Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:19:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The $1.91 Debt  (Read 3149 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 01:50:12 AM

(Title of this thread based on current exchange rate.)

I'm not sure if I'm caught up on all the Atlas drama, but did he just close his account over a half bitcoin debt which current equals $1.91? I read that he said the debt will be repaid. If I owed somebody that little, I wound round it up to at least $5.00 and ask where would you like me to send the USPS money order and apologize for the inconvenience. Was/is he that unstable? You don't think that he'll try to get back on the Alex Jones show and try to convince him that Bitcoin is a scam, do you?

I didn't want to state this before, but I once had two very close friends that acted exactly like Atlas. Sadly, they both commented suicide. Let us hope that Atlas gets help soon before someone gets hurt.

Full Disclosure: 2/3 of one of the paragraphs above, I made up.

I will close this thread the minute I feel I'm attacked. <---That sentence is a lie!

In memory of Atlas, I will start a at least one new thread a day that has nothing to do with Bitcoin and post in Bitcoin Discussion, thereby giving Theymos job security. (theymos, I know I have poked a couple jabs at you, but it's all in good fun--I have nothing against you and admire your efforts here. That said, thank you, theymos)

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12865

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 01:52:58 AM

He borrowed much more from me in the past. I have no doubt he'll pay it back.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 01:56:20 AM

He borrowed much more from me in the past. I have no doubt he'll pay it back.

I know I could go back and find out for myself who he owes it to, but opted to ask here. Who exactly does he owe .5 BTC and would that person be interested in me paying off Atlas's debt? This is an honest proposal.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 02:18:04 AM

I'm such an idiot! I start a thread based on .5 BTC debt mentioned in another thread, and for the life of me I can't find it. Somebody please help me out here or I'll...I'll...start another thread about 2710 Tom Williams Ave. (I'm still kicking myself over that one!)

I need a name so that I can PM him/her and ask if he/she will accept payment from me.

Bruno

PS: Perhaps Atlas had to leave because his mother ship (Google comet in the news) is doing a return flyby.

teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 02:22:13 AM

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=65.0

The two anonymous locked threads..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 02:47:28 AM

http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=65.0

The two anonymous locked threads..

Thank you, teflone. I still couldn't figure it out. Anybody else know who Atlas owes .5 BTC to?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 02:50:25 AM

I think I figured it out. Eveofwar? If I am correct, I'm willing to clear this debt.

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 02:54:56 AM

I'm such an idiot! I start a thread based on .5 BTC debt mentioned in another thread, and for the life of me I can't find it. Somebody please help me out here or I'll...I'll...start another thread about 2710 Tom Williams Ave. (I'm still kicking myself over that one!)

I need a name so that I can PM him/her and ask if he/she will accept payment from me.

Bruno

PS: Perhaps Atlas had to leave because his mother ship (Google comet in the news) is doing a return flyby.

Why don't you start a thread about 125 Cedar Elm Lane

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
teflone

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 02:55:21 AM

I think I figured it out. Eveofwar? If I am correct, I'm willing to clear this debt.

It looks like its him...

I wouldnt worry too much, it says there he will repay..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 10:23:06 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2011, 10:39:01 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Bruno

No Way! There's a minor at that address.

I can't get that look he has in this photo out of my head. I'll now compare it to another image of a TM (reverse engineer the image link).

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 10:33:34 AM

Bruno

On second thought, from above, the roofline(s) look like the letters of KIVA stacked on top of each other--odd!: http://www.redfin.com/TX/Georgetown/125-Cedar-Elm-Ln-78633/home/32598945 (zoom in on roofline)
teflone

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 05:55:15 PM

Bruno

On second thought, from above, the roofline(s) look like the letters of KIVA stacked on top of each other--odd!: http://www.redfin.com/TX/Georgetown/125-Cedar-Elm-Ln-78633/home/32598945 (zoom in on roofline)

Ok, NOW your officially smoking something Cheesy

deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 06:12:08 PM

Bruno

You stay here long enough the crazier something is the more sense it makes

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
teflone

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 08:07:08 PM

Bruno

You stay here long enough the crazier something is the more sense it makes

Lol.

Personally speaking,

If you cross your eyes, and stare at the rooftops, it says HELP ME.

Clearly.

I feel sorry for him, he's obviously emotionally unstable.

The fact he needs constant engagement, constant threads about ideas, says a lot about his mindset.

But he does come off as "Holier than now".

I think the best advice to him has been given to him several times, drop the "My excrement dosen't stink" attitude.

And of course, follow through with at least one project, even with the nay'sayers being vocal.

Ragnar

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 08:29:53 PM

So, this is what I was questioned over? A missing $1.91 lent to a child?
teflone

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:56:39 PM

Essentially, but not over 1.91.

Just a vocal troubled youth of the forum that left abruptly, and then you appeared, and your name has a ref. to a rebirth of sorts..

So.. some drew conclusions...I cant blame them honestly...

Welcome!

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 10:44:23 PM

Essentially, but not over $1.91.

Just a vocal troubled youth of the forum that left abruptly, and then you appeared, and your name has a ref. to a rebirth of sorts..

Welcome!

Darn you, teflone. I wanted to see if Ragnar watched the 58 minute of BW and EG interviewing IG and atom. I was hoping he would learn the secret Bitcoin handshake. Now that he's on his way on becoming a full member, we have no choice but to show him.

Remember to pay your $1.91 dues before you reach your 100th post, otherwise the whole process starts over again.

teflone

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 11:44:39 PM

Welcome!

Darn you, teflone. I wanted to see if Ragnar watched the 58 minute of BW and EG interviewing IG and atom. I was hoping he would learn the secret Bitcoin handshake. Now that he's on his way on becoming a full member, we have no choice but to show him.

Remember to pay your $1.91 dues before you reach your 100th post, otherwise the whole process starts over again.

I dunno is this a sanctioned bitcoin handshake..?

I would start to feel dainty and stupid at the pinky swear last part.. Cheesy

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 02:40:04 AM

Welcome!

I dunno is this a sanctioned bitcoin handshake..?

I would start to feel dainty and stupid at the pinky swear last part.. Cheesy

You fell right into my trap, teflone. I knew you didn't know the secret handshake. I changed the order of the pics. The pinky swear is the first part, not the last. I'm willing to bet you get the other three in the wrong order, also. I'll go one step further. I bet you don't even know what finger the Bitcoin Ring goes on when it 12 Noon, Tuesday.  Wink
bitleaker

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 03:12:21 AM

I bet you don't even know what finger the Bitcoin Ring goes on when it 12 Noon, Tuesday.  Wink

That is another trick question. Everyone knows that the ring goes on the middle toe of the left foot when it is time for Tuesday's cake lunch.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: