez

Activity: 874

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:13:44 PM

+1 billion

STOP SPREADING FUD!!!

There was not instamine 12B coins in 3 days !!! Everybody even you can go and check this in blockchain.  Roll Eyes It was about 2.5B coins in 3 days. There was not instamine.

FUD? This was communicated in multiple bitcoin threads that it was 6.5%, 12Billion coins in 3 days. Supposedly multiple sources also confirmed this. I have not checked the blockchain but given the multiple discussions it seemed legit. Have you checked and verified the blockchain?? Would like to see proof before you go off calling FUD.  Anyways, even if it is not 12B, 2.5B is still a huge number.
Predseda4D

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:26:40 PM

+1 billion

STOP SPREADING FUD!!!

FUD? This was communicated in multiple bitcoin threads that it was 6.5%, 12Billion coins in 3 days. Supposedly multiple sources also confirmed this. I have not checked the blockchain but given the multiple discussions it seemed legit. Have you checked and verified the blockchain?? Would like to see proof before you go off calling FUD.  Anyways, even if it is not 12B, 2.5B is still a huge number.
Yes, I checked it.  Tongue
Proof is in blockchain. Dont you understand that?!?!?

2.5B is not huge number if you know that in first 66 days was mined about 50B coins.  Wink

And it is really funny that because this FUD was communicated in multiple threads than it is true.  Roll Eyes Shocked Huh
brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:43:36 PM

I agree with OP, its not like DOGE had any real backing like NYAN has millions of followers or FLAP has gazillion lovers who pay $1000 for a mini ipad with the game installed on it. I mean that kind of support would be a reason for DOGE to go up that high.

iPhone 5 sold for $3,500 just for flappy game:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iphone-5-16-gig-unlocked-FLAPPY-game-BIRD-24-HOUR-AUCTION-/291086658750?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item43c61decbe

What does DOGE have to how for? Meme?
Gushers

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:55:31 PM

dogecoin got popular on reddit that is why. its called advertising and haveing a niche that shittons of people like.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:58:47 PM

I agree with OP, its not like DOGE had any real backing like NYAN has millions of followers or FLAP has gazillion lovers who pay $1000 for a mini ipad with the game installed on it. I mean that kind of support would be a reason for DOGE to go up that high.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Iphone-5-16-gig-unlocked-FLAPPY-game-BIRD-24-HOUR-AUCTION-/291086658750?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item43c61decbe

Bitcoin could learn from Dpge What TiVo learned the hard way -- nobody cares about a brilliant idea or revolutionary technology if it's marketed in a way that doesn't appeal.  

Linux and Android advocates need to understand that this is why Windows and iOs can and will continue to dominate consumer space.
TheBeardedMann

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:03:49 PM

Linux and Android advocates need to understand that this is why Windows and iOs can and will continue to dominate consumer space.

iOS is hardly dominating.

But to the post, who cares?  Is the guy who sold a pet rock a scammer?  No, he sold a pet rock, it's in the name.  Just like Doge, it's in the name, it's a meme.  You shouldn't take more than that into it.  And who cares if it was 99% premined.  Coins only have value if someone pays for it.  I once paid $50 for $15 Weezer tickets, cause that was the value to me.  I wasn't being scammed.  A scam is when you get something other than what you paid for.
brooklynite

Activity: 266

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:20:48 PM

Bitcoin could learn from Dpge What TiVo learned the hard way -- nobody cares about a brilliant idea or revolutionary technology if it's marketed in a way that doesn't appeal. 

Linux is pretty useless outside of certain specific server applications. I even used it on my RIG for a month and that was a full month of frustration uintil I discovered Windows 8.1. OOOOF what a relief.

Android is there to only serve one purpose and that is Google's ad revenue. Most of its useful parts are slowly being removed like the USB mounting, WIFI tether, File explorer, while its browser quality just gets worse year over year with no improvement. It's still lacking basic stuff like copy and paste and "browse" to attach a file. After 5 years of "waiting for Android to get better" my next phone is iPhone 6 (if it has 5" screen) or Windows 8.1.

kernels10

Activity: 408

ded

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:22:12 PM

This. Is. Moooooon! (eventually)

Doge just got distracted by something. Doge must focus. Such A.D.D  Wink wow
drippx

Activity: 539

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:28:31 PM

Anyone who is involved with web-design, is aware of the tactics
of making a forum appear busier than it actually is.

Why make a forum look busier than it really is?
Because people tend not to join or post on forums that are not that busy,
that is why.

How do web-designers make forums look busy when they are not busy?
Web-designers can create their own posts under many alt-names, in
order to create the illusion of having more activity on a new forum.
Or, if they have the money to spend, they can hire paid-posters
to fill the forum with even more posts that way.

And once the forum is looking busier, then the web-surfers are much more
likely to join up and start posting themselves.

It works. That is the truth. It is deceitful(lies), but it does work.

That is likely what dogecoin did. They used paid posters and lots of them,
in order to create the illusion of being a popular coin when in fact,
most people had already rejected dogecoin because of the lousy name.

Dogs buy a dogs coin, and dogecoin is based on lies from the time it first started.
The paid posters even started to lie and say that dogecoin went viral, when
in fact, it was the mass-spam paid posters who kept on posting and being paid,
who went and spread the dog-gospel of dogecoin.

As investors though, you have the choice, of whether or not you will be fooled
or deceived by these tactics or not.

Who cares? So what if they actually added a few posters to make it look popular at first? Using your brains shouldnt be a bad thing. Any alt coin can be a scam coin this just so happens to be the strongest of them all
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:58:41 PM

Hmmm interesting.
I was there when it first started. I must be one of those paid posters.

It's honestly such a stupid idea to do what they did (IF they did).
Paying many people to post and hype would cost so much that if it failed, you're totally screwed.
Free economy. Inform people and let them decide for themselves.

I subscribed as number 16. Cheesy

Stresstested the tipbot that mohland made and was having a lot of fun (I love reddit from before dogecoin).

I am now here to apparently collect my payment for turning it into one of the biggest subs. Tongue
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: