Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:50:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: English Premier League 2018/2019  (Read 175 times)
cryptothief (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2018, 09:39:25 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2018, 04:06:26 AM by cryptothief

Current Status (in units):

Total  Staked (1 unit per bet unless otherwise stated) - 70

In Play - 0

Returns - 70.29

Profit/Loss - 0.29

https://bettin.gs/CryptoThief

-----

Edit 14.

Not a great day yesterday, a few disappointing performances meant that most bets fell a goal short, so happy enough to almost break even. Couple of crackers lined up today, especially the early game.

West Ham v Chelsea is always a feisty affair, and with Chelsea looking to move to the top of the table with a 2 goal victory or more, West Ham are bound to be defending for most of the game. Their defence is not exactly the strongest in the league, but surprisingly they've beaten Chelsea at home in 3 of the past 4 meetings. This makes their odds to win, even given their shocking start to the season, seem very generous. I'll be backing the straight West Ham win at 6.05 on cloudbet.com, and also a West Ham win and BTTS at 9.75 on the same website. Keeping a bit of perspective (and respect for Chelsea) with West Ham to win either half at 2.90 on sportsbet.io.

The other game today also looks to be a tasty one, as Arsenal host Everton at the Emirates. Everton are not known for their form away from home, and Arsenal will be looking for a win to draw level with Spurs on points. Looking at an Arsenal win, and a comfortable one too. Going to go for a multi score of either 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0, at 3.25 on sportsbet.io. Arsenal need to crack into gear sooner or later, and this game is an ideal opportunity.

63. West Ham v Chelsea - West Ham to win at 6.05 on cloudbet.com

64. West Ham v Chelsea - West Ham to win and BTTS at 9.75 on cloudbet.com

65. West Ham v Chelsea - West Ham to win either half at 2.90 on sportsbet.io

66. Arsenal v Everton - Arsenal to win 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 at 3.25 on sportsbet.io

-----

Edit 13.

I missed the early game, so heading on to the 3pm kick offs.

With contrasting fortunes so far this season, Burnley have an opportunity to turn things around on home turf in what should be a close encounter with Bournemouth. Bournemouth have surprised quite a few people with their impressive start to the season and sit in 5th place ahead of Spurs, Arsenal and Man Utd. Burnley on the other hand are struggling at the foot of the table with a solitary point and desperately need a morale boosting win to kick start their season. I'm going for a home win as I think Burnley will sneak it by a goal (1-0 is 9.87 on cloudbet.com), and the home win is 3.25 on cloudbet.com.

Difficult to see anything other than an away win in the Cardiff v Manchester City game, even with their under par performance in midweek. Not sure it will be the goal blitz that some are expecting, but I still think they'll put two or three into the Bluebird's ne(s)t. Leroy Sane to score anytime is 2.36 on cloudbet.com and he's been looking good recently. Both halves over 1.5 goals is 3.25 on sportsbet.io, and that's not bad odds, but think it might fall a goal short. I'm going for Man City to win both halves at 2.03 on sportsbet.io, should come in, especially if they can get a breakthrough early.

Crystal Palace v Newcastle looks like another close one, and the Magpies haven't exactly impressed so far. Looks like it will be another wasted long trip for the Toon army, especially with Zaha in the starting line up. I'm going for Zaha to score anytime at 2.91 on cloudbet.com, although the straight win for Crystal Palace at 2.07 is also tempting.  

Leicester should be good for 3 points against Huddersfield. Since winning the Premier League 3 years ago, Leicester haven't managed to get anywhere close to the form that brought the title to the King Power stadium, but don't think Huddersfield should cause them too many problems. Huddersfield have only scored twice and conceded 11 in a winless start to the season. Leicester should be good for over 1.5 goals, and it's available at 2.08 on cloudbet.com.

Liverpool take on Southampton at Anfield, and Salah will be looking to get back his scoring form from last season. I reckon Southampton will grab a consolation, but Liverpool should prove to be too strong for them. There's a multi score option on sportsbet.io and that's what I'm on. It's 3.80 for 2-1, 3-1 or 4-1 to come in.

Manchester Utd v Wolves could be a good game; I like the way Wolves have played so far this season, they're not afraid to go on the attack against supposed better teams. Man Utd seem to have upped their game a bit lately, and should be able to take maximum points, but it won't be an easy one. I'm going for a Man Utd win and BTTS at 3.57 on cloudbet.com. Lukaku to score first is a bit of a long shot at 4.95 on the same site, but could be worth a punt.

The late kick off is Brighton & Hove Albion v Tottenham, and Spurs really need a win to stay in touch with the leaders. This should be an ideal game to put 3 points on the board, as I don't think Brighton have enough to hold them at bay. I actually think that Brighton might manage to score, so a Spurs win and BTTS is 3.54 on cloudbet.com. Heung-Min is also 3.54 on cloudbet.com to score anytime and I'm on that, he'll be looking to get back into action after his time away at the Asian games. Spurs and over 3.5 total goals is 3.90 on sportsbet.io and if they hit their stride early, it could be on the cards, so going to throw that one in too.

55. Burnley v Bournemouth - Burnley win at 3.25 on cloudbet.com

56. Cardiff v Manchester City - Man City to win both halves at 2.03 on sportsbet.io

57. Crystal Palace v Newcastle - Zaha to score anytime at 2.91 on cloudbet.com

58. Leicester City v Huddersfield - Leicester City to score over 1.5 goals at 2.08 on cloudbet.com

59. Liverpool v Southampton - 2-1, 3-1 or 4-1 at 3.80 on sportsbet.io

60. Manchester Utd v Wolves - Man Utd to win and BTTS at 3.57 on cloudbet.com

61. Brighton & Hove Albion v Tottenham -  Heung-Min to score anytime at 2.20 on sportsbet.io

62. Brighton & Hove Albion v Tottenham - Spurs win and over 3.5 goals at 3.90 on sportsbet.io

-----

Edit 12.

Nice turnaround over the weekend, and almost back in the green overall, especially thanks to away wins for West Ham (finally got some points on the board), Arsenal and Man Utd. The Monday night game is a south coast battle between Southampton and Brighton, and if their two meetings last season are anything to go by, we could be looking at a low scoring draw. There's a couple of interesting bets out there, with Southampton being slight favourites, but it's far from a foregone conclusion. Brighton were first to net in both games last season, and you can can get 2.53 on cloudbet.com for them to repeat it again. It could get a bit feisty too, with neither team shy of a booking (last season saw 4 yellows in both meetings), so 2.03 on sportsbet.io for over 3.5 total bookings isn't a bad bet either. Brighton & Hove Albion only scored 34 goals last season, but Glenn Murray managed to put away 12 of them, so going to go with Murray to score anytime at 3.58 on cloudbet.com (was tempted by first goal scorer at 7.52).

56. Southampton v Brighton & Hove Albion - Glenn Murray to score anytime at 3.58 on cloudbet.com

-----

Edit 11.

Finally scraped back some of those frustrating losses with a couple of decent wins, would have been an even better day if the penalty for Spurs had been given at the death (not that they deserved it), and Huddersfield had managed to grab an equaliser. Anyway, what to do, small margins make and break most bets. On to Sunday's games, and not really impressed with either game to be honest, but I'll push on through anyway.

The early kick off is Wolves v Burnley, and Wolves are the favourites going into the game after Burnley's less than impressive start to the season. A rocky defence compared to regular clean sheets last season, combined with a lack of goal scoring since they put three past Aberdeen, has left them with just a point so far this season (from an opening day 0-0 draw with Southampton). Wolves haven't exactly been flying either, but they did manage to hold Man City at bay, so they must be doing something right. A low scoring game would be the winning ticket for me, but can't pick a winner. Going for a 0-0 score at 9.51 on cloudbet.com,  but adding some (semi) credible back up with a half time draw at 2.14 on the same website.

Everton v West Ham kicks off at 4pm, and West Ham are still trying to get off the mark. It's another away game at Goodison where they've only beaten Everton once since 2007, and haven't scored in the fixture for the past two years, conceding six goals in the process. History calls for a 2-0, 3-0 or 4-0, but I can't shake the feeling that West Ham are going to fight to the last minute to try and scrape a point, even though they are likely to leave unrewarded for their efforts. If any Hammer can score a (probable) consolation, it's Arnautovic, and he's 2.80 on cloudbet.com. Going to have a crack at the corners market too, with West Ham to finish on top at 3.00 on sportsbet.io. A West Ham win and BTTS comes in at 6.43 on cloudbet.com and that's my long shot for the day.

51. Wolves v Burnley - Correct score 0-0 at 9.51 on cloudbet.com

52. Wolves v Burnley - Half time result -draw at 2.14 on cloudbet.com

53. Everton v West Ham - Arnautovic to score anytime at 2.80 on cloudbet.com

54. Everton v West Ham - West Ham to win the most corners at 3.00 on sportsbet.io

55. Everton v West Ham - West Ham win and BTTS at 6.43 on cloudbet.com

-----

Edit 10.

Had a bit of a bad run, so hoping that the enforced international break will turn it around. Some decent match ups today, so looking forward to watching the games and grabbing a bit of value.

The early game is Spurs v Liverpool, two likely top 4 contenders, and it has all the markings of being an evenly matched game, even with some key members of the Spurs first team already ruled out. I'm on the draw, available at 3.65 on sportsbet.io. I also fancy Heung-Min to score anytime (3.20 on sportsbet.io), although I won't be too disappointed if they end up resting him after his extended international duty.

Bournemouth v Leicester has been a low scoring game for the past few seasons, and I'm not going to rock the boat by predicting anything different. Keeping it simple with under 2.5 goals at 2.01 on cloudbet.com.

Chelsea v Cardiff is one of two (theoretically) one sided games this afternoon, and it's difficult to see past a big Chelsea win, the problem is finding the right market with a bit of value. The best I can see, and I'm siding with a big Chelsea win, is Chelsea to win both halves at 2.09 on sportsbet.io. Obviously hoping for an early Chelsea goal, and if they can get it, it should be a done deal. A Cardiff red card could be worth a punt too, 7.80 on sportsbet.io.

Not necessarily one for the neutrals, but Huddersfield v Crystal Palace is a game that both would desperately love to win. The Eagles could really do with Zaha back, they find it nigh on impossible to win without him. Neither defense is known for being a stronghold, so BTTS at 2.11 on cloudbet.com is going to be my call, almost tempted to add over 2.5 goals to it for slightly higher odds (2.65 on sportsbet.io), but I'll resist the temptation.

No one expects anything other than a huge Man City win against Fulham, and it really would be an achievement for Fulham to keep the scoreline relatively low. Problem is the odds, aside from a 6-0 win and up, they're so low it's a tough one. I'm going to go with David Silva scoring anytime, seems to be a bit of value there at 2.28 on cloudbet.com. Both halves coming up over 1.5 goals is also not out of the realms of possibility, and you can get that at 2.33 on sportsbet.io.

Newcastle v Arsenal should be another tough away game for the new Arsenal manager, but they should have enough in them to come away with a win, at least in my opinion anyway. Plenty of attractive betting opportunities here, but will all go up the swanee for me if Newcastle get something from the game. Going to go for BTTS and an Arsenal win at 3.63 on cloudbet.com (over 2.5 total goals and an Arsenal win is 2.50 on sportsbet.io).

The final game of the day is another challenging trip for Mourinho as Man Utd visit the unexpected high flying Watford. I think Watford could make it slightly difficult, but still think he'll add another 3 points to their tally. I can't get away from a Man Utd win and BTTS, and it's available at 4.19 on sportsbet.io. Lukaku first goalscorer is 5.21 and it's another decent bet.

Saturday 15th September

43. Spurs v Liverpool - Draw at 3.65 on sportsbet.io

44. Spurs v Liverpool - Heung-Min to score anytime at 3.20 on sportsbet.io

45. Bournemouth v Leicester - Under 2.5 goals at 2.01 on cloudbet.com

46. Chelsea v Cardiff - Chelsea to win both halves at 2.09 on sportsbet.io

47. Huddersfield v Crystal Palace - BTTS at 2.11 on cloudbet.com

48. Manchester City v Fulham - David Silva to score anytime at 2.28 on cloudbet.com

49. Newcastle v Arsenal - BTTS and Arsenal win at 3.63 on cloudbet.com

50. Watford v Manchester Utd - BTTS and Man Utd win at 4.19 on sportsbet.io

-----

Edit 9.

Up late for the early game, but couple of opportunities in the two later kick offs. Can't see past wins for the two 'favourites', even though Burnley will probably put up a fight against an underpar Man Utd. Moura had a great game last time out, so an anytime scorer could be on the cards again.

40. Burnley v Manchester Utd - Man Utd win and BTTS at 4.08 on cloudbet.com

41. Watford v Tottenham - Lucas Moura to score first at 3.25 on sportsbet.io

42. Watford v Tottenham - Tottenham win and over 3.5 goals at 3.60 on sportsbet.io

-----

Edit 8.

Shocking home performance from the Red Devils busted all three bets. Ah well, Saturdays are normally a good chance to catch up.

Not going to go into detail for bets today as I'm tight on time, but fingers crossed we'll grab a couple of winners.

30. Leicester v Liverpool - Correct score 0:2 at 6.60 on sportsbet.io

31.  Leicester v Liverpool - Under 2.5 goals at 2.31 on cloudbet.com

32. Everton v Huddersfield - Everton over 1.75 team goals at 2.10 on cloudbet.com

33. Crystal Palace v Southampton - Half time result draw at 2.21 on cloudbet.com

34. West Ham v Wolves - West Ham to win and BTTS at 4.70 on sportsbet.io

35. West Ham v Wolves - West Ham to score over 1.5 goals at 2.37 on sportsbet.io

36. Brighton & Hove Albion v Fulham - Brighton to win at 2.21 on cloudbet.com

37. Chelsea v Bournemouth - Chelsea to win and under 3.5 goals at 2.30 on sportsbet.io

38. Manchester City v Newcastle - Correct score 4:0 at 7.20 on sportsbet.io

39. Manchester City v Newcastle - 1st half Manchester City win and over 1.5 goals at 2.12 on sportsbet.io

-----

Edit 7.

Shame I didn't go for my alternative bets, as over 1.5 Watford goals and Joselu to score both came in. Just another reminder why I hate bets restricted to either half, the game is over 90 minutes; so no winners, with a 2nd half Watford win, a ridiculously high scoring first half in the Fulham game, and the Chelsea win just took far too long for the first goal to get the ball rolling. Anyway, there's one more game to consider tonight.

Manchester Utd v Tottenham is the Monday night game, and if you're going purely on recent history, then a Man Utd home win to nil is the most likely result. Stats don't always show the whole picture though, and Man Utd haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders so far this season. Still reckon they'll take the win, but Tottenham won't make it easy for them. Expecting a high scoring game and BTTS, so the first bet is over 2.5 goals and BTTS at 1.99 on sportsbet.io. Also like the look of a Man Utd win and over 3.5 goals  at 6.40 on sportsbet.io. Lastly I'm going for a Man Utd win and BTTS at 4.78 on cloudbet.com. A long shot correct score would be 3:2 at 31.8 on cloudbet.com, but would be a complete gamble.

27. Manchester Utd v Tottenham - Over 2.5 total goals and BTTS at 1.99 on sportsbet.io

28. Manchester Utd v Tottenham - Man Utd win and over 3.5 total goals at 6.40 on sportsbet.io

29. Manchester Utd v Tottenham - Man Utd win and BTTS at 4.78 on cloudbet.com

-----

Edit 6.

The 0-0 in the Huddersfield Cardiff game definitely saved the day, especially with the (in my opinion) surprise result at Molineux. Should have read up more on match form for the Bournemouth Everton game, would have gone for a higher scoring game in hindsight, but what to do. Few games up today, and hoping to grab another couple of winners.

A London derby is first, with Watford v Crystal Palace kicking off at 3.30pm. Watford have a chance to take top spot if they can put 3 past the Eagles with no reply, but that seems unlikely, even though they've been impressive so far this season - albeit it not against top draw opposition. Another home win is on the cards if they can grab an early lead, and as much as I don't like bets restricted to specific halves, the odds are good enough to persuade me. I'm going to go for a first half Watford goal, and it's 2.30 on cloudbet.com. Also like over 1.5 Watford total team goals at 2.50 on sportsbet.io

Fulham Burnley is one of the late games, and it's a tough one to call with Burnley still (just) in Europe. It would probably do them a favour if they drop out later in the week and they can get back to 100% focus on the Premier League. They always struggle to put the ball in the net, but their strength is (normally) an ability to keep a clean sheet, so a low scoring game is the probably outcome. Fulham aren't exactly known as a goal scoring team either, and both teams will see it as an opportunity to pick up three points. Reckon it'll take a while to get going, so a draw at the end of the first half isn't a bad bet, available at 2.16 on cloudbet.com. I'm going for a similar bet at a very similar price to that one though, highest scoring half to be the second at 2.15 on sportsbet.io.

Finally it's Chelsea away at Newcastle, and going on past form (with no away wins in their past five meetings), it's not going to end well for Chelsea. Newcastle haven't started the season well though, and Chelsea will be hoping to capitalise on this to bring the three points back to London. Purely on recent results, over 2.5 goals and BTTS is a decent bet, available at 2.14 on sportsbet.io. Looking for more than that though, and with Newcastle scoring two or more in their last 5 home games against Chelsea, this could well be a game with over 3.5 goals if Chelsea perform. It's 3.10 on sportsbet.io, and that's my call for this one. Joselu (Jose Luis Sanmartin Mato) to score any time is 3.77 on cloudbet.com, and that's a decent outside bet too.

24. Watford v Crystal Palace - Watford first half goal at 2.30 on cloudbet.com

25. Fulham v Burnley - Highest scoring half second at 2.15 on sportsbet.io

26. Newcastle v Chelsea - Over 3.5 total goals at 3.10 on sportsbet.io

-----

Edit 5.

The less said about the last round of games the better, so straight onto Saturday's matches.

First up it's newly promoted Wolves against last season's run away winner's Man City, and I'm going to stick with my guns on the likelihood of a high odds scorer when Man City play 'inferior' opposition. So once again I'm going for Stones to score anytime at a (lower than expected) 9.00 on sportsbet.io. To be on the safe side, I'm also going for Man City over 2.5 total goals at 2.11 on cloudbet.com, can't see them scoring less than 3, and at over evens, it seems like a done deal. Quite fancy Wolves to score too, so BTTS and over 2.5 goals could be worth a stab too, but not going to risk that one.

Southampton v Leicester is one of the 5pm kick offs, and it seems quite evenly matched on paper. Reckon both will find the back of the net over 90 minutes, and although I can't pick a winner, I don't think it'll finish up a draw, so BTTS and over 2.5 goals is the bet for this one. Maddison has a decent chance of scoring any time, and he's at 4.50 on cloudbet.com in the match specials.  

Bournemouth v Everton should be tight, and wouldn't be surprised if a single goal decides the winner. Tempted by a 1-0 win for either team (an Everton 1-0 win is 12.5 on cloudbet.com, but can't pick which one, so going to go with both teams not to score and under 2.5 goals at 2.65 on sportsbet.io, as it covers 5 likely results.

Two probable end of season relegation contenders match up in the Huddersfield v Cardiff game, and doubt we'll see anything to prove otherwise. Expecting a low scoring game again, and wouldn't be surprised if neither found the net in this one, so keeping it simple with a 0-0 correct score available at 6.99 on cloudbet.com. The draw would probably be a safer bet, as 1-1 is another popular opinion, but taking the chance on a higher return.

The final 5pm kick off is Arsenal v West Ham, and it's difficult to see past an Arsenal win, but West Ham are always capable of springing a surprise when you least expect it, and nobody expects them to do anything other than ship a load of goals here. Difficult to give West Ham the nod, even though a West Ham win and BTTS score is tempting at 11.6 on cloudbet.com. I like the corners handicap as I think they're generally weighted too heavily towards favourites, with West Ham to win with a +2.5 at 2.35 on sportsbet.io

The late kick off is another one sided affair, with Liverpool hosting Brighton & Hove Albion, and nobody is expecting the trip up north to pay any dividends for the south coast team. The odds for a high scoring game are nothing to write home about, and the only real value there is if you expect Brighton to sneak one in, but I can't see it. I do think that they will struggle to contain the pace of the Liverpool team, and that could bring cards, possibly even a red one, so that could be worth something at 7.80 on sportsbet.io. 4 or more cards for Brighton is slightly safer, and that's where I've ended up, at 7.20 on sportsbet.io

Saturday 25th August -

17. Wolves v Manchester City - Stones to score anytime at 9.00 on sportsbet.io

18. Wolves v Manchester City - Man City over 2.5 team goals at 2.11 on cloudbet.com - 2 units

19. Southampton v Leicester - BTTS and over 2.5 goals at 2.46 on sportsbet.io

20. Bournemouth v Everton - Both teams not to score and under 2.5 goals at 2.65 on sportsbet.io

21. Huddersfield v Cardiff - Correct score 0-0 at 6.99 on cloudbet.com

22. Arsenal v West Ham - West Ham to win corners handicap +2.5 at 2.35 on sportsbet.io

23. Liverpool v Brighton & Hove Albion - Brighton to get 4 or more cards at 7.20 on sportsbet.io

-----

Edit 4.

I'll take the wins any way I get them, and an injury time penalty to scrape a win from a poor Man Utd showing, plus some lively Hornets will do the trick. I'll be backing Stones for a goal any time Man City are up against 'bus parking' opposition too, even though it didn't work out this week - the longer it takes for him to score, the more the price drifts. Tonight's game is another dodgy one to call, but I'm gonna have a couple of stabs at it. Some people are expecting a shock, I'm not, Liverpool are going to rob Palace of any dignity in today's game - apart from Zaha, he's (maybe) gonna grab a consolation prize. Goals, and lots of them. Couple of long(ish) shots for fun - but only fun if they win.

Monday 20th August -

14. Zaha to score any time at 3.22 on cloudbet.com

15. Liverpool win and BTTS at 2.87 on cloudbet.com - 2 units

16. Over 4.5 total goals at 4.10 on sportsbet.io

Edit 3.

Bit of a disappointing day yesterday, wasn't expecting West Ham to lose at home, but their leaky defence proved to be their undoing once again. Surprised that Wolves didn't manage to get a goal or two either, especially playing against 10 men for half an hour. Anyway, there's a few games on Sunday to get into.

First up it's Burnley v Watford at Turfmoor, and if it wasn't for Burnley being two legs away from a spot in the Europa League, I'd go for them to hold out against the Hornets. They've still built up a decent reputation for a tight back line, especially at home, so doubt we'll see many goals (from either side). Was tempted by a straight Watford win at 3.36 on cloudbet.com, but can't bring myself to write Burnley off completely. One or two goals should win the match though and assuming that's the case, a single goal in either half for Watford would bring this one home; Watford to win either half at 2.22 on sportsbet.io

The other early game promises goals galore, and the bookies are wise to the 'one-side-edness' of Manchester City v Huddersfield, with 5 Man City players odds on to score at any time. Not much value in any score lines or for the most likely scorers; but when there's lots of goals, it means that some unexpected names may pop up on the score sheet. That's where I'm looking, and John Stones has grabbed my attention. He is 7.00 on sportsbet.io to score anytime.

Brighton & Hove Albion take on Manchester Utd in the final EPL game of the day, and it hasn't been an easy fixture for Man Utd recently. Saying that, I can't see Brighton keeping Man Utd at bay for the full 90 minutes, especially as they're probably going to be 'parking the bus' for most of the game; so even if they manage to score, you can almost guarantee that they'll be conceding. Lukaku to score anytime is 2.23 (4.82 to score first) on cloudbet.com, and his presence in the box will definitely cause Brighton problems, so could be worth a wager. Man Utd should power through for the win, but even more certain that they'll hit the net at least twice, so the shout for this game is Man Utd over 1.5 team goals at 2.10 on cloudbet.com

Sunday 19th August -

11. Burnley v Watford - Watford to win either half at 2.22 on sportsbet.io

12. Manchester City v Huddersfield - John Stones to score anytime at 7.00 on sportsbet.io

13. Brighton & Hove Albion v Manchester Utd - Manchester Utd over 1.5 team goals at 2.10 on cloudbet.com

-----

Edit 2.

Some tasty looking games this weekend, and plenty of value in the right markets. Going to have a go on every game on Saturday, so we'll see whether the form follows through.

Cardiff v Newcastle is the early kick off, and most punters seem to expect a Newcastle win, but I'm not so sure. I can't see either team scoring, so my first instinct is to go for 0-0 correct score at 7.19 on cloudbet.com, but going to play it a bit safer with under 1.5 goals in case either team manges to sneak a win. It's available at 2.65 on the same website.

Everton v Southampton kicks off at 3pm (GMT), and although Southampton held them to a draw at the end of last season, I can't see the same happening. Not to say that Everton will have an easy game and Southampton could well score, but a home win seems the likely outcome. Over 1.5 goals for Everton is where my money will be, and it's 2.02 on sportsbet.io

It's been a long time since Leicester played Wolves in the Premier League, and the two results when they played don't exactly help (0-0 and 4-3). I can see this being a high scoring game, possibly the highest of the weekend. Newcomers Wolves have invested in some Portuguese flair courtesy of their new manager, and they're not shy of scoring. Can't pick a winner, so goals is the winning combination here. I like the look of BTTS and over 2.5 goals at 2.22 or Wolves to score over 1.5 team goals at 3.20, both on sportsbet.io; but going to try and squeeze a bit more value, so I'm going for over 3.5 match goals at 3.60 on sportsbet.io

On paper, Tottenham v Fulham is probably the most one sided game of the day, and you're not going to get any arguments from me. Spurs need to continue their winning start to the season if they are going to be competing for a top 4 slot in 9 month's time. Harry Kane will be most people's choice for a first goal scorer, but the bookies know that and they've got too many likely scorers to justify the low value. Over 2.5 total goals and both teams not to score is available at 3.75 on sportsbet.io, and I think that's a decent enough shot. I'm not keen on betting on any of the 1st/2nd half markets, as the game is over 90 minutes, and those statistics are largely irrelevant, but I do like the look of over 1.75 1st half goals at 2.87 on cloudbet.com. I'm going to go for a Spurs win and both teams not to score at 2.03 on sportsbet.io, not the best odds, purely because I reckon it's a safe(ish) bet.

West Ham v Bournemouth could be a close game, although West Ham should have just enough to take the win at home. They don't have the tightest defence in the league by a long shot though, and there's a chance that even Bournemouth could sneak a goal. But I really can't picture a high scoring game, and a 1-0 or 2-0 result seems the most likely, that's why I'm going with a West Ham win and under 2.5 total goals at 5.00 on sportsbet.io

The late game is bound to attract the most interest, one of the biggest London derbies between Chelsea and Arsenal will give an early indication of who will finish as top dog. Both teams have new managers, and both will be looking to prove that they have what it takes to grab a Champion's League spot (I don't think anyone realistically expects either to be challenging for the title this season). Chelsea are the (deserved?) favourites, with Arsenal undergoing a massive overhaul after the Wenger years. A simple bet on the draw is 3.98 on cloudbet.com, and it's not a bad shout. Looking at the bookings market, it is historically a feisty atmosphere, and an average of over 4 yellow cards per game in their previous meetings. Any player to be sent off is 4.80 on sportsbet.io, and an Arsenal player is 7.00; either could be worth a small punt. I see value in the corner market though, and Arsenal seem to be over priced at 3.45 on sportsbet.io, so that's my pick for this one.

Saturday 18th August -

5. Cardiff v Newcastle - Under 1.5 goals at 2.65 on cloudbet.com

6. Everton v Southampton - Everton Over 1.5 team goals at 2.02 on sportsbet.io

7. Leicester v Wolves - Over 3.5 total goals at 3.60 on sportsbet.io

8. Tottenham v Fulham - Tottenham win and both teams not to score at 2.03 on sportsbet.io

9. West Ham v Bournemouth - West Ham win and under 2.5 total goals at 5.00 on sportsbet.io

10. Chelsea v Arsenal - Arsenal to have the most corners at 3.45 on sportsbet.io

-----

Edit 1.

Nice start yesterday with a clean sweep of winning bets. I quite fancy Mo Salah scoring 2 or more, but going to move straight onto the Arsenal Manchester City game later this afternoon.

Man City are expected to carry on where they left off at the end of last season, but away at Arsenal isn't the easiest one to kick off the season with. I can see them winning, but they won't have it all their own way, and they might slip up along the way. One thing this game almost guarantees is goals, and that's where I've been looking for value. Over 1.5 goals in each half is where I've ended up, and it's available at 3.75 on sportsbet.io

Sunday 12th August -

4. Arsenal v Manchester City - Over 1.5 goals in both halves at 3.75 on sportsbet.io

-----

I was a bit late to the party for the opening match earlier tonight, but guessing there's a few happy punters out there. BTTS, O2.5 goals, Man Utd win, and a 2-1 scoreline were probably all popular bets. Anyway, on to tomorrow's games, and a few decent bets stand out.

First one is the early game between Newcastle & Tottenham. I can see Newcastle keeping it a bit tight, seems to be their current style against the 'bigger' teams, but still reckon they'll grab a goal on the break as Spurs push forward to break through. Spurs are too good not to get the ball in the net though, and they need to start the season off well, as they'll be moving into their new stadium next month. My money will be on BTTS and a Spurs win at 4.40 on cloudbet.com

Second up, it's Huddersfield v Chelsea. Huddersfield managed to prove many pundits wrong last season by staying up for another season, but this year is going to be another tough one, even with the new signings they've brought on-board. Chelsea aren't exactly lighting fires and the opening day normally throws up a surprise result or two, but still think they'll be too much for Huddersfield. Keeping my options open for the scoreline though, as I'm not sure whether Chelsea will be able to put too many away against a team that will probably be defending for most of the game. A Chelsea win with under 3.5 total goals covers most of the likely scorelines for a Chelsea win (1-0, 2-0, 3-0 and 2-1), and it's available at 2.10 on sportsbet.io. If I was going to go for a correct score, it would be 0-2 (7.35 on cloudbet.com).

And last but not least, the late game between newly promoted Wolves and Everton looks like it could be one for goals. Wolves won the Championship last season by 9 points and fell just 1 point short of 100 in a very competitive league. Everton had a tough start last year, before climbing into the top half with a better finish to the season. Another tough one to call, and both teams will be fighting to get a good start. Over 2.5 total goals is where my money will be going, at 2.09 on sportsbet.io

Saturday 11th August -

1. Newcastle v Tottenham - BTTS & Tottenham win at 4.40 on cloudbet.com

2. Huddersfield v Chelsea - Chelsea win and U3.5 total goals at 2.10 on sportsbet.io

3. Wolves v Everton - Over 2.5 goals at 2.09 on sportsbet.io

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: