Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:21:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Massive Cryptocurrency Botnet Scam Unearthed on Twitter  (Read 783 times)
elncrow

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2018, 12:49:34 PM

Scam is being as usual on crypto world. And that’s very bad bad for this crypto market many newbie loses their interest for this reason. So I think need some step to get rid of scams.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:07:28 PM

Hackers are very much active to cheat the bounty hunters / ICOs .  Millions of fake twitter accounts have been infiltrated.  All efforts being done by hackers to spam the official twitter accounts of crypto business and impersonating crypto personalities.  More than 15000 exclusive hacker's accounts were traced by the agency involved in research.

Following is the link based on study and research by "Duo Security".  They took help of Application programming Interface to catch hackers from 88 million twitter accounts.
https://cryptoslate.com/massive-cryptocurrency-botnet-scam-unearthed-on-twitter/

I'm very happy that these fake accounts are being rooted out, but if you're believing that there'll be no hacks, then you're being mistaken as I have personally seen people having 1000 accounts, and mind you these're not newbie accounts these're aged accounts and many of them have verification done.

I believe that people need to become smarter and not fall for such shady profiles, as buying followers is easy. People really need to do their due diligence, but no one likes to do it.

I would advise you to see if they have a blue tick or no, what is their engagement rate, is it bot comments i.e. same repeated comments, any one you know is following them and most importantly use google search. Always remember if it's to good to be true it's scam till proven otherwise.
Vengeance007

Activity: 228

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 01:46:43 PM

This is a good news indeed. It was high time that these got caught and their actions were finally put to an end. Also people should not fall for posts on social media which tells them to send crypto and they'll get double back. These are just pure scams.
jasydoggye

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:31:44 PM

To get rid of scam you suggest DUO Security. This is interesting and i like it. I read the article think it really works. and if this is true i think this is solution how to get rid from scam.
samiraetn

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:04:39 PM

If that's true, that is really a good news to us as it will help us recognize the scam messages that was twitted all over. That makes the statement true if the identified catalog is accessible to all people.
Jating

Activity: 2912
Merit: 804

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:30:32 PM

Thanks to twitter for that. Las few months was awful and I so irritated because of these scamming efforts.

Did you read the post? It was not twitter who discovered this bot nets, U.S.-based Duo Security. And if you go further on the article, you will read Twitter's response:

“In many cases, spammy content is hidden on Twitter on the basis of automated detections. When spammy content is hidden on Twitter from areas like search and conversations, that may not affect its availability via the API. This means certain types of spam may be visible via Twitter’s API even if it is not visible on Twitter itself. Less than 5 percent of Twitter accounts are spam-related.”

So how can you thank Twitter? It looks like they are disregarding what the company has unraveled. If Twitter doesn't react positively, their systems will be overrun by this ultra sophisticated AI bots that's its going to be different to differentiate because this bots have evolved to have AI.

.airbet.
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██

▄████▄▄▄██████▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████▀▀▀▀████
██████████████
▀███▀███████▄██
██████████▄███
██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
██████████████
█████▐████████
██████▀███████▀
▄███████████████▄
████████████████
█░██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
███████░█░███████
████████████████
█████████████████
██████████████░█
████████████████
▀███████████████▀
██▄▄▄
████████▄▄
██████▀▀████▄
██████▄░░████▄
██████████████
████████░░▀███▌
░████████▄▄████
██████████████▌
███░░░█████████
█████████░░░██▀
░░░███████████▀
██████░░░██▀
░░▀▀███▀

6,000+
GAMES
|
WEEKLY
PROMOS
....100%....
1ST DEPOSIT
BONUS
....125%.....
2ND DEPOSIT
BONUS
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██
.PLAY NOW.
solnce010515

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:46:43 PM

This kind of negative news personally makes me feel so bad. Because of these scams and frauds the environment of crypto currency has got so complex. I hope one day the entire market place would be transparent I wish it could be happened.

I agree with you. I believe that crypto currency is a great achievement for human beings. But there are many dishonest people on the planet. Yes, 15,000 is good work, but it's not enough
Zebulun18

Activity: 90

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 04:58:38 PM

Such assaults and plans are constantly present, even without digital forms of money. One ought to dependably look at sources and look for potential tricks that are connected through authority accounts. I can't help thinking that web based life locales are the hotbed for such disarray, realizing that more individuals are naïve and don't check things contrasted with individuals in discussions and mailing destinations. Simply figure out how to check tweets, devotee tally and see in the case of everything coordinates to the official records and you're fine.
Brianlee0112

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:08:27 PM

Crypto currency is scammed by the hacker It’s a problem and threat for crypto world .Hackers are always ready for chance to hack they are very active. Its important recover this problem as soon as possible. We need concentrate more to enhance its security
Beimere

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 05:55:42 PM

It will make things so much easier and everyone in this market will be happy to know that. It is believed that they are going in the right direction. because of the increasing number of scams were abusing the community and these scams were the reason for many misperceptions about crypto.
jamesbondbd007

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:01:41 PM

Scamming is the most discussed issue now. Scamming is spreading everywhere. We have to be careful. Thank you for sharing the link. Want to know what to do to stay away from the heckers.
nguyenhoven

Activity: 248
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:07:37 PM

Hackers are very much active to cheat the bounty hunters / ICOs .  Millions of fake twitter accounts have been infiltrated.  All efforts being done by hackers to spam the official twitter accounts of crypto business and impersonating crypto personalities.  More than 15000 exclusive hacker's accounts were traced by the agency involved in research.

Following is the link based on study and research by "Duo Security".  They took help of Application programming Interface to catch hackers from 88 million twitter accounts.
https://cryptoslate.com/massive-cryptocurrency-botnet-scam-unearthed-on-twitter/

cryptotwitter is turning to eth giveaway lately with none of it really legit. But people keep believing those scammers even though the language they use is pretty obviously false

◈ HYPERQUANT ◈ Platform for Professional Asset Management  (https://goo.gl/wGkw41)
blackandwhite89

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 07:33:58 PM

ICO or Bounty Skimming is the most discussed issue now. Scamming by tweeting Thank you for sharing the link. You must stay away from unnecessary links or e-mails to stay safe from the heckers.
Horraygram

Activity: 283

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 08:56:22 PM

this is really sad for the bounty hunters. the hackers cheat the bounty hunters on twitter. I think this is ridiculous. I think we should take proper steps how to get rid of this and make the right decision.
Champeon

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:27:34 AM

Scam is kind of threat for us who involve in crypto market. They hacked us by using twitter. we should aware because this hacking are rising day by day rapidly. And you suggest the duo security .it looks good.
althiche

Activity: 39

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:47:02 AM

These fake accounts harm the crypto community and make it weak. It’s relieving that these accounts has been discovered. Besides, people really should be aware about such bounty hunting scams. I hope these fake accounts will be gone soon and put an end to these scams.
crazybtclover

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:38:55 PM

There are many projects from ICO which are appeared as scam now-a-days. And hackers are becoming more dangerous and they used to more attack on crypto world.
strideynet

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 02:48:52 PM

this market will always be a good way of earning for hackers because they remain anonymous
BarnabyETH

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:06:08 PM

Finally these fake twitter accounts are put to rest and the people are protected from their shady and scam filled ways. Even though they look like the genuine ones on social media, we should always verify it to make sure it is not a scam.
Proo1947

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:44:39 PM

It has been an issue of concern among the bounty hunters and people who wanted to join bounty programs but sadly fell for scams and frauds like these. Good to see that finals steps are being taken to prevent such situations in the future. Otherwise crypto community was losing it's reputation due to such unfair activities.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: