Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:34:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think gox will keep it 100 BC withdraw limit as the value of bitcoins plu  (Read 1445 times)
Minsc (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 06:17:12 AM

Do you think gox will keep it 100 BC daily withdraw limit as the value of bitcoins plumets to $2?  Only $200 in coins can be withdrawn daily.

1DcXvfJdeJch9uptKopte5XQarTtj5ZjpL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
322i0n

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2011, 07:35:45 AM

i think they will keep it at 100btc until it reaches $.50 next weekend then they will increase the limit to 150btc daily. then the week after when the prices top $100 dollars they will reduce the limit to only let you withdraw 1btc a day.

makes perfect sense!

Supporting The Global Insurrection Against Banker Occupation
BTC: 1C1w6t1dMkEXeCntURxDiBiWsTbdJbvTr9
NMC: N6uNpVPAdpTur4Hwr8Sqgd6kxcKPto4S2T
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 08:53:48 AM

If the market is collapsing it makes sense for MtGox not to lift the withdrawl limit, as it could mean funds flee MtGox instead of staying and playing in the market (with MtGox making a cut on every trade).

If MtGox was serious about being an exchange it would offer the equivalent of $10,000 or more per day as the limit.
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 06:22:54 PM

Wanted to add that I pulled all my funds out of mt. gox. I don't want to take the risk that mt. gox. could be one of the people who has been buying large amounts of bitcoins on other peoples money. That is why they have continued to keep throwing money into bitcoin as it has been dropping as a last chance to save themselves.

Since they can't save themselves or the price, I don't want to be part of their ponzi scheme failure.

I also will not be buying any bitcoins at this point because more than likely the price will be going down way further. I do not see any reason that will change my mind at this point. I think bitcoins will eventually fail and go under $2 and probably $1 dollar with time.

SO to be safe I'm getting my money out.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Minsc (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2011, 09:38:15 PM

If the market is collapsing it makes sense for MtGox not to lift the withdrawl limit, as it could mean funds flee MtGox instead of staying and playing in the market (with MtGox making a cut on every trade).

You can pull it out in bitcoins for about $350.  You can pull it out in cash for $1000 or about 300 bitcoins equivalent.  So you can pull more out in cash.  Gox should let people pull more out in bitcoins so the money stays in bitcoins.

grod

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 06:50:27 AM

Wanted to add that I pulled all my funds out of mt. gox. I don't want to take the risk that mt. gox. could be one of the people who has been buying large amounts of bitcoins on other peoples money. That is why they have continued to keep throwing money into bitcoin as it has been dropping as a last chance to save themselves.

This is my fear too.  There was no reason for mtgox to have 500k in an online, trade-capable account (during the first hack) unless they were trading their own market.  There is definitely non-zero chance they could be long BTC and short dollars.

kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 09:48:28 AM

go aks magicaltux, he can raise the limits of your account.
the rules are in place, to prevent laundry.
you can also fill out the verification form: https://mtgox.com/forms/verification it will raise your limits.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
Minsc (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 07:27:20 PM

you can also fill out the verification form: https://mtgox.com/forms/verification it will raise your limits.

Most people won't put up with that.  Right now bitcoins are worth $2 each.  They may soon be worth less than $1.  It's ridiculous that you want to buy something with bitcoins and then can only withdraw soon to be about $30 from your account.  Sure rich speculators may do this, but the average guy buying stuff with bitcoins just simply will go "jeez what a joke!" and not use bitcoins.  And so the prices will continue to fall.

And the Gox stuff does not stop money laundering since a launderer will just open multiple accounts.

quartz92

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2011, 08:39:05 PM

Most people won't put up with that.  Right now bitcoins are worth $2 each.  They may soon be worth less than $1.  It's ridiculous that you want to buy something with bitcoins and then can only withdraw soon to be about $30 from your account.  Sure rich speculators may do this, but the average guy buying stuff with bitcoins just simply will go "jeez what a joke!" and not use bitcoins.  And so the prices will continue to fall.

And the Gox stuff does not stop money laundering since a launderer will just open multiple accounts.
This
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2011, 09:23:17 PM

Since they can't save themselves or the price, I don't want to be part of their ponzi scheme failure.

I also will not be buying any bitcoins at this point because more than likely the price will be going down way further. I do not see any reason that will change my mind at this point. I think bitcoins will eventually fail and go under $2 and probably $1 dollar with time.

SO to be safe I'm getting my money out.
As I've been saying for months, "If you're not out, get out". Do not leave significant cash in any "exchange". We're going into the endgame now, and it may not be pretty.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: