Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:25:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My sweet and bitter experience about bitcoin  (Read 4616 times)
kendra1107

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:23:08 PM

I started my cryptocurrency journey around July 2017. I bought some altcoins;  verge; dodge, Xrp Siacoin on Bittrex and left some on bitcoin. It was a roller coaster for me around November to December 2017, particularly with verge, my crypo investment of just about $120 grew to a little bit over $3,000. I never new on time until I opened my bittrex. It was wao!

I took out some money since I was in need about $1000. With the euphoria of bitcoin suppasing $20,000, so I watched until my investment shrinked from about $2000 to $1500, then $1000, I decided to take out some little more until I had about $800 left.

That amount have shrinked further to about $450. The worst came when I took a third of the amount to buy Mithril coin when the news came that it won a vote to be listed on binance,  and suddenly it was disqualified,  and the price have falling like packs of cards, more than 50% right now.

Its a question of if I had known, I would have withdrawn the $3000 the moment I saw it on my bittrex account. Who can tell the future?

But I am wiser now.

Does anyone have similar experience
There is no question when it comes to need. You needed the money at the time and so you had to cash out some. There is nothing wrong with that. Plus, you have gained much from your initial investment! Which is actually an accomplishment if you'll think about it. You didn't lose anything. You were able to maximize your earnings according to your needs. That's a thumbs up for me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AXELNetwork

Activity: 153
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 10:24:38 PM

Unfortunately a lot of people seem to have a similar experience to yours, it's a learning experience and something that will make you a better investor in the long run.

Learn more about the AXEL project here: https://axel.network/
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:02:00 PM

I started my cryptocurrency journey around July 2017. I bought some altcoins;  verge; dodge, Xrp Siacoin on Bittrex and left some on bitcoin. It was a roller coaster for me around November to December 2017, particularly with verge, my crypo investment of just about $120 grew to a little bit over $3,000. I never new on time until I opened my bittrex. It was wao!

I took out some money since I was in need about $1000. With the euphoria of bitcoin suppasing $20,000, so I watched until my investment shrinked from about $2000 to $1500, then $1000, I decided to take out some little more until I had about $800 left.

That amount have shrinked further to about $450. The worst came when I took a third of the amount to buy Mithril coin when the news came that it won a vote to be listed on binance,  and suddenly it was disqualified,  and the price have falling like packs of cards, more than 50% right now.

Its a question of if I had known, I would have withdrawn the $3000 the moment I saw it on my bittrex account. Who can tell the future?

But I am wiser now.

Your experience is truly extraordinary. I can understand that you feel deep regret when you see your investment shrink to $ 450. But, you are still lucky because you can still benefit from all the money invested into several crypto. Different from my friend who felt the loss when he started investing in early December 2018 and until now he could only wait for the price to recover like when he started investing.
montgolfier

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:03:29 PM

I think that most of the people in here do not know how bitcoin works, adn they just want to make as much money as they can, many people in here are just investing without a proper knowledge
ngamuk tok

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:27:46 PM

Bitter experience was not surprising. I began to be interested in crypto currency at the most favorable moment. After I bought bitcoin, the market grew significantly Grin
congratulations on what you experienced, I'm glad to hear it.
I also experienced the same thing when I first entered the crypto world, but lately the market has been very bad.
and it's very difficult to get income like I did before.
I hope everything will get better soon.
Innocant

Activity: 1414
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:31:17 PM

Well ill have some sweet and bitter experience about bitcoins, The sweet is to have more bitcoins in my wallet and the bitter experience was to those the time ill sell my bitcoins too early the price of it was too low.
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:32:10 PM

I'm sure that many people on this forum have stories similar to this.

I've been involved in crypto since mid-2013 and have taken some good opportunities and missed so many more.

I was holding around 3000 LTC before selling them for a pittance last year, only to watch the ATH get smashed. I lost some funds on the BTC-e takedown last year, and recently lost around $15,000 on some poorly timed trades.

But I'm still way up on my investment, and the key thing is to take out what you invested (and then some) - then you can be satisfied to some degree.

It's just a constant redistribution of wealth - the recent winners got in early and held - and there is likely to be a new generation of winners in years to come.

Tubig

Activity: 212

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:44:13 PM

But I am wiser now.

I've never had this kind of experience, but my bitter experience was when I've got my part from the campaign I joined and I trade my tokens in a low price then after hours it got high, I just regret I trade early. It was my first time and just needed money.
burky156

Activity: 658
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:49:12 PM

There are many people who had terrible experiebce about bitcoin and altcoins. For example me! I wasn't aware about my private key and i bought 3 ETH for me and the website send it to my Etherwallet. Then i tried to send it to exchange but i didn't know my private key and my money has lost. I was sure that in someway i could handle this matter but then i learned that you can't brake the code in cryptos, too big..
vonnyaries

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 12:15:19 AM

wow from $120 into $3000? are you sure? you are very cool bro, i think to make that amount is hard because we should make a prediction about it and i think that we should have the stable emotions when the market is not stable

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████   PARTICIPATE NOW!
  █████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
██ █  Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
Batask

Activity: 146
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:38:47 AM

wow from $120 into $3000? are you sure? you are very cool bro, i think to make that amount is hard because we should make a prediction about it and i think that we should have the stable emotions when the market is not stable

My bitter experience in cryptocoins is that I almost loss all of ky money when it falls down, but I keep hodling it and trust the coins and now im on sweet experience because Iearn some profit.
lykakokelley123

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:01:08 AM

my sweet experience in this industry is to get good cash in just signing up in the airdrop and get real good cash that was my first time and i dont really believe that i gain that too much profit from that, in that experienced i work hard to participate in AD and bounty but that the problem in more project now a days because projects keep on coming in different social media where its hard to find good project that can give you a good profit in the future like what i experience before, and maybe that is my bitter experience this time   
Wallflower28

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:08:48 AM

Just charge it as an experience mate,  some days are good but there are also days that we have some losses, that a life here in cryptocurrency. And thats good because it teaches you to become wiser for the next situation to do.  Even if in any kind of way here crypto, in trading,  or in investment,it helps your past experience.
Definitely! Enjoy our moment and learned from our experience. That is life, we can't give an importance to our success if we don't experience difficulty. I believe that luck matters time and oppurtunity goes on with our destiny. It does not matter if you failed, as long you have try your best.

KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:19:26 AM

Well, one of my sweetest experience in Bitcoin is that when the price of the Bitcoin really goes to the moon when it reach 1million and I have a Bitcoin in my wallet. I was really a newbie that time and I really don't get the grasp of the air, in short I was starting to crawl how to adopt in the crypto world. I have gain lots of profits that time, and now, the market price of Bitcoin is still not that high compared to that time. But regarding the bitter experience, I don't have any and I wish not to have one.
kidd07

Activity: 149

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:22:20 AM

Just charge it as an experience mate,  some days are good but there are also days that we have some losses, that a life here in cryptocurrency. And thats good because it teaches you to become wiser for the next situation to do.  Even if in any kind of way here crypto, in trading,  or in investment,it helps your past experience.
Definitely! Enjoy our moment and learned from our experience. That is life, we can't give an importance to our success if we don't experience difficulty. I believe that luck matters time and oppurtunity goes on with our destiny. It does not matter if you failed, as long you have try your best.
My bitter experience in bitcoin was when i experienced scam bounty campaigns and waited for many months for nothing. It was so disappointing to think all the effort that turns to nothing, but it made me realized and accept the truth that not all happenings are success. That bad experience gives me motivation to make it better next time. Now i experiencing sweet life a comfortable life with bitcoin, i joined a successful bounty and they paid good amount. I was able to buy things which i hesitate to buy before.
airdrop21

Activity: 79

Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:25:55 AM

Haha. I do and I think a lot of people here have similar eperience too.
That is the first challenge being a holder: building discipline. When you decide to invest in something, dont check the price everyday, aim for longterm profit. So like 3 years, 5 years... You dont lose when you dont sell right? If you hold it for 3 years i believe your $3000 would become probably 10000. Thats 3x already.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2018, 02:28:35 AM

But I am wiser now.

I can relate with you OP. Way back December, I am holding a coin that is worth $2,000 and it is from airdrop! I became greedy and I waited because maybe the price would go up some more and then I watch it go down until now it is just worth $20. I am just disappointed I didn't cash it out during that time so for now, I am just waiting for it to go back up as the developers are still active. The market sentiment during this time is not that encouraging though.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
Mofazzal840

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:36:48 AM

Actually i had no experience in the history of bitcoin. but there was an experience with another crypto coin, I was unknown about btc.At present bitcoin demand is getting high up.Bitcoin is growning up day by day in the world.  Smiley Wink Smiley
asemene41

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:00:46 AM

waw I think you are a lucky person, buying coins when prices are still cheap and at the end of the year prices have increased many times. I also joined Crypto last year but didn't invest just playing Airdrop and that was quite the result for my life until now
amobi

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 09:44:21 AM

almost every crypto fan have one or two experiences that don't always appear favourable on crypto, that is the thing about life generally, ups and downs but we should never think of giving up rather we should always learn from what ever mistake we make.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: