Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 06:40:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Misleading title]URGENT NEWS - MtGox has shut down!  (Read 5911 times)
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 11:10:25 AM

MtGox has more lives than a cat.  They'll be back.  Unfortunately.
corsaro
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 01:50:08 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2014, 02:04:00 PM by corsaro

Mt gox is dead for a while. I think the damage is minimal.

yes, mtgox on Feb 7th stopped BTC withdrawals.
https://www.mtgox.com/press_release_20140207.html

They are now 17 days since BTC withdrawals are stopped and none at mtgox seems able to tell us when they will resume BTC withdrawals again.

17 days are a very long time to wait...  
dynodog

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:13:39 PM

If gox dies, is there anything holding back Bitcoin from shooting?

Right, because once gox dies, the new buyers and adopters of bitcoin are going think "yes, now that this one major exchange is done because it either defrauded customers or simply lost the bitcoin through negligence, let me wire a bunch of my money to slovenia or a couple of anonymous Russian guys......."

New buyers don't care if gox dies, what they will care very much about is if people were cheated out of bitcoin or money.  If a lot of people end up being cheated because of their involvement in a major bitcoin exchange, there will be no new adoption.   Bitcoin will stagnate for a long time, and may even end up being the fad people claimed it to be.  I hope that's wrong.  How gox plays out is going to be huge, in my opinion, as to bitcoin's future (for the next couple of years)
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:59:31 PM

where are all the sensitive people saying your title is misleading? lol
herpi

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:14:35 PM

Nothing new. At least a year ago I tried to sell via them for about 1000 euro . The money never arrived. No reactions on my mails.
Then I asked them to give the bitcoins back and I succeeded.

The absolut lack of communications gives the idea of a very un professional company. A one man business!

So on  t h e  c o n t r a r y : The disappearance of Mt Gox will be very good for Bitcoin!

SlidingHorn

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:25:38 PM

So on  t h e  c o n t r a r y : The disappearance of Mt Gox will be very good for Bitcoin!

For folks who have experienced poor dealings with them, sure, it will be a "good" thing that they no longer "have" to deal with Gox....

The problem is that Gox is one of largest BTC markets out there, and whether we like them or not, the outside world that we're trying to bring into the bitcoin fold is looking in seeing that this HUGE player is tanking and may have just lost millions of dollars worth of people's investments.  This casts a negative light on Bitcoin as a whole and will hinder mass adoption, if not destroy its possibility entirely.

herpi

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:52:10 PM

For folks who have experienced poor dealings with them, sure, it will be a "good" thing that they no longer "have" to deal with Gox....

The problem is that Gox is one of largest BTC markets out there, and whether we like them or not, the outside world that we're trying to bring into the bitcoin fold is looking in seeing that this HUGE player is tanking and may have just lost millions of dollars worth of people's investments.  This casts a negative light on Bitcoin as a whole and will hinder mass adoption, if not destroy its possibility entirely.

here in Western Europe ( Holland Germany) we alle work via bitcoin.de: Pick up the bitcoins you like and pay then to the seller.
The site keeps track if money/bitcoins have arrived. This is the real future I think.
bananas

Activity: 364
Merit: 257

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:01:21 PM

here in Western Europe ( Holland Germany) we alle work via bitcoin.de: Pick up the bitcoins you like and pay then to the seller.
The site keeps track if money/bitcoins have arrived. This is the real future I think.

Is it just like localbitcoins?
Blinken

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:18:12 PM

URGENT NEWS - Cosmofly sold at 140 and needs the price to go down so he can make his money back.

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
herpi

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 05:28:18 PM

Is it just like localbitcoins?

Try there site. You do not have any direct contact with seller/ buyer. You may however mail him/her but mostly no reason.

if you want to sell you bring your bitcoins to their site. They lock/block them if somebody buys them, till you confirm the payment.

www.bitcoin.de

Huib
dynodog

Activity: 97

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:46:40 PM

BINGO!!!!!!!!
Hans0

Activity: 91

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 08:51:37 PM

Could a mod please rename the thread? The title is misleading and it catches more attention than it should. Wouldn't "Has MtGox shut down?" have been enough?
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:02:46 PM

thread title is embarrassing
sam445

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:36:32 AM

thread title is embarrassing
I JUST FUC.... PANICKED AND I SOLD ALL MY COINS FOR NOTHING!!!!THX
Alphi

Activity: 798

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 05:12:20 AM

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
Squeaker

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 04:06:30 PM

<refresh>
<refresh>

I don't understand...

<refresh>
<refresh>

What's misleading about the title?

<refresh><refresh><refresh>

=squeak=

usabitcoinbuyer

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 04:10:56 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2014, 04:39:55 PM by usabitcoinbuyer

What's misleading about the title?

OP either had inside info or guessed right.  The OP was made 20 hours before the trading halt, and title was edited/tagged by the mods before Gox actually shut down.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: