Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:15:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Setting up a computer game room  (Read 676 times)
Kiki112 (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 02:29:21 PM

So, I was thinking of setting up a computer game room, I don't really know how to translate it to english but I think game room covers it Cheesy
So, I want to buy some space and set up a few computers and a PS4/PS3 with some LCD TVs and stuff but the thing is I don't know how would I earn from it Cheesy
I mean, I know but I would let people play anything they want on those computers for a rate of 1$/hour, I would place it near schools so kids can come and play while waiting for their bus or while skipping class Cheesy
The problem is I don't know how would I charge this? I don't want to count the time and poke everyone telling them their time is out Cheesy
Is there any program online that could lock the computer after the given time has ended?
And that I could give out some sort of codes that the users would put in the get extra hours Smiley
It would be nice if they could create an account on which they would get those hours + I would give them some extra for their birthday Cheesy
Any help would be appreciated Smiley

Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 04:08:13 PM

I know a guy who had a business like that about 12 years ago, I spent a lot of time there and learned a lot about running the whole thing.

Here are some problems you may face:
-People may use it as a place to run scam or blackmail operations.
-If you allow them to install whatever they like, it will most likely be pirated software and trojans.
-You have to calculate the cost of daily cleaning your computers. You'll quickly learn that people rarely wash their hands or turn away from the screen when sneezing.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 05:05:24 PM

LAN gaming center would be the name you're looking for.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
UltraPleb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 05:09:44 PM

There are definitely programs that lock computers after time is up, you can also directly put coins 'into the computer' to activate them, like the ones at hotels. Good luck if you decide to follow through with this venture OP.
Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 07:56:33 PM

I know a guy who had a business like that about 12 years ago, I spent a lot of time there and learned a lot about running the whole thing.

Here are some problems you may face:
-People may use it as a place to run scam or blackmail operations.
-If you allow them to install whatever they like, it will most likely be pirated software and trojans.
-You have to calculate the cost of daily cleaning your computers. You'll quickly learn that people rarely wash their hands or turn away from the screen when sneezing.

nah, I saw a gaming center earlier that had something like it's own OS, so you couldn't screw around the computer and download shit, you could just pick a game you want to play from a list or pick a browser you want to start Smiley
also other popular services were there like xfire,skype and others Smiley

I'm looking for something like that but don't know where could I find it  Undecided

LAN gaming center would be the name you're looking for.

yes, but how do I limit everyones time instead of poking them and saying your time is up Cheesy

There are definitely programs that lock computers after time is up, you can also directly put coins 'into the computer' to activate them, like the ones at hotels. Good luck if you decide to follow through with this venture OP.

I never heard of such a thing Cheesy
thanks Smiley

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:16:25 PM

Sounds like a good idea which I'm sure if you live in a city would be very popular.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Sheldor333

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:37:58 PM

There are great ones you can find on gaming forums, people have posted even some diy tutorials about that.

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:52:04 PM

It would be difficult to limit people unless you program a program which logs them off automatically when the time has been reached but don't know how much you would want to allow them to play.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
oomi0010

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:52:26 AM

You need some internet cafe software.

-<{[_O_]}>-
Kiki112 (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:44:38 PM

Sounds like a good idea which I'm sure if you live in a city would be very popular.

I live in a town, around 35k residents Smiley

There are great ones you can find on gaming forums, people have posted even some diy tutorials about that.

yeah, I'v found around 3 nice programs, they aren't really expensive, they have lots of options and the one I like the most costs around 79$ which is nothing compared to PC prices and space required..

You need some internet cafe software.

yeah, I know Cheesy

I like antamedia.com/cafe software Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: