Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:04:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What factors can cause major fluctuations of Ethereum price?  (Read 277 times)
blacknight789

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:27:56 PM

when a coin price falls there are many reasons have their effect on them; just like that it also fall several side effects on the market as well so this market impatient situation will definitely influence the market and coins rate
cryptolovers990

Activity: 97

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:20:53 PM

Ethereum is widely used and profitable. I think people's demand is more effective in increasing its price. As long as it goes; there will be faith. As a result; anytime the price can be raised.
Caelanpelley

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 10:27:17 PM

In my opinion, the volatility of bitcoin prices is due to the psychology of investors in the market. That is quite a lot of people believe ETH buy the price will increase. Conversely, they are afraid of losing money and find that something is not satisfied with the ETH they will not invest, it will stand still and the price drops.
CryptoRaymond

Activity: 142
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 06:30:42 AM

Ethereum fluctuated due to the sole back fall of supply to demand on the market. And since; all the coins are affected by the change of price of BTC; they are all interlinked. Due to this; alot of users and investors has actually shift their choices to converting coins to BTC; from ETH or others. This might help to bring back the equilibrium of ETH as well soon.
GoldOrBTC

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:39:47 AM

I think this will affect its price if ETH meets with hard fork based on this was happened in before also so if the demand will fall their price will be affected.
TupMan007

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:05:39 AM

The cryptocurrency market is always unstable. I think that one of the reasons working behind the fluctuations of price of ethereum is ICOs. ICO has improved and progress many folds by the year 2017. Another important reason could be the general panic of public regarding cryptocurrency. This might be the bigger reason behind the fluctuations of price of ethereum.
Desscount

Activity: 1386
Merit: 101

ComboLabs

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:13:46 AM

What factors can cause major fluctuations of Ethereum price? and how it will impact other ethereum blockchain based tokens/coins?

in my opinion, it is bitcoin that will affect every price of growth values ​​in other crypto, including ethereum. we know ethereum has advanced technology and is always used as an ico investment. but the fact is that bitcoin is the one that binds the market. that's why all crypto is always connected with bitcoin.

Cryptoryna

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:29:10 AM

Most of ICOs collect ETH, so they will eventually have to sell it. On the other hand when good ICO arises on the horizon people buy ETH to invest in it. I believe this is the main reason of price fluctuation.
ClaytonLWils

Activity: 123

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:45:26 AM

If ETH gets hard forked; there is a high chance that the price will be affected like it has happened once before; last year. Apart from that; if the demand of it falls; this could hamper the price as well as the ERC20 tokens.

◆ Dove | P-To-P Internet Sharing Network  (http://dove.network/)
Internet for anyone
pinot95

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:47:24 AM

I think that the market influences the price (as to people holding Ether, who are not participating in the market). Still the "market", and/or community bases price on many factors. IMHO, for the price to go up and stay up, a real benefit from using software running on Ethereum will need to be realized. If people cannot derive real benefit from using Ethereum, the price will fall. I imagine that investors will gradually continue to buy into Ethereum, play with the software, and increasingly seek out new DAO's/business models to grow the Ethereum ecosystem and thus increasing the price once again

These maybe the effect of some amateur investors who want to make quick profits. Once the price starts falling, these investors tend to panic sell. The combination of market manipulation and panic selling may be a reason behind the current price fall. One might argue that the market is going through its long term growth correction, but there is a chance it could be in for a deeper fall. The market could swing either way.
konomi

Activity: 112
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:52:51 AM

The large fluctuations in Bitcoin can directly affect Ethereum and all coins. I am not optimistic about Ethereum because it has created many worthless coins.

Data✘chain | Blockchain Based Decentralized Data Trade Service
http://dataxchain.org/ico/main/
ShamoKe

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:17:12 AM

Fluctuations in ETH can be caused for many reasons. The major reasons can be- manipulation or speculative activity in the price; scandals on the currency; increasing or decreasing supply and demand. Also the govt. regulations can have major impact on the fluctuations. When there will be fluctuations in ETH price; other ETH block based coins price may rise or may fall!

I do not agree with you. I think the reason for the decline of Ethereum is that Ethereum was abused. Although it is very convenient to use, the use of Ethereum exceeded expectations, so I think Ethereum will not be very good next year.
Froby

Activity: 33

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 09:43:03 AM

Actually the price of the crypto currency in this market is determined by the supply and demand mainly. Moreover reputation has also have effect on this. I think good reputation and demand can affect the price of the ethereum positively
Agaventy

Activity: 218

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 10:38:05 AM

The entire process of the pump and dump will have a major affect on the ETH price level. Plus if people sells them of in exchange for other coins; that will cause a serious fall for the coin.
croptodic

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 11:48:14 AM

Ethereum price goes ups and falls according to several factors associated with the market as the market price is very volatile; we know. I think its mostly because of over panicking; market manipulations; regulations; supply and demand; ETH harmony etc. Market value facts. It is started to impact other coins and ICOs related to Ethereum blockchains as the factors are related to their interrelations; I assume.
joeyarg

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:07:29 PM

I think that the market influences the price (as to people holding Ether, who are not participating in the market). Still the "market", and/or community bases price on many factors. IMHO, for the price to go up and stay up, a real benefit from using software running on Ethereum will need to be realized. If people cannot derive real benefit from using Ethereum, the price will fall. I imagine that investors will gradually continue to buy into Ethereum, play with the software, and increasingly seek out new DAO's/business models to grow the Ethereum ecosystem and thus increasing the price once again

In my belief, there are many factors  that can  affect the price of Ethereum. They are  laws and regulations, what the developers are doing, the performance of other cryptocurrencies.
simplelove

Activity: 170

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:21:43 PM

What factors can cause major fluctuations of Ethereum price? and how it will impact other ethereum blockchain based tokens/coins?

As far as I can understand cryptocurrencies are, basically, valued by supply and demand. If you log into a cryptocurrency exchange such as bittrex, you will see the bid and ask values for each currency.
mine2slow

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 04:52:47 PM

Ethereum  price fluctuation is a functionality of demand and supply curves,however I think it have not been stated clearly that Ethereum price fluctuation has been able to create impact on ERC20 based tokens unlike the bitcoin protocol.
In my opinion, the maim factors that influencr price of Ethereum are speculation, and liquidity. Currently, blockchain technologies is going through a period of rapid growth powered by incentives, and code.
lichnosam

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 06:25:28 PM

The main reason behind the fluctuations should always be the demand and supply of a coin. So far; it seems like Ethereum's supply is surpassing the current demand for ETH in market which is why the market is seeing such depressing situations. Moreover; it just reflects how much trust the users put on a coin to make it prevail in the market.
That's absolutely true that the price of any cryptocurrency, including Ethereum  depends primarily on supply and demand. If the demand is high and the supply is limited, then the price is high.
kalashnikovski

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 02:31:51 PM

If talking about specific factors about ETH than of course it were decisions with  argument  by Vitalia Bouteria. Also in time with ethereum blockchain we see a weak places.  It's have influence on the cost almost all  tokens which working on the ethereum blockchain.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: