Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:34:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The manipulator is back!!!  (Read 5783 times)
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 01:07:15 PM

In retrospect, the name "Manipulator" was probably a poor choice. Should have been more verbose, like "A guy like me except has more money in the game", but, in Edward's defense, that doesn't flow nearly as easily Wink

If guys with money = manipulator, there's no reason truth cant = jesus

Edit:  Ahhhhh!!!! Maybe you guys are right!   It's almost winter but Mt Gox Live looks exactly like the top of an upside-down snowcone!!  This guy's an asshole!!
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
October 15, 2011, 03:48:21 PM

Or maybe it's captain fat-fingers putting an extra zero on figures

Some personal experience, Captain? (+1)

With your mom :-P

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
BitMagic

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 07:15:17 AM

Or maybe it's captain fat-fingers putting an extra zero on figures

Some personal experience, Captain? (+1)

With your mom :-P

Yeah, actually I was suggesting you were the fat-fingered captain putting an extra zero on figures. But if you think my mom enjoys that, have at it.

Please give me your money, because I am a shameless libertarian elite who deserves your money more than you do: 9Hkao8U82WWDp6SQGn4k7ad9gT1LWeL5s3
Minsc

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 11:13:51 PM

See this meme http://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=&bih=&q=Where+is+your+god+now%3F&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=1

Then...

$2/coin!
WHERE IS YOUR MANIPULATOR NOW?

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 04:55:19 PM

Hey Minsc, I wonder you were spreading permabear rhetoric and posted tulip bubble images 2 weeks ago and now you suddenly become bullish?
I don't exactly get where you are at, what now is BTC gonna fail or not?

It seems you are just always trying to provoke with opposition no matter what without any basis.... or at least I'm not seeing any, if there is tell me!
Minsc

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 08:56:29 PM

ElectricMucus, I get bearish when it stagnates.  If it was stable, it would move a bit around a range, but move.  Stagnating means lack of interest in the coins.

Right now at such an extreme low it looks like it's just about to surge high.  I may be wrong and it may crash to $1, but it looks like it's going to go up big.  It may take a month.  It may take till next Spring, but it's near the sweet bottom.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 10:40:57 PM

bitcoin prices will make another low at 60% probabilty and the buy trigger is quite far away: now 4$.

Any buying now carries the risk of catching a falling guiliotine knife.

Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 01:04:15 PM

bitcoin prices will make another low at 60% probabilty and the buy trigger is quite far away: now 4$.

Any buying now carries the risk of catching a falling guiliotine knife.

Agreed, people seem to think btc will hit a bottom, and immediately turn stable and start increasing.  That isn't how it's gonna happen.  It will likely hit a bottom, it will rise a bit, then people will start selling before it dips again, people like minsc will go all in and buy a buttload, drive the price up a bit, people who didnt get to bail on the way down will bail before it drops again, causing another crash, people won't buy in this time, and it stagnates, drops a little further, etc.

It may well be the end of bitcoin we are watching.  Buyer beware.   

As long as the price keeps bouncing up and down, bots are feasting on simple trades.  I recently unleashed my custom written bot and it's doing rather nicely.  The only time I lose out is when the market has a massive surge up or down and doesn't retrace its previous levels (eg. trades at $5 are a pipe dream today).  I wonder how many purely human traders there are in the market?
Minsc

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:37:43 PM

Agreed, people seem to think btc will hit a bottom, and immediately turn stable and start increasing.  That isn't how it's gonna happen.  It will likely hit a bottom, it will rise a bit, then people will start selling before it dips again, people like minsc will go all in and buy a buttload, drive the price up a bit, people who didnt get to bail on the way down will bail before it drops again, causing another crash, people won't buy in this time, and it stagnates, drops a little further, etc.

It may well be the end of bitcoin we are watching.  Buyer beware.   

That's true.  When it hits bottom it tends to either:
1) Stagnate for a long time before rallying big
2) Rally up and then a mere 20 cents later some asshole will dump $50,000 worth of coins to force it back down and it'll crash even more

So all those miners and early adopters who didn't sell, didn't sell, etc. now when it's gone to $2 are all "Okay perfect time to sell!"  And when it goes below $1, they'll think it's an even better time to sell.  They should've sold at $10.

Minsc

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:40:42 PM

As long as the price keeps bouncing up and down, bots are feasting on simple trades.  I recently unleashed my custom written bot and it's doing rather nicely.  The only time I lose out is when the market has a massive surge up or down and doesn't retrace its previous levels (eg. trades at $5 are a pipe dream today).  I wonder how many purely human traders there are in the market?

I gotta wonder, don't bots just follow the swings so as the price steadily drops, you end up with more bitcoins but less USD$ worth of bitcoins?

nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2011, 08:44:23 PM

I gotta wonder, don't bots just follow the swings so as the price steadily drops, you end up with more bitcoins but less USD$ worth of bitcoins?

Yes. If your bot keeps a lot of bitcoins (say 50% bicoins, 50% usd) then you have been losing money.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: