Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:21:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to recover your money as a small time investor with funds in mtgox  (Read 6304 times)
Nyte

Activity: 13
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 01:28:48 AM

I'm interested as well.  Angry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gj679

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 11:13:22 PM

http://www.mtgoxrecovery.com/
acidwing (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:48:24 PM

Thanks for this. I followed the instructions on the site.

I'm still waiting to hear from the law firm. I'd be interested to know if anybody has any other suggestions.

AW

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 11:55:51 PM

Thanks for this. I followed the instructions on the site.

I'm still waiting to hear from the law firm. I'd be interested to know if anybody has any other suggestions.

AW

These things don't happen quickly.  You typically get an auto-responder acknowledging your expression of interest and then may not hear any more for months.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
spuushie

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:15:38 AM

I wonder, I made several cash withdraws a few months ago... Any chance they will go trough? Cry
Griegura

Activity: 279
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:25:17 AM

I had 400 € in mt gox, and Id be ready to join its a matter of principle

Contract Vault     Next Generation Agreements for Everyone on The Ethereum Blockchain
❱❱❱  JOIN TOKEN SALE  ❱❱❱  MAY 1st   [[ LIGHTPAPER ]]
▄▀ ██ ▀ ██ ██████    FACEBOOK       TWITTER       LINKEDIN       MEDIUM       TELEGRAM    ██████ ██ ▀ ██ ▀▄
acidwing (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:39:14 PM

Hi everybody. Thank you all so much for your feedback.

I'm feeling a little uneasy hearing about all the high profile court cases being filed against gox while I don't even have a lawyer yet. I'm worried that only the richest investors will get any money back. Surely there must be more people who lost <$10000?

I don't want to simply post my email to some website, sit and wait for months while the whole thing unfolds in court, only to be told in the end "oh were sorry, you lost less than $10000 so you don't get anything"

Would it be paranoid to suggest a large firm could claim to represent "thousands of investors" but have small print saying only the top %10 of plaintiffs can claim a payout? Would it be in the interests of other law firms to convince the many smaller investors that something is being done for them in order to neutralize the many counter claims there may be to any recovered funds? Perhaps some of you could put my mind at ease with anything you know that may be relevant,

Also I just wish to reiterate that I started this thread for the people who lost less than $10000 , so they can to pool their resources. I am one such person and about a dozen or so other people have posted an interest.

If anybody hears anything about any actions that specifically relate to those people with less than $10000 in losses then I would like them to post about it here. Similarly if there is another thread relating to this somewhere then post that link too. I'm still looking for as many options as possible at the moment but despite my best efforts I'm still at a loss. There must be something else we can do?

AW
Bonio

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:40:13 PM

Solicitors are usually are the ones who make money out of things like this, could someone explain what it is going to cost people?

Say for example someone has 1 BTC in gox, is it going to cost more than that to retrieve anything, and after all if they are broke then a small % per person is all that will be got.

Could someone maybe explain to the more cynical amongst us (me Wink) how it works and what are the costs incurred. Im asking here because I realise every letter or phone call to a solicitor usually gets added to the bottom line.

acidwing (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:49:47 PM

Solicitors are usually are the ones who make money out of things like this, could someone explain what it is going to cost people?

Say for example someone has 1 BTC in gox, is it going to cost more than that to retrieve anything, and after all if they are broke then a small % per person is all that will be got.

Could someone maybe explain to the more cynical amongst us (me Wink) how it works and what are the costs incurred. Im asking here because I realise every letter or phone call to a solicitor usually gets added to the bottom line.

I had though about this but perhaps someone else could clarify.

I would propose the lawyers take a percentage of the recovered funds on a no win no fee basis. I am perfectly happy to pay lawyers for the work they do and if they think there is hope for a recovery then I am happy for them to keep a percentage (including a percentage of recovered bitcoin).

If the lawyers say there is very little chance of recovering any funds and they request an up front fee then we will have to look at other options. Some people may be willing to all chip in a little bit for a joint action. Whether I would be willing to do this depends on all the different factors involved. How much would it cost, what were the chances of recovery, how I felt about the lawyer making the proposal or what other options were available. Also it would have to be very cheep. I'm not prepared to sink much more (if anything) down the mtgox memory hole.

What are other people's thoughts on this?

Bonio

Activity: 127

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:25:13 PM

Does Bitcoinsolicitor have any funds tied up in Gox?

acidwing (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 03:28:13 PM

I'd never heard of bitcoinsolicitor until you said that. I checked and I think it's the same person from Selachii LLP who posted earlier in this thread. You can find out more in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=425901.0

AW
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 08:32:08 PM

That site is probably phony. No name, no address, no name of a law firm. Just send them your info. Looks like a scam.

It's generally considered unethical for an attorney to advertise anonymously. That's why all legal ads contain the name of the law firm.
bitcoinsolicitor

Activity: 73

Bitcoin Lawyer in Kensington, London

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 09:27:47 PM

I'd never heard of bitcoinsolicitor until you said that. I checked and I think it's the same person from Selachii LLP who posted earlier in this thread. You can find out more in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=425901.0

AW

RE: Does Bitcoinsolicitor have any funds tied up in Gox? = Not in Mt Gox.

We have been contacted but a lot of people from all over the world who have lost bitcoin and fiat currency with Mt Gox.

We should be in a position to update all those that have contacted us early next week.

If you have any questions please email info(at)selachii.co.uk

Lyomon86

Activity: 96

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 11:57:55 AM

I don't see any ways to recover my losses in the same case Embarrassed
Raw-H

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 01:27:22 PM

That site is probably phony. No name, no address, no name of a law firm. Just send them your info. Looks like a scam.

It's generally considered unethical for an attorney to advertise anonymously. That's why all legal ads contain the name of the law firm.

Exactly the reason I registered with a different email instead of my email linked to mtgox.
bitcoinsolicitor

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 02:27:51 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/mt-gox-lawsuit-target-mark-karpeles-personal-wealth/
Hogam0001

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:08:11 PM

Hi,

I am interested in taking the action too.
I need my 1.44 bitcoin back.

Thank you,
acidwing (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 03:29:11 PM

I read this article. It's very reassuring to see that bitcoinsolicitor is acting on our behalf.

I would say though that (in contradiction to the article) I am personally more interested in getting my bitcoin back than my fiat. Whilst I have lost a significant sum in both, I resisted the temptation to sell at a loss during the final days of mtgox's operation and kept hold of my bitcoin instead.

It would of course be nice to get both.

AW
markus13sbd

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 09:23:10 AM

I'm also interested on. I also think if we cooperate together may be we can achieve something, but of course the wait will be long.
Maybe one of the good things in this case is the justice will happen in Japan and Asian people are serously than other cultures in this kind of issues.
bitcoinsolicitor

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 09:42:16 AM

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/10676691/Hundreds-want-to-join-Mt-Gox-lawsuit-says-UK-law-firm.html
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: