Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:55:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Without ETF  (Read 1440 times)
Shiro21

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:50:21 PM

I think that without SEC recognition by the SEC regulator, bitcoin will continue to grow.
Moreover, the important reason the SEC does not accept Bitcoin ETFs is that the bitcoin market does not have the structural protection and controls needed to support ETF products. This is feared by the SEC because with the increasing population of bitcoin and the legitimacy of ETF, bitcoin hackers will emerge.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:50:56 PM

NOTE : Questions from LAYMEN.

bitcoin is made without regulations, is decentralized, and controls everyone who has bitcoin. and in my opinion ETF is a rule that must be passed by Bitcoin. so will Bitcoin fail or die if the ETF disapproves of the bitcoin proposal? while Bitcoin has grown longer before going to ETF.

Tried, tested, blamed, still for a decade Bitcoin is going good (antifragile). Like the futures, ETF would be a much better opportunity for the rich bags with fiat to get into bitcoin. It would further establish Bitcoin as a mainstream financial asset when it's a peer-to-peer censorship resistant currency.

You did saw the hype futures brought in December. Something like that would happen have if SEC approves Bitcoin ETF, but temporary/artificial, maybe again some FOMOs would get burned.

Bottom line, why a decentralized network worry about its survival if a centralized proposal is approved or not.
Finally, jeez, somebody who I could agree with. ETF sssssuuuuucccccckkkkkssss!!!!!!  Cheesy

A decentralized network should actually worry about it, when come a situation where the entire network and its purpose could come crashing down. That centralized proposal is more than just a proposal, if you think people will be done with jeopardising bitcoin after an ETF gets approved, oh boy does the community need to know a lot of shit. The US congress openly admitted that they are scared of bitcoin and that bitcoin could take over USD. Now why would they think the strongest currency in the world could be taken down by some cheap ass( Roll Eyes) internet coin?

Read this: https://hadeplatform.com/articles/2018/07/19/congressional-hearings-reveal-hurdles-to-bitcoin-btc-adoption

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:58:34 PM

Of course Bitcoin does not require ETF. However, ETF will be useful later if the SEC allows proposals for ETF to submit. And I think there will be many big parties coming in if the SEC really approves Bitcoin.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
stellaekun

Activity: 234

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:59:25 PM

we have always had bitcoin without ETF and I personally believe that ETF  may have some undesirable effect on bitcoin  such as taking it away from the reach of the poor. Bitcoin will full be a tool in the hands of the super rich and they have a way of turning things solely in  their favour
setialovers

Activity: 812
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 12:47:46 AM

bitcoin is made without regulations, is decentralized, and controls everyone who has bitcoin. and in my opinion ETF is a rule that must be passed by Bitcoin. so will Bitcoin fail or die if the ETF disapproves of the bitcoin proposal? while Bitcoin has grown longer before going to ETF.

Bitcoin dont need ETF. ETF is good for bitcoin but i think its not everything for bitcoin. Bitcoin already work without ETF and growing without ETF. Indeed ETF will bring billions dollar to market but i think crypto should not depending on ETF
coldplay3r30

Activity: 75

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:54:35 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2018, 04:08:45 PM by coldplay3r30

I think if ETFs don't approve and even ban bitcoin, it can cause a shock to the world economy, especially the world of crypto currency trading, I think ETFs are well aware of the consequences, therefore ETF decisions are always delayed and even back out of schedule, maybe looking for the best steps , or take the best policy without causing problems in the future.
buivanquan22

Activity: 171

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:01:05 AM

I think Bitcoin works well without ETFs. Simple ETF is the way the SEC wants Bitcoin to comply to be recognized and managed. They will adopt it in late September
Shubhamgill33

Activity: 54

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 02:45:55 AM

ETF approval is not necessary for bitcoin survival. Its just that people has tied it up to a potential bull rally and will dump btc if it does not get approved.
Neved1975

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:13:36 AM

Bitcoin has existed while non gave it a credence, now that it has received momentum and recognition, and have visible massive support with billions of bucks been invested in it, both ETF gets approve or not, bitcoin will stay sturdy and pass on. but forces are going to push on until ETF get onboard.
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 04:00:50 PM

The ETF without bitcoin is not good, because ETF will approved the bitcoin proposal because of that everything will be alright and in the good condition. ETF had a big impact in bitcoin when they will not agree to the proposal bitcoin holders are very afraid that it isn't approved so I hope that bitcoin will approved every proposal.
conceivedspoon2

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:39:48 PM

The pricing of bitcoin around the world is quite threatening to the fiat or local currencies of many nations. So, ETF or no ETF is just to cajole the whole process. Bitcoin and other altcoins trades more than the fiat  currencies around the world. Bitcoin is not a child's play, real men and businesses work on this platform and its more securing and assuring.
paramelton

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:00:11 PM

I have only one question. As you know last year bitcoin was able to reach almost $20000 without any ETF. So what has changed? Why do people think now only ETF approval can support the price rise?
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 06:35:16 PM

It seems that ETF FUD has finally being to fade.
I belive that there is n ot much volue in ETF , the only thing that it would do would make a new wave of FUD and psuh the price up aldo it is unlikely that we will see BTC ETF approved soon because of  the reasoning of first rejections , that being BTC price manipulation untill BTC exchnage process wont be regualted more strictly globally,there will be no ETF.

adefirman98

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 07:11:14 PM

SEC's failure to approve Bitcoin ETF may prove to be more beneficial for Bitcoin. Cryptocurrency has gained the trust of many people, regardless of whether they are part of the Bitcoin community or not. This will help Bitcoin to expand the community and emerge stronger than before. Finally, it will also affect regulatory agencies in approving the use of Bitcoin like other currencies.
Spring_Butin

Activity: 9

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 04:35:25 AM

I see nothing really special about the ETF and the SEC regulating one thing. Must pass without affecting financial freedom until it is fully applied.
btc78

Activity: 2478
Merit: 210

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:07:21 AM

After how many times of denials from ETF board so what for the bitcoins?

I am also not into ETF instead i wanted this to be stopped so we can move on and forget about thies expectations,since this only made the market breaks as many are converting their altcoins tl bitcoin for the chance of gaining good after approval

131tc01n

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 05:11:46 AM

I don't think bitcoin will fail just because the ETF does not accept the proposal. So far bitcoin has grown rapidly without depending on the ETF, and see other currencies shaded by ETFs, is their growth as good as bitcoin? so bitcoin has proven that he can grow on his own and people believe in bitcoin without ETFs
bitcoin dies without etf it's just speculation of irresponsible people who just want to drop bitcoin
Richarrego

Activity: 44

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 01:49:50 AM

Bitcoin hit a high even before the ETF was discussed. The value was there and it is being used regardless what a government says about it and for the states to be the decisive factor .. they can shove it. up their ass. The approval of ETFs for bitcoin is an important step towards accepting this investment by qualified and institutional investors. Furthermore, the important reason that the SEC does not accept Bitcoin ETFs is the bitcoin market does not have the structural and control protection needed to support ETF products. Of course, Bitcoins do not require ETFs. And I think there will be more parties involved if the SEC actually approves Bitcoin. Bitcoin will be a complete tool in the hands of super-rich people and they have a way to turn things just for their benefit.
Chuksbrownj

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 02:04:33 AM

I think ETF debate has been one of the things that has prevented price from rallying this year, wants to drag us back into the "Trust Government" mess.
noisybit

Activity: 130

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:21:43 AM

I think that if bitcoin without ETF might be a bad impact on bitcoin itself because ETFs are the most important part that has been integrated into bitcoin and hope that bitcoin will be even more popular if there is an ETF
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: