Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:53:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Deserved or ass licking?  (Read 455 times)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:13:19 AM

⚡ [ANN] DeepOnion ONION ⚡⚡ DeepOnion  DeepOnion is "famous" for being one of the worst spamming signature campaigns.

Damn, I reported so much spam there. I remember at one point is was unreal. Patrol was covered in DeepOnion spam accounts, and there was no real way of fighting them off. The fact that they'e received merit when there's other more deserving users is a pain in the arse too. However, the fact that thread is going to continue having traffic just because its one of the most merited is also annoying.  
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:14:24 AM

I too have noticed that some Bounty managers recive impressive amount of merits for their threads.

As some members here already pointed out, this is a 50/50 situation.
Some do not deserve the merits, i feel that some bounty threads get merited when bounty hunters get a juicy payout even if the campaign was not adminstred in high level.

But there are cases when Threads are merited because Bounty manager is doing a good job compared to other bounty managers who sometimes are doing so bad job that I wish i could demerit them Cheesy
But whatever the case it would be very hard to implement any rules on this without human evaluation on every situation.

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 10:16:15 AM
Merited by mazdafunsun (1)

But there are cases when Threads are merited because Bounty manager is doing a good job compared to other bounty managers who sometimes are doing so bad job that I wish i could demerit them Cheesy
But whatever the case it would be very hard to implement any rules on this without human evaluation on every situation.

Should they not be rewarded some other way? Wouldn't the trust system be more suited than rewarding them with merit? They might run a good campaign, but might not be the best of posters themselves. After all the merit system is suppose to reward those with high quality posts, and not high quality services. Maybe, its just me, but I would prefer to not give them merit for how well they run the campaign.
mazdafunsun

Activity: 490
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 16, 2018, 09:06:26 PM

Should they not be rewarded some other way? Wouldn't the trust system be more suited than rewarding them with merit? They might run a good campaign, but might not be the best of posters themselves. After all the merit system is suppose to reward those with high quality posts, and not high quality services. Maybe, its just me, but I would prefer to not give them merit for how well they run the campaign.

For some reason my view was limited only to merits.
I lean towards " trust " more than merit in this situation. Even more if the situation where there are users who are abusing system by trading merit for acceptance in bounty campaigns is true.

TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2018, 12:47:04 PM

For some reason my view was limited only to merits.
I lean towards " trust " more than merit in this situation. Even more if the situation where there are users who are abusing system by trading merit for acceptance in bounty campaigns is true.
Dont take trust or merit to draw a conclusion about any person of this community. The type of posts a person makes will earn them so merits but you never know who among them is going to con somebody in the long run. There will always be these people who ruin a community but doing something bad and then running away.

Both of the terms are subjective and your views may or not be same with others. Still what you believe is your to keep.I already explained in this thread previously what I thought about the topic being discussed. If you think its not a good thing to merit an ANN then its not. A second person may or may not agree. Sad

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x