Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:00:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: local infrastructure/mercahant services  (Read 516 times)
HairFairy (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:40:55 AM

As a new mining farm, it only makes sense to invest in those things that would make proliferation, use and regeneration grow, increasing the need for my services, and essentially creating the need for "Me" at a later time. So, I am looking for innovative ways to do this. I have integrated the following 3 plans into my business plan, anyone see flaws, missed opportunities, or potential problems with with them? Or is there another idea I may not have considered?

Reinvestment 1 - Local infrastructure

Donation to up to 150 business of up to 50 Gh/s for one year of hashing power to fund purchase of equipment/software needed to integrate BTC payment systems. Allows business owner to see how the currency is created, traded, and become a part of the system rather than trying to "sell" them on something. Launch date to coincide with joining and announcement of membership at local Chamber of Commerce. Overall Cost of program: approximately $1200 + elec, 12 months. Estimated (bitcoinx.com/profit) local investment $154,244.57.

I like the minimal expense to me, and effective financial impact in my community, but would something like this really work? Announcement locally is about 45 days away, so it's "Split or get off the pot" time.

Reinvestment 2 - Local ATM's

With the retail price under $2K (U.S.) It only makes sense to make the currency more readily available locally....how many ATM's per capita would be appropriate?

and

Reinvestment 3-  Merchant software/Hardware development

One of the reasons it helps that option 1 takes a year to fully mature, is the lack of a solid payment solution for brick and mortar existing business'. This can be a problem if some thing doesn't make headway soon, so ( and anyone that knows of a good open source program that would benefit, please post or message me) up to 20 BTC to help finance solution development.  From a technical standpoint, what criteria would I want to consider before approving of or awarding a benefit to anyone?

Thank you all in advance for your input, and I hope i'm posting this in the right place, if not, someone tell  me where to move it!

Shawyn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 12:50:42 PM

As a new mining farm, it only makes sense to invest in those things that would make proliferation, use and regeneration grow, increasing the need for my services, and essentially creating the need for "Me" at a later time. So, I am looking for innovative ways to do this. I have integrated the following 3 plans into my business plan, anyone see flaws, missed opportunities, or potential problems with with them? Or is there another idea I may not have considered?

Reinvestment 1 - Local infrastructure

Donation to up to 150 business of up to 50 Gh/s for one year of hashing power to fund purchase of equipment/software needed to integrate BTC payment systems. Allows business owner to see how the currency is created, traded, and become a part of the system rather than trying to "sell" them on something. Launch date to coincide with joining and announcement of membership at local Chamber of Commerce. Overall Cost of program: approximately $1200 + elec, 12 months. Estimated (bitcoinx.com/profit) local investment $154,244.57.

I like the minimal expense to me, and effective financial impact in my community, but would something like this really work? Announcement locally is about 45 days away, so it's "Split or get off the pot" time.

Reinvestment 2 - Local ATM's

With the retail price under $2K (U.S.) It only makes sense to make the currency more readily available locally....how many ATM's per capita would be appropriate?

and

Reinvestment 3-  Merchant software/Hardware development

One of the reasons it helps that option 1 takes a year to fully mature, is the lack of a solid payment solution for brick and mortar existing business'. This can be a problem if some thing doesn't make headway soon, so ( and anyone that knows of a good open source program that would benefit, please post or message me) up to 20 BTC to help finance solution development.  From a technical standpoint, what criteria would I want to consider before approving of or awarding a benefit to anyone?

Thank you all in advance for your input, and I hope i'm posting this in the right place, if not, someone tell  me where to move it!

Shawyn

HairFairy for president! Smiley
Whoho! Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: