Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:10:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Reason for bitcoin Price Drop?  (Read 6946 times)
rosyantony (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 06:57:56 AM

What is the reason for the falling value of Bitcoin?  I have already lost some money by holding on to it. Please advise me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DavidEdward

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:13:51 AM

There is a chart showing Bitcoin's daily volatility relative to other investments such as oil, gold, stocks, and more. Bitcoin is much more difficult to estimate than other assets. This is good for merchants (until they know what they are doing) but creates many difficulties for long-term investors. This will further undermine the demand for Bitcoin for a large number of investors.
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:17:51 AM

Some 4,000,000 Bitcoins were purchased before 2011 when the price was $100 or $200. Also who will buy Bitcoin at $6000 ??
pempek19

Activity: 98
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2018, 08:18:25 AM

If you want to survive, that is a choice. I myself have experienced a severe failure from bitcoin. I think that following ico or buying some altcoins that can "replace" the position of bitcoin is an option if you want to survive as a hodler.

Word of Mouth Pro   │▌ https://wmpro.io ▐│
A Blockchain based Reputation and Rating Ecosystem
Bytem3

Activity: 602
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:22:36 AM

What is the reason for the falling value of Bitcoin?  I have already lost some money by holding on to it. Please advise me!

The most recent Bitcoin price drop was caused by ETF decision postponement by SEC:
https://coincodex.com/article/2148/sec-postpones-highly-anticipated-bitcoin-etf-decision-crypto-market-plunges/

Best way to LONG/SHORT Bitcoin. Up to 66x leverage. Register on BitMax now!
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:47:35 AM

I think one of the reason is because there are so many panic seller which is we can call them a newbie in crypto world, if anyone could reduce a panic seller I think the problem will solved.
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 08:53:24 AM

The most recent Bitcoin price drop was caused by ETF decision postponement by SEC:
https://coincodex.com/article/2148/sec-postpones-highly-anticipated-bitcoin-etf-decision-crypto-market-plunges/

Ya it is true and this is not new before last year also same think happened when the news came of ETF going to consider and market went up and when they postponed it immediately market corrected, so same thing repeated. And if same thing is going then from september market will move up and within november we can see bitcoin price going above $10k smoothly if the same trend of last year is happening this year also.
koincik

Activity: 868
Merit: 265

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:01:41 AM

Every time we can find new reason of price drop. It is classical. But we can discuss why this are happening. All the time when Bitcoin was rising, something did happen. Don't anyone suspect it why this is happening?

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
oppasong

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:06:25 AM

the bitcoin market is now more likely to go down and if you hold bitcoin, of course you never sell it at the present time because what is gained is not the advantage of competing losses, and the decline of bitcoin now tends to some investors trying to sell bitcoin they have while those who buy bitcoin are not so much so there is no balance between seller and buyer.
Assface16678

Activity: 1358
Merit: 133

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:13:10 AM

What is the reason for the falling value of Bitcoin?  I have already lost some money by holding on to it. Please advise me!

Losing may push you to your limit. But the thing is, you need to see it as if it just only a form of hindrance. It does not really have a huge effect. It only means you need to have more patience. With this you will surely get what you have started. Or somewhat received what you have lost. Just wait and see.

Finalfantasy2

Activity: 29
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:14:09 AM
Merited by Barbut (1)

I see a lot of "hodl" posts with no reasoning behind it.

Here is mine :

I'm with you as I'm more "afraid" to lose my coins than the fiat I exchanged for it.

If I had to choose, I'd rather have the coins.

Dealing with databases daily, I can't say no to a technology making it obsolete with blockchain.

Yes losing money sucks, but being part of, I believe, what's the next mass adopted tech is just not something I can't say no to.

rajkr

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:21:14 AM

The news are not favoring BTC. Many countries have banned crypto currency ,as well as ETF issue is also negative. So it is not going up.
jlew079

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:40:06 AM

On day by day, Bitcoin goes down heavily. I think the main affections are these things. Many people are selling them BTC because they are very scared about that market condition. Actually, They are very scared. So many people are selling them own Bitcoins. So bitcoin make a downtrend and its price goes downwards. Another thing is, some bad news is releasing. We know news can be a big effect on the market. I think these are the main reasons why Bitcoin price drop.
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:41:03 AM

What is the reason for the falling value of Bitcoin?  I have already lost some money by holding on to it. Please advise me!
No, you are not losing money as long as you are hodling; this is just a paper loss. What you ought to do is hodl until the price reaches above your buy price and sell from that point onwards. Just remember to not beat yourself up for not maximizing profit with hindsight information, it will drive you nuts.
seanskie18

Activity: 369

Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:42:59 AM

They are many reasons why the price of bitcoin will going down. Many people want the price of bitcoin always increasing but there are times that the value of it is low. Maybe the price of it depends on how many people continue supporting on it. It depends of the investors, traders, participants of bitcoin so if the number of investors, traders and participants of bitcoin is decreasing we can assume or expect that it affects the value or price of bitcoin.

LeadHenry

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 09:57:33 AM

I think the reason Bitcoin prices decrease is that investors are less interested in Bitcoin. The liquidity of electronic currencies has deteriorated, making it easier for the market to be manipulated by the hands of whales, including larger equity investors or hedge funds. The fact that a large number of BTCs are in the hands of these groups makes it possible for them to adjust the direction of the market to their liking.
anushkasachith888

Activity: 532
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:02:45 AM

I think whole control of the bitcoin market is in the hand of whales. They decide the direction of the price of bitcoin right now, rest of people. you can say that panic sellers are not interested in bitcoin right now. so whole power is in whales' hand. they manipulate the market as they wish. in addition. EFT rejection also has an impact on the market. If the ETF approval happens market will go to the moon.

Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:12:41 AM

I see a lot of "hodl" posts with no reasoning behind it.

Here is mine :

I'm with you as I'm more "afraid" to lose my coins than the fiat I exchanged for it.

If I had to choose, I'd rather have the coins.

Dealing with databases daily, I can't say no to a technology making it obsolete with blockchain.

Yes losing money sucks, but being part of, I believe, what's the next mass adopted tech is just not something I can't say no to.

Do I need to add something more? We can search for reasons behind every drop, reasons for every rise, but its never just one thing. We shouldn`t watch only the price of bitcoin, its constantly moving up and down, but this is the future, bitcoin will be next mass adopted tech and instead complaining about price fluctuations people should relax, use bitcoins for paying, for fun, who is smart will save some for future and we shouldn`t worry.
I think most of posts connected with price and holding bitcoins comes from people who wish fast money, fiat money. They don`t care about bitcoin or anything, they want to cash out. When they don`t make that fast money, when bitcoin drop they start to complain here on forum.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Mofazzal840

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:14:29 AM

Many countries have banned crypto currency in the world. So bitcoin price is not going up. For this few crypto users fear about bitcoin price.  Wink
freightjoe

Activity: 238
Merit: 109

View Profile
August 13, 2018, 10:15:31 AM

Sell off to limit your loss before it gets worse. Solid analysis of the actual data shows the downturn is caused by HODL'ers selling - people in here who say "HODL" are probably just looking to sell their own and are trying to convince other not to do so to save their own skin.

The full data showing the HODL'ers are selling can be seen here: https://www.ccn.com/bitcoin-price-decline-caused-by-hodlers-unprecedented-30-billion-sell-off-research/
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: