Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:37:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Always Trust Project Whitepaper?  (Read 331 times)
BitcoinFotw

Activity: 103
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:12:34 AM

I don't think that whitepaper does it for me, at least not anymore. While it might be a good way to gain insight on a project and see what is about, and also help in determining whether or not it is a good project, it doesn't just feel like it for me anymore. Maybe because I have come to realize that not all convincing whitepapers eventually succeed. We see that even scam projects have better whitepapers these days. It takes more for me to trust a project than just its whitepaper.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AbelFF

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 04:11:08 PM

I think the whitepaper can be really well done and convince a lot of people of it's credibility but it still doesn't make the project legit, there is still background of the members of the project to be looked for.
lornadane

Activity: 529
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:13:53 PM

In fact, the white paper will kill a project. Because if dev can not achieve the goals set out in the white paper, the project will be underestimated and the community will not trust that project. White paper is a double-edged sword, It can attract the community can also kill the project as I say
mrkimvanan1

Activity: 130
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 17, 2018, 04:16:11 PM

It is important to know that for any project hoping to convince investors into putting their money into the project, they are going to be focused on making the project as appealing as possible which means that the project's whitepaper will surely be good so I believe you should look beyond the projects whitepaper to decide if a project is legit or not.
Always make through research of a project's team, road map and token metrics to decide which projects to invest in

whitepaper is a necessary condition of a project, from which we can know and learn the goal of the project. A good project will certainly have whiteper clear. But the whitepaper is only the necessary condition but not sufficient

▬▬▬▬▬▬ ARAW ▬▬▬▬▬▬
The Decentralised Payment
for E-Commerce Ecosystem
(http://arawtoken.io)
saint647

Activity: 31

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 06:09:05 PM

Whitepaper is one of the beat ways to learn about a project's information and their product when it will be released and many more. But investment decisions should be based on a lot of other important information gathered through research.
bizzargin

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 05:12:20 AM

If the idea of the project is quite feasible, then I trust. However, I always pay attention to similar products from competitors.
biznes35

Activity: 714
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:19:39 PM

The white paper reflects only the ideas and intentions of the project. At the stage of the ICO, the only thing that can give us an understanding of what the project is, is its white paper and road map. You can also rely on the experience of the creators of the project and their credibility and reputation, but this is not always the best indicator.
bitcoinpeople3

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:34:41 AM

Personally, I do not always trust project whitepaper. In my few years of being on these streets, I have learnt that a good whitepaper doesn't exactly mean a project would be successful. Worse now is that many of the scam projects that we have on the streets have really convincing whitepapers. Sometimes even more convincing than the genuine ones. So I have learnt the hard way that a good whitepaper isn't a guarantee that the project will be successful.
klebsiella

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:27:19 PM

It is important to read the whitepaper because it explains what the fundraising is all about. Other purpose is to create trust and legitimacy in the minds of the people who are going to buy the tokens. But, I don't think we should always trust the whitepaper. It is possible that a scam company can hire a professional to do the whitepaper and produce an excellent proposal.

CORNUCOPIA    || Gain Access to Amazing IPOs || [ Pre-Ico 2018 ]

Whitepaper    Facebook TwitterTelegram
miramax-10

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:29:28 PM

Because it outlines all the information on the project. With a correct and thorough analysis, you can understand whether this project is promising or not.
Cyptobonds1

Activity: 262
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 01:32:02 PM

I think it because it brings more light to what the project is all about and what they have for the community

▼ AQUEST - COMPLETE A QUEST & GET PAID
Get -30% BONUS Only Until 21 February 2019 | www.aquest.io
Casey7

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 01:35:29 PM

Whitepapers are to lure investors. Don't get me wrong, but many whitepapers are just full of bullshit and have very little value/ juice = technical descriptions, detailed info on devs plans.
This trend started few years ago, when people started saying that no whitepaper = scam.
Today I would say it may be exactly opposite.
Recently I was looking on Steem (Steemit.com) history and they started with no wallpaper of all, hell, they haven't even post description of their project.
That is the problem mate. Whitepaper is important but how if the whitepaper was made with no good value? Its useless.
So after this, whitepaper is not so important anymore but working product and good team is the most important one so always check those thing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: