Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 02:30:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency marketcap decreases but number of exchanges increases?  (Read 267 times)
Simple_Plan (OP)

Activity: 113
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:38:29 AM
Merited by paxmao (1)

After peaking at approx $800 bil in Dec 2017, cryptocurrency market cap gradually decreased (~ 289 bil on 23 Jul 2018). But in contrast, the number of exchanges increased dramatically during that time.
Do people want to grab a piece of a smaller cake or they believe the cake become bigger? I am so doubtful about the latter scenario.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 06:16:36 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Shitty exchanges are created in order to make immediate money from listing of coins. Each exchanges receive some minimal fees in terms of btc to list a coin. A scam coin's goal is to somehow list their coin in a scam exchange and run away with the money. On the other hand, these exchanges have the worst storages which exposes them to thefts and the coins get stolen easily from them or on some cases, the exchange devs run away with the leftout money.

A month back I came across a scam ICO which was sold at 1.5$ per coin, there were investors who invested in them. The coin was so realistic that they even spent money for advertising. Once after the ICO was finished successfully, they raised around 500k$. The team listed them in a shit exchange in order to make the investors believe in the coin. A few days later, the team weren't as active as they were in Telegram group during ICO, the price started to tank so hard and at one point of time the coin was removed from the exchange stating that it was a scam.

It's better to say that, these exchanges are present to list the scam ICO's and tokens for the sake of grabbing money from the scam team.

A flow be like :

Scam ICO's steal the money from investors---Shit Exchanges steal the money from Scam ICO's---Digital Thieves steal the money from Shit Exchanges
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 05:37:10 AM

There are many people who want to be get benefited by the boom in crypto currency that happened last year.
These all shit exchange are created to reap the benefits of boom.  Avoid trading in these exchanges.

coinliker

Activity: 416
Merit: 42

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 03:38:48 PM

there are lots of shit exchanges are coming and they are also listed shit coins in their site. i also experienced that last year badly. So i think verify carefully new exchange before using
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 12:01:39 PM

After peaking at approx $800 bil in Dec 2017, cryptocurrency market cap gradually decreased (~ 289 bil on 23 Jul 2018). But in contrast, the number of exchanges increased dramatically during that time.
Market cap is computed by multiplying total supply of all coins times the current prices of each coin. Since most of the market dumped or have gone down in value when compared to their peak prices in December 2017, it is a given that market cap will also decrease. The number of exchanges does not affect the computation of market cap.
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:40:35 PM

There are many people who want to be get benefited by the boom in crypto currency that happened last year.
These all shit exchange are created to reap the benefits of boom.  Avoid trading in these exchanges.

I couldn't agree with you more. Its true the number of these exchanges has boomed to try and capture a small share of the boom which is about to follow. To avoid getting scammed only use trusted exchanges like Bitrex.
peacefulpeace

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:35:23 PM

these shitty exchanges may be flooding the system, but the other way round they are beneficial to the system, imagine if these minor exchanges were not there to compete with giant exchange like binance, what would have been the case? competition is good to checkmate competitors activities.
tinyblue

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 09:35:02 PM

Do people want to grab a piece of a smaller cake or they believe the cake become bigger? I am so doubtful about the latter scenario.

Your whole thinking is off. Why shouldn't the number of exchanges increase just because the market crash? Would they still not collect fees from people trading and make money? What smaller cake, the market is still larger than it was a year and a half ago, probably a year ago. Grab a piece of the smaller pie. That's like saying why would anyone want to buy the dip, why not wait until it's at an ATH to get in.
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:35:44 PM

This is simply the way of making good money in a relatively short amount of time, so then, why of course, people want a piece of that cake!
dark1234

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 12:47:07 PM

This is simply the way of making good money in a relatively short amount of time, so then, why of course, people want a piece of that cake!
but we still have to be careful in trading, don't let us get into the dirty exchange trap so we don't get the small pieces of cake that are expected
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: