Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:52:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Dominance level of bitcoin leads to?
Price pumping of bitcoin
Price decline of altcoins
Gradual growth of altcoins along with bitcoin
Price pumping of altcoins
Price decline of bitcoin

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The bitcoin dominance level is getting much closer to 50%. What does it mean?  (Read 502 times)
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 10:22:24 PM

Cause I was interested in this topic I made a little research about it. I came across this article:
-Why The Bitcoin Dominance Index Is Deceiving! ...

Very true. Market cap of many altcoins is purely virtual with almost no trading volume. Some have fast growing market caps simply due to the fact that founders or majority stakeholders grant themselves large numbers of new coins.

In my opinion Bitcoin dominance is growing despite these altcoin-favorable distortions because many alt "investors" are beginning to realize that most altcoins have no real use case other than being vehicles for speculation. This is the beginning of the end of the altcoin mania.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Asprincess7

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:52:38 AM

As I know the dominance level is more than 50 percent. The past quota stating that people paying attention toward it and it keep growing. Now the investment over the other coin are taken back and they invest on bitcoin.
YellowRose

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:22:56 AM

Bitcoin's domination is increasing, now it crosses 50% and people's interest in Bitcoin is increasing steadily. And near future it will gone 100% I guess. But bitcoin and altcoin has a huge potential also.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 10:25:44 AM

I believe it means nothing because bitcoin is anyway getting heavy volume everyday and it is almost the same volume which is used to be back in year so I dont see any significance of this value. This value is just representative of some data against some data (btc vs alts) and is menaginless information to predict anything about the bitcoin. The bitcoin movement is more or les fundamental based and thus if you really want to see if bitcoin is pumping or not then just look at its value, see if it has moved from X to Z. , dont bother yourself with the dominance stuff.  Grin
Kimskie12

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:31:28 AM

Well i am not knowledgeable enough for this matter but in my opinion there are things and possibilities to consider. Maybe because there are fakes in altcoins that is why its easily goes up but also easily goes down or sometimes totally drop.
earnetheasy

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:39:16 AM

BTC dominance almost 50% and it’s show that still BTC is more popular and sustainable to investors instead of it’s declining market value.
Phan Long

Activity: 238
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:44:22 AM

This figure shows that Bitcoin's performance is far better than Altcoins. This figure shows the impact of Bitcoin on the market. When Bitcoin increases everything will increase and vice versa. I think entrepreneurs will know what to do in this market. And Bitcoin Investors and Researchers expect Bitcoin to return.
dreammoney710

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 11:05:48 AM

The Bitcoin market cap is better than the rest of the Alexander market. There are many possible reasons behind this, which have been speculated long ago. And for this reason bitcoin is dominance altcoins.
charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 11:11:54 AM

While the price reached the ath value the dominance level of bitcoin was close around 55%, now bitcoin is close to 50% after a long. With the decline of ethereum and other expected cryptocurrency the dominance keeps increasing. Is there any possibilities for a price pumping with bitcoin as well other major altcoins with regards to the dominance level of respective cryptocurrency.

For me, it simply means that people are trying to get back their investments to Bitcoin since they feel that it is about to pump that is why the volume it going up.
xiahui135

Activity: 218
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:29:07 PM

It's so simple. Many people are selling their cryptocurrencies for Fiat. As people have to sell their altcoins for bitcoin first, altcoins are falling more than bitcoin. So bitcoin dominance is rising.

I agree.
waitforme

Activity: 618
Merit: 100

BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:31:50 PM

The downtrend continues although many investors have tried to hold onto Bitcoin and not sell them because they believe this will help stabilize the market. But market players continue to play their games with investors, continually creating volatility and making them worse.

MalcolmBee

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:35:13 PM

It isn’t that alts are taking over, it isn’t that Ripple, Ethereum, or Bitcoin Cash is replacing Bitcoin, it is that this is all occurring incrementally in wave-like patterns as Bitcoin makes headway and then enters a periods of correction (periods in which all other coins thriv
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:44:28 PM

Bitcoin's dominance has increased, as a result of the decrease in the price of altcoyins, while Bitcoin is relatively stable, the altcoins are popular and thereby select the percentage of Bitcoin's dominance.
Such a situation will be until mid-September.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:45:57 PM

The downtrend continues although many investors have tried to hold onto Bitcoin and not sell them because they believe this will help stabilize the market. But market players continue to play their games with investors, continually creating volatility and making them worse.

if investors held their bitcoins then price wouldn't have went down in first place. they have been selling which is why price fell. and they also have been buying which is why it didn't go down after some point and it is reversing back up now.
it is not always about manipulation, we can have fluctuations with 0 manipulation involved too.

There is a FOMO brewing...
hardip567

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:56:27 PM

It shows that even after the price of bitcoin falls, investors believe in bitcoin
chaoscoinz

Activity: 1151
Merit: 260

☆Gaget-Pack☆

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 02:01:28 PM

the dominance level of bitcoin was close around 55%,

wrong!
"dominance" of bitcoin is still up there near 100% as it has always been for years and that has not changed that much. maybe it  dropped to 95% at some point but it is still up there.
what you are quoting is not "dominance" it is market cap share which is meaningless and only coinmarketcap.com calls it falsely "dominance".

It simply means more people are getting their money away from altcoins and moving them to BTC for multiple possible reasons.
wrong again.
traders aren't going to pull their trading funds out of the altcoin market just because they are getting dumped. traders know well enough how to make money in that market from the pump and dumps and their funds will remain active there.

the reason why the market cap share of bitcoin is increasing is the same reason why it was decreasing. because altcoins market cap is fake and easy to rise so also easy to drop.
when a coin has 100 million coins in fake circulation and its price goes up $1 its market cap goes up 100 million. but when bitcoin price goes up $1 its market cap only increases ~$17 million.
for instance when ETH got dumped another $100 down to $300 range it simply lost $10,125,000,000 ($10 billion) market cap in a blinking of an eye.
same with XRP. a $0.2 dump meant it lost $8 billion market cap.

this is how fake market cap is! and this is why it shouldn't even be used in first place to compare them.
correct, my sentiments exact. The over inflated market prices of altcoins are beginning to finally deflate with the current downtrend we've been experiencing these last couple of months. It may also be the reason that an ETF may not be approved any time soon. The market is wildly unregulated and subject to heavy manipulation. Imagine if satoshi actually wasn't  altruistic and decided to cashout?

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: