Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:01:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin ETF, Is it really needed?  (Read 564 times)
oxoxoxox

Activity: 462
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 08:48:38 AM

I think Bitcoin can continue to develop even without an ETF, but if the ETF can successfully pass the review, then this will allow Bitcoin to land on the moon ahead of time!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r1s2g3 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 01:54:18 AM

People don't seem to realise that ETFs are usually based on paper contracts, and this means they expand the apparently available amount of the asset. Bitcoin's value is based on scarcity, and the fact that only 21 million coins will be released. Just think of the effect on the price if ETFs add another 20 million "virtual" coins to the pool, and don't forget that their transfer will provide revenue for the banks, and not for the miners who are so important to the integrity of the Bitcoin economy.

I hope that ETFs never gain any approval, but they are such a valuable tool for banking control, that it is almost certain that they will be used for the benefit of the bankers.

I think , they need to  put bitcoin in reserve for creating that amount of ETF so that much amount of bitcoin will be removed from market, otherwise there is no difference in paper currency and bitcoin ETF
Initscri

Activity: 1540
Merit: 759

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 03:35:15 AM

For greater legitimacy within the financial world, I think yes. But at the same time, I think that's a slipper slope. As many have mentioned, once a Bitcoin ETF is created, I'm sure it would be manipulated in such a way that wouldn't be friendly to Bitcoin.

I can speak for him/her/them; I don't ever think the original intention of Satoshi was for a ETF to be created.
MasternodeInvest

Activity: 315
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 03:14:29 PM

Good Ask, i dont know if ETF will be usefull fot btc, so... it will bring more and more founds to btc, but they are speculation founds, and if now whale can determinate a dump or pump... can you think with many financial whale on board?Huh
Obiwankenodium
Copper Member

Activity: 322
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2018, 06:40:18 PM

People don't seem to realise that ETFs are usually based on paper contracts, and this means they expand the apparently available amount of the asset. Bitcoin's value is based on scarcity, and the fact that only 21 million coins will be released. Just think of the effect on the price if ETFs add another 20 million "virtual" coins to the pool, and don't forget that their transfer will provide revenue for the banks, and not for the miners who are so important to the integrity of the Bitcoin economy.

I hope that ETFs never gain any approval, but they are such a valuable tool for banking control, that it is almost certain that they will be used for the benefit of the bankers.

I think , they need to  put bitcoin in reserve for creating that amount of ETF so that much amount of bitcoin will be removed from market, otherwise there is no difference in paper currency and bitcoin ETF
If its a physicsl etf, then they will have to physically hold the bitcoin. If its a syntethic etf they will not hold physical coins, they will use swap constructions instead to replicate.
josephdd1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 513

View Profile
August 31, 2018, 10:37:38 PM

Yes, like most people on here I also feel that it will be interesting to follow ETF decision though I do have my reservations on how that will play out - hopefully, I'm wrong  Grin
joerogers8

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

Negative trust for an opinion! Check it out.

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 01:19:17 AM
Merited by paxmao (2)

You guys thinking the ETF is necessary may be making a huge and critical mistake.  Your want of a temporary boost in Bitcoin will eventually destroy Bitcoin and hand the keys over to the Central bankers who run these ETF's.  I'm familiar with this ETF bullshit in the silver market.  

They completely control the silver market with their paper ETF game.  They actually do this for almost every valuable asset on earth but the silver scam is the one I'm most knowledgeable about.  If silver starts to rise they simply print paper silver and flood the market.  By doing this with silver (and gold) it makes the fiat look better.  Imagine if silver and gold began skyrocketing.  It would show the fiat currencies are crashing.  Can't have that. 

The logical man then says that will never work.  What if people take delivery.  They won't have it and it will break the market.  Bankers are too smart for that.  They have a stipulation in the contract you sign when trading paper assets that in case of failure to deliver they will pay you in dollars.   Dollars that they print!

If you guys let the bankers in so you can make a quick profit your destroying the entire movement.

jiya jaena

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:07:08 AM

I think ETF are needed to provide certainty for investors, because if ETF already accepted bitcoin, investors will not feel hesitant about bitcoin, because right now there are still many investors who think bitcoin as a bubble or ponzi scheme
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2018, 03:57:51 PM

Bitcoin ETF was disapproved for it has another concern that US government does not allow to happen. I have posted a thread on economy section regarding with the conflict of cryptoccurency and the dollar currency The conflict of cryptocurrency and the US dollars currency!.

The ETF is not really needed but for some reasons that the community does want bitcoin to be acknowledge by the government so the ETF was created. This will help us to get more encouragement and to engage more in cryptocurrency and have some security over the money we invested on it. Definitely it could be help but then again it is not that needed for cryptocurrency could still be working even without the ETF.
r1s2g3 (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
January 06, 2019, 04:15:42 PM

Going through this thread again and  realized that some  "ETFs are usually based on paper contracts" and ultimately there is no difference in paper currency and bitcoin ETF.

Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 10, 2019, 08:51:51 PM

In as much as Bitcoin ETF is not fully needed but on the other hand, it's needed to a particular extent. Such things will bring a drive and cause new investors to come into the market, it can also provide room for more Bitcoin adoption and which when paired with other legalization, will bring about a turn around of things now.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: