Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:53:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] RuCoin - Russian alternate cryptocurrency - exchange is up already!  (Read 34353 times)
c4n10

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 01:08:44 PM

How long does it take for the chat registration to get verified? I have just registered on there now.

I think mine took 24 hours
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
c4n10

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 01:10:14 PM

How long does it take for the chat registration to get verified? I have just registered on there now.

if you signed up as Manrus, the moderatorial channel says your sign-up was accepted. Try re-starting your client maybe...?
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 11:50:42 AM

I am all signed out now and chatting away. The client does have a lot of extra features.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 11:56:20 AM

EXTRA FEATURE: in 2011 October the creator of RUC premined the fuck out of it and likely has since.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

peepee

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 12:06:25 PM

EXTRA FEATURE: in 2011 October the creator of RUC premined the fuck out of it and likely has since.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 12:29:15 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 01:11:54 PM

Yeah, this was just a pump and dump with a huge premine.  Amazed anyone would still touch it.
CaptChadd

Activity: 924
Merit: 1005

Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 02:39:43 PM

Well a lot of people are still interested in it, the network hash rate is now 19.6 GHs and the next difficulty is set to double.

For those people that do not speak Russian I have developed a website in English.

It is still a work in progress but it might help to prevent a lot of people being put off by people who cannot read Russian.

Most people think this coin might be dead but the Dev's have just released a new client with even more features.

The Rucoin client has more built in features than any of the others.

Here is the English website link : http://rucoin-uk.com/

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 03:26:49 PM

The downloads section seems to only have a windows setup exe, no sign of source code so it can be built for other platforms?

Also it seems to be a -qt, no sign of the daemon.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 05:48:56 PM

The downloads section seems to only have a windows setup exe, no sign of source code so it can be built for other platforms?

Also it seems to be a -qt, no sign of the daemon.

-MarkM-

the linux version is the daemon, still no source, so nty (VM only)

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Deprived

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 06:03:06 PM

Most people think this coin might be dead but the Dev's have just released a new client with even more features. pre-mined coins and no source-code.

FYP

WHy would anyone be interested in a coin that had a pre-mine, was pumped and dumped and still doesn't release source-code?  Obviously those behind the scam venture would like to sell off the rest off the pre-mine but why on earth would anyone want to buy them?

If the source code is released then I guess no harm mining it and dumping the mined coins on BTC-E if it makes more than mining something else - but there's no reason to believe it's anything other than an attempt to pump and dump more premined coins.
c4n10

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 06:53:27 PM

WHy would anyone be interested in a coin that had a pre-mine, was pumped and dumped and still doesn't release source-code?

Because it offers sha256d AND scrypt mining with separate difficulties depending on the hashrate of the networks for each algo offering a level playing field for cpu AND gpu miners, it has chat built right into the client, has the btc-e chat box built into the client, btc-e trade stats built into the client, network stats inside the client GUI. It has features that make it appealing.

Pre-mined...? So what...? Bitcoin was in it's third year by the time I found it, people had already mined the f*** out of it, I couldn't even mine a single coin per day, yet here I am mining away on Bitcoin which was never publicly announced before it's release and which openly admits in it's own wiki that Satoshi and his friends were using the program amongst themselves before thy ever thought to share it with the world. What does that mean...?

Yup... PRE-MINE...

Obviously those behind the scam venture would like to sell off the rest off the pre-mine but why on earth would anyone want to buy them?

Redundant... See answer above.

If the source code is released then I guess no harm mining it and dumping the mined coins on BTC-E if it makes more than mining something else - but there's no reason to believe it's anything other than an attempt to pump and dump more premined coins.

There's plenty of programs that we all use on a daily basis which we have never seen the source code for because it is simply not available, not every software in the world is open-source and just because it's not open-source doesn't mean it's malicious.

Make back-ups like your supposed to, store your coins in off-line wallets, run A/V software, anti-malware software and maintain your computer like your supposed to then even if something does turn out to be a virus the effects will be null to minimal.
Deprived

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 07:09:23 PM

WHy would anyone be interested in a coin that had a pre-mine, was pumped and dumped and still doesn't release source-code?

Because it offers sha256d AND scrypt mining with separate difficulties depending on the hashrate of the networks for each algo offering a level playing field for cpu AND gpu miners, it has chat built right into the client, has the btc-e chat box built into the client, btc-e trade stats built into the client, network stats inside the client GUI. It has features that make it appealing.

Pre-mined...? So what...? Bitcoin was in it's third year by the time I found it, people had already mined the f*** out of it, I couldn't even mine a single coin per day, yet here I am mining away on Bitcoin which was never publicly announced before it's release and which openly admits in it's own wiki that Satoshi and his friends were using the program amongst themselves before thy ever thought to share it with the world. What does that mean...?

Yup... PRE-MINE...

And remind me when did BTC get pumped/dumped then stop being supported for ages?

I can get BTC-E chat and trade stats from the BTC-E site without supporting the 2nd run of a pump-and-dump scam currency.

There's a difference between mining coins over a few years of developing the software from scratch (having invented the implementation in the first place) and awarding yourself a huge chunk of coins in the genesis block of a copy.

But no problem - so long as everyone remembers what happened last time: massive dump followed by the currency basically vanishing for ages.  Just don't get caught actually holding them this time - sell them as you mine them.

As the saying gos:

Fool me once - shame on you.  Fool me twice - shame on me.

Plenty of fools around here, unfortunately - who will fall for the same thing multiple times even if run by the same person/group.
c4n10

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 07:18:52 PM

And remind me when did BTC get pumped/dumped then stop being supported for ages?

I can get BTC-E chat and trade stats from the BTC-E site without supporting the 2nd run of a pump-and-dump scam currency.

There's a difference between mining coins over a few years of developing the software from scratch (having invented the implementation in the first place) and awarding yourself a huge chunk of coins in the genesis block of a copy.

But no problem - so long as everyone remembers what happened last time: massive dump followed by the currency basically vanishing for ages.  Just don't get caught actually holding them this time - sell them as you mine them.

As the saying gos:

Fool me once - shame on you.  Fool me twice - shame on me.

Plenty of fools around here, unfortunately - who will fall for the same thing multiple times even if run by the same person/group.

Whether they pre-mined or not, I ENJOY mining this coin. I can't really say that about any other coin.

They didn't stop supporting it, it seems to me that they have been working on it and improving it.

A pre-mine is meaningless to me, especially for a coin which already came out a couple years ago and is being revived. Since it came out a couple years ago, the pre-mined coins have probably already been sold off or mostly sold off which means the coins are somewhere in the network which as an end user means to me that it is no different than joining Bitcoin 3 years after it's development like I and many people in these forums have already done.

Yes, Satoshi and his friends were the originators and they deserve the earnings from their "pre-mine" but I think RuCoin is an excellent creation of it's own which has set itself aside as distinctly different from bitcoin in my mind and I'm not going to stop using it just because you don't think it's fair that you didn't have a chance to be an earliest adopter...
c4n10

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 07:39:33 PM

Also allow me to point out that RuCoin has built in defense features as evidenced here:

and here it is a different type of defensive state in a screencap from yesterday:

K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 07:53:52 PM

Yup... PRE-MINE...

Obviously those behind the scam venture would like to sell off the rest off the pre-mine but why on earth would anyone want to buy them?

Redundant... See answer above.

There's plenty of programs that we all use on a daily basis which we have never seen the source code for because it is simply not available, not every software in the world is open-source and just because it's not open-source doesn't mean it's malicious.

Make back-ups like your supposed to, store your coins in off-line wallets, run A/V software, anti-malware software and maintain your computer like your supposed to then even if something does turn out to be a virus the effects will be null to minimal.
this is only correct for winblows users.

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 08:19:32 PM

Wow so they took a pumped and dumped premined coin and put a chat feature into it as well as allow you to do Scrypt and SHA256 mining.

Hmm Scrypt uses SHA256  and oh why have two mining algorithms? Why not just mine SHA256 because it is less memory intensive?

And all those premined coins....yeah...fuck that shit.  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

c4n10

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 10:53:12 PM

Wow so they took a pumped and dumped premined coin and put a chat feature into it as well as allow you to do Scrypt and SHA256 mining.

Hmm Scrypt uses SHA256  and oh why have two mining algorithms? Why not just mine SHA256 because it is less memory intensive?

They use the separate algo's to protect the pool from >51% attack (see my last post with the pretty pictures, luke-jr couldn't kill this chain if he tried) making it the ONLY chain safe from >51% and with separate difficulties cpu AND gpu miners have equal opportunity at finding every block.

Thanks for playing have a nice day...

In other news, they updated the client and you can now buy/sell your RUC/BTC straight from the client.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 11:01:39 PM

They use the separate algo's to protect the pool from >51% attack (see my last post with the pretty pictures, luke-jr couldn't kill this chain if he tried) making it the ONLY chain safe from >51% and with separate difficulties cpu AND gpu miners have equal opportunity at finding every block.

In other news, they updated the client and you can now buy/sell your RUC/BTC straight from the client.

LOL right have you tested this pile of rubbish for 51% attack? Nope. Oh and can you paste the code that shows how this new "client" saves us all from 51% attack?

Pretty pictures hmm where have I seen that....oh right....look the pretty pictures that used to be at this link are gone:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77606.0

No one cares if the client has exchange data built into it. The foundation of the start of this pile of rubbish was that a "community player" decided to start a new chain in October 2011 and premine the fuck out of it for several weeks. Then give access to people slowly and have them mine it. Then dump the shit on the btc-e exchange which used to be listed on their site (currently a hidden link).

If there is one thing that the alt coin community has shown is the distaste for premined bullshit alt chains.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 11:02:30 PM

Hmm Scrypt uses SHA256  and oh why have two mining algorithms? Why not just mine SHA256 because it is less memory intensive?

And all those premined coins....yeah...fuck that shit.  Cheesy

I mean, very cool idea with the 2 algos. But it's a pump and dump clear through. Maybe not dump as in kill-it-dump but there is an enormous premine that is just waiting to pick up the BTC of the naive.

more or less retired.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: