Bitcoin Forum
January 17, 2019, 10:05:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.17.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Bitcoin phone scams happening?  (Read 525 times)
RudeeTam

Activity: 303
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 01:16:25 PM

I believe more people has already heard of bitcoin but to get a phone call and suddenly ask for a bitcoin transfer? Even with the given scam technique I don't think anyone would believe it or even understand it. Scammers won't be trying to explain hours on end about bitcoin to an ignorant victim.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AdoboCandies

Activity: 280
Merit: 64

Shitposting 521: -31/+490

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2018, 02:44:42 PM

No, but there are some phishing spam emails that always got me they will disguise as the bounty manager of the ICO I join and they will ask to send some eth for them to send you your bounty rewards i was dumb as an ox back then and guess what i send them eth only the dumb shits will do, and also the airdrops my nemesis they will send you some form so that you will get the airdrop reward but you need to input your mnemonic or private key.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
suzanne5223

Activity: 672
Merit: 262

SYNAPSECOIN.NET

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:11:26 PM

Bitcoin phone scams whereby people are asked to pay taxes or make investment? Have never heard such case before and this will be the first I hear about it but anyone that fall for this scam doesn't worth to be in crypto business because it a glaring scam procedure.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄
    ▄██▀ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄███▄▄▀██▄
   ██▀  ██████▄█████████ ▀██
  ██    ██████ █████████   ██
 ██  ▄▄  ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀███▀▀     ██
▐█▌ ████      ▄▄████████▄   ▐█▌
██   ▀█      ██▀       ▄██   ██
▐█▌ ▄████▄  ██  ▄███▀▀▀▀███ ▐█▌
 ██ ██████ ▐██▄  ▀███▄▄  ▀█▌██
  ██▀████▀  ███▄▄   ▀██   ███
   ██▄       ███▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄██
    ▀██▄      ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
      ▀███▄▄    ▀▀▀█████▀
         ▀▀█████████▀▀

SynapseCoin
                    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

.COLLECTIVE FINANCING PLATFORM.
▬▬▬▬▬CONNECTING▬▬▬▬▬▬.
.INVESTORS WITH ENTREPRENEURS..

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

EXCHANGES 
ETHERDELTA, FORKDELTA AND ITS
OWN EXCHANGE, CRIPTOWASI

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN
BITCOINTALK
nisya

Activity: 312
Merit: 10

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:11:35 AM

I've heard that Bitcoin phone scams are making their way around. The scams supposedly call and ask you to pay debts or IRS taxes with an alternate cryptocurrency/Bitcoin while others try to get you to "invest" in a fake coin. The main thing is they seem to be targeting people over the phone.

Has this actually happened to anyone?

I don't know about this and I don't have any experience like that. maybe it's happening with the other people but I don't think that IRS taxes is interfered on here. but if you get a call from other people, just be careful and always check if they are from the government or not because today, many people that called they are from the government but the truth is they want to scam people.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
club45

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:31:50 AM

Yes, aside from e-mail, fraud is often carried out over the phone, but rarely are people deceived by a telephone because they are used to receiving fake calls that contain fraud.
Scams are really everywhere. Some genius people are using brains to make easy money or just make other people bothered and sad. It is a very sad reality.

Yes agree that scams are everywhere, so sad truth. So just open your eyes and mind always.
ganjasmokingg

Activity: 258

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 05:35:06 AM

I've heard that Bitcoin phone scams are making their way around. The scams supposedly call and ask you to pay debts or IRS taxes with an alternate cryptocurrency/Bitcoin while others try to get you to "invest" in a fake coin. The main thing is they seem to be targeting people over the phone.

That did not happen to me and all my transactions are anonymous. The government is unaware of what I'm doing to increase my income.
It looks like you've been spotted by hackers. It is best to transfer Email and do not reuse that old Email again.
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1175

★ ChipMixer | Bitcoin mixing service ★

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:19:56 AM

Go search for IRS Tax phone scam on Youtube and you will get recorded video of how these scams work. A lot of these so-called IRS calls originate from scammers in India and they want to fool you into believing that you owe some money to the government and they threaten you will prison time, if you do not pay.

They know some transactions are reversible, so they are shifting their focus to Crypto currencies, because these transactions are not reversible.  Angry

The IRS will never phone you to threaten you to pay money into some random Bitcoin address.  Roll Eyes

andthereyou

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:50:46 AM

Eventhough it's rare, but yes it's happening, one of my college was called through phone. He did not knew who's the caller and it talked about bitcoin investment, of course he declined the offer.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk   ■   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
doodle07

Activity: 314

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:59:13 AM

Yes it is happening, so we need to learn how we can prevent scammers by how they do and learn how we can secure our accounts and wallets. It is indeed a great idea to educate the beginners and the potential investors because they are the ones who are always got scammed.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY | ANN THREAD
www.gigtricks.io
cryptjh

Activity: 420
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:59:58 AM

Threes so many scams going on. That’s why you should never give away KYC to some random ICO, especially if they are bounty ICO, most of them are scam and can end up selling your info to whoever pays the most.
 Only give KYC to trustworthy exchanges, and as few as possible, use a new email for all crypto related things, and make social accounts only for your crypto life, don't mix it with your non crypto life.

◆Telegram  ♞♞♚♚    EOSBET- Be the house, get dividends   ♚♚♞♞  ◆Whitepaper
◆Twitter    ♚♞   Instant dividend payouts based on house profit   ♞♚    ◆Reddit         
A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 03:56:46 PM

Yes, scams is everywhere even it's in the phone or desktop you will escape scams mostly if you easily trusted to people they do a scams because of money even though they know that scams is a bad way of doing and a sin.
yamete kudasai

Activity: 227
Merit: 26

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:47:22 PM

Yes scammers are everywhere they wait to bait someone people that they persuade them to invest and give double amount as much they promises but totally not . Not only in mobile phones the scamming happens every in places that we takes they almost there waiting them to bait.
kalstarzz

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

https://assetsplit.org/

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:08:45 PM

I personally have never found a case like that, and in my opinion such a case might not happen. because I think there is no BTC fraud mode that can be done with the phone. and all BTC users are intelligent people, who do not easily believe such fraudulent fraud.

waynechong1995

Activity: 504
Merit: 111

RealtyReturns

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:15:05 PM

Its often to receive such emails and calls regarding taxation on cryptocurrency, usually from sites that KYCed tied to your trading account, a random call would definitely foolish but still too many place where we couldn't stay anonymous with KYC, scams are definitely happen for fresh investors but surely not for us.

◖◖◖◖◖ RealtyReturns ◗◗◗◗◗
━━━ Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace ━━━
FACEBOOKREDDITTWITTERTELEGRAM ☞ANN Thread
Micerker

Activity: 380

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 05:19:12 PM

Do you talk about the Bitcoin search app on your smartphone? People who are always looking for free Bitcoin search for these apps on online stores, but 95% of the apps are fake and use smartphone resources silently. And most of these apps do not pay Bitcoin to the user if they request to withdraw.

Shenzou

Activity: 756
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 05:20:16 PM

I find it hard to believe that anyone could ever fall for such trick, government and authorities do not approve of cryptocurrency so why would they get you to pay them with it, second they wouldn't do it over the phone and most defiantly getting fooled with false investment is something that you should be always on top of so you wouldn't fall for it.
KryptoKai

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 06:27:01 PM

You would have to be really lame to believe someone over the phone claiming to be a tax collector and asking you to pay now in bitcoin! It would be better for them to ask for fiat instead because the likelihood of calling a random number and expecting them to have btc is very small

Wulanayu

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:12:33 PM

Until now I have never received a telephone trying to commit fraud about bitcoin and until now I have never heard of news or my own friend experienced it.
I think it's just fake news that is deliberately made to make people afraid.

cxmyifan16

Activity: 378

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 08:59:48 PM

i have never faced them but I think that there is nothing surprising because today there are many scams, and most of them are connected with the crypto currency. I think that you need to avoid scam projects

lienfaye

Activity: 980
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 10:09:42 PM

Well the usual thing in phone scamming is they use fiat to scam people, asking their victims to pay money to be able to claim their prizes (usually from raffle) so if you're not aware in this kind of thing you might get victimize by them.

Its not surprising if they are also making rounds using cryptocurrencies because we all know scammers will do everything to get easy money from people thus its better to be careful especially the newbies.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Bitcointalk.org is not available or authorized for sale. Do not believe any fake listings.
Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.