Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:08:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Blockchain Advantage Explained in Simple Ways  (Read 449 times)
Bit poul

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:02:22 PM

Due to all the unique features that blockchain provide a lot of institutions including governments of different countries are right now moving to blockchain technology. Blockchain is secure, transparent, irreversible which means it is perfect for storing records, which is why Colombian government is utilizing blockchain technology to record the land ownership over blockchain. There are more examples like these which you can find on the web.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hurs1965

Activity: 203

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:20:10 PM

That's an interesting post. The blockchain technology is basically a growing list of blocks that arranged using cryptography. So, it can keep the history of previous transaction through the distributed ledger. It is built to provide decentralization, transparency and liquidity in the market.
jonalva

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 02:22:01 PM

Blockchain is a important technology now-a-days. Many company benefitted by this technology and hope in future many government used to adjacent with this technology.
cryptojohnn7

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:34:26 PM

The blockchain is a concept that will change the world economy, I guess. Though it is not possible overnight, Blockchain concept will merge with the current banking system. And by the days, gradually and slowly, it will make the banking and other financial systems under decentralized network which will change the world.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 02:37:11 PM

Blockchain is a buzz word that seems to dominate much of the crypto economy nowadays. It's like the bread and butter of every crypto-related project.

And in bid to help non-crypto experienced people around, why not we try to explain the advantages of blockchain in simple ways? I hope many of you will follow suit.

First off, among the many advantage of blockchain is the removal of the middleman that paved way to the so called peer-to-peer transaction (or payment).  What's the simple explanation?

Traditionally, an online payment is done with the help of a bank that serves as a middleman. For Person A to pay Person B, the bank will receive the deposit from Person A and confirm the amount is available to Person B and records that transaction on their database in a centralized manner.

Blockchain disrupted this method by allowing Person A to transfer directly to Person B without a bank or payment gateway involved. But how does it work?

Simple, to confirm that the transaction proceeded and is valid, the transfer is broadcasted to the network (the so called miners) and is needed to be confirmed a number of times.  Once confirmed, this particular record is saved network wide (which makes it decentralized). And this record could not be overturned by anyone, not Person A nor Person B, nor by a miner or a group of miners (that makes the blockchain immutable).

And these are few of the simple explanation i came up with.  I believe that simplifying things from a very technical explanation will help build a stronger crypto community and a great boost to the crypto economy too.

I'm sure a lot of you have better ways of explaining the advantages of blockchain technology, it would be great to hear them.

Wow thanks, now i'm more understand with blockchain.
Never seen someone explained as simple as this.
I wish i had smerit to give but i don't have it anymore :')
nina_duschenko
Copper Member

Activity: 36
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:30:39 PM

Here’s the blockchain explained for dummies:

Imagine the blockchain as a digital database, just like an Excel spreadsheet.
This database is typically shared across a large network containing many computers (known as “nodes”) and it is completely public. I say “typically” because it can technically be formed by any number of nodes. The more nodes, though, the more secure it is — that’s why it’s good to have a large number of nodes running the blockchain!
Every time the network makes an update to the database, it is automatically updated and downloaded to every computer on the network.
Blockchain technology is secured with cryptographic techniques, making it near impossible for hackers to make changes to it. The only way to make changes would be to hack more than half of the nodes in the blockchain, which again, is why it is more secure to have more nodes/computers running the blockchain.
Chashguhs

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 05:26:37 PM

Blockchain provides full security of data which I found the best feature among all other features that are being talked about. Due to the decentralized nature of blockchain it is impossible to trace data of sender and receiver which has made it popular among a lot of people. There was a safety concern regarding illegal dealing but that have also drastically reduced recently.
DdmrDdmr
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 10727

There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 10:35:52 PM

<...>
Bitcoin and blockchain are often explained from a very technical point of view, using a vocabulary full of technicalities which often presume knowledge which is not widespread nor in the feasible range of understanding for many. Messages need to be adopted to the intended audience, and if one of the aims of all this thechnology is to be mass adopted, it requires product maturity, technical excellence and easy concept explanation.

The OP’s post may seem simple to some here on the forum, but I’m pretty sure we’d be surprised by the number of readers that need to grasp the concepts in an easy manner with non-technical explanations.
Baoo

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 10:51:22 PM

To be honest, Blockchain is one of best technology over time in terms of many things related to projects especially in the field of cryptocurrency. But the problem that many countries do not know the real value of this technology and how it can improve the economy and even the infrastructure. On the other hand, it is certain that through  the Blockhain  technology you can take a shortcut way for the sucess of your project.
In my opinion,  It is essential to put Blockchain in education  on the schools. it is very important, and I think that this will happen when the countries will recognize Bitcoin.
hasimkamal

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 05:52:13 AM

The records that are stored in blockchain are irreversible. So, once a data is stored in blockchain regarding the transaction, it is impossible for someone to erase or edit it. So, there remains zero chance of such scams or fraudulent cases happening. That is another point I want to add beside yours.
mktpromp

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:48:56 AM

Blockchain is new technology which provide decentralized server. Every crypto adjacent with this technology. And it’s helped to avoid third party.
miramax-10

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:47:47 PM

Blockchain has five significant advantages over existing payment networks, due to which in the future it could become a widespread technology in the financial services industry and other industries: Transparency; Reduced transaction costs; Acceleration of settlements on transactions; Decentralization; User-managed networks.
tegarp90

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 01:57:26 PM

Blockchain is a buzz word that seems to dominate much of the crypto economy nowadays. It's like the bread and butter of every crypto-related project.

And in bid to help non-crypto experienced people around, why not we try to explain the advantages of blockchain in simple ways? I hope many of you will follow suit.

First off, among the many advantage of blockchain is the removal of the middleman that paved way to the so called peer-to-peer transaction (or payment).  What's the simple explanation?

Traditionally, an online payment is done with the help of a bank that serves as a middleman. For Person A to pay Person B, the bank will receive the deposit from Person A and confirm the amount is available to Person B and records that transaction on their database in a centralized manner.

Blockchain disrupted this method by allowing Person A to transfer directly to Person B without a bank or payment gateway involved. But how does it work?

Simple, to confirm that the transaction proceeded and is valid, the transfer is broadcasted to the network (the so called miners) and is needed to be confirmed a number of times.  Once confirmed, this particular record is saved network wide (which makes it decentralized). And this record could not be overturned by anyone, not Person A nor Person B, nor by a miner or a group of miners (that makes the blockchain immutable).

And these are few of the simple explanation i came up with.  I believe that simplifying things from a very technical explanation will help build a stronger crypto community and a great boost to the crypto economy too.

I'm sure a lot of you have better ways of explaining the advantages of blockchain technology, it would be great to hear them.

Just simple for me, i'm using crypto because it's simple and it's fast and easy to use.
And ofcourse it's decentralized, that's my main reason using crypto
HiddenPrincess

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:51:25 PM

Blockchain is the revolution. It is working as the underlying technology and it's just great. It can defeat the traditional system in many aspects because it is faster and more secure.
Osakrita

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:54:35 PM

For me, blockchain is a way people can transact without any center or a governing intermediary. By this, people is not obliged to trust a central organization for a transaction but can trust one another through the system.
That is precisely what makes the blockchain an amazing technology, the fact that you do not have to place your trust on some third party, it is faster, cheaper and tamper-proof
CrashLamb

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 11:20:32 PM

It makes the whole transaction system easier. I am a big fan of this technology. The decentralized feature has made it more unique. It is now widely accepted in different sectors.
CryptoFeller

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2018, 11:45:05 PM

Blockchain enables the creation, storage and transmission of things of monetary value online. Blockchain executes these processes in an exceptional way by ensuring that maximum safety, transparency, trust and others.
scribble2

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 09:34:03 AM

The advantages of blockchain technology can not be explained in limited words. It is one of the finest technology of modern era. The transparency feature is really great.
SafeCamel95

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:51:15 AM

The advantages of blockchains are so many. Transparency is one of it’s best features. Blockchain keeps the records of the transactions made by the crypto users and the good part is it could be visible by everyone.
Antelopez2

Activity: 237

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 11:56:30 AM

Thanks for your post. The biggest advantage of bitcoin is it does not require the involvement of any third parties or if you could say there is no presence of middle man in BTC. So that means the entire control is on you.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: