Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:00:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Adoption or Regulations why way is better for bitcoin ?  (Read 934 times)
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:54:36 PM

There has been so much FUD/FOMO lately about the bitcoin ETF proposals, debates on its merits and demerits,  it makes me wonder. What is actually better for bitcoin, Is it some form of government regulations like ETF approvals or Gradual mass adoption of cryptos in general?  What's your take?

The ETF isn't really a governmental regulation on bitcoin, but I'm not sure why we have to choose between either regulations or adoption either. Why not both? One will lead to the other anyway and regulations are coming whether you like it or not. The other option is to criminalize bitcoin or ban it outright. Do you want that? If bitcoin is going to be used as a currency or an asset then it is going to have regulations placed upon it eventually. This is good in that it is finally being acknowledged as legitimate asset or payment vehicle by the powers that be and is the path to acceptance. Whether bitcoin is regulated or not it also doesn't stop you from using it in any which way you want either. Don't want regulations? Then don't use services that require them. We obviously need adoption more than anything but the ETF is just one more route towards that and will certainly pump a heck of a lot more money into the cyrptosphere which is always a good thing.
InfiniteBlock560

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 06:55:12 PM

I think adoption and regulation is interrelated. The more adoption rate increases the more regulations will be automated, more efficient and comparatively less restricted. Besides with adoption the financial freedom will be more.
nagasaking

Activity: 333
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:04:00 PM

The truth is that even if we proclaim to be pro-Bitcoin or cryptocurrency, only a handful can say that they are anti-government to the point of saying that Bitcoin or cryptocurrency must go all out against it.
Brequir

Activity: 53

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:13:55 PM

from my opinion adoption is better than the regulation. if you control the adoption, regulation will be automatically controlled.
richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:23:03 PM

Government has no business in bitcoin regulation and can't do anything about it. The ETF is just a FUD that is making traders anticipate the potential price of bitcoin in case it come to pass. Bitcoin is for the community and their decision count than government.
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:27:44 PM

I think , adoption is preferable .
If bitcoin can be widely accepted, it will improve on so many businesses and society in general.
So what we need right now , is to improve on the various key technologies of blockain.
shashikamal

Activity: 197
Merit: 10

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2018, 07:29:43 PM

I personally believe that adoption of Bitcoin will create more opportunities for investors. But with the scams happens in the Crypto space leads to establish some regulations which is much needed for investors protection. Since Bitcoin is the main fact here to consider, it should not to be manipulated by few holders, institutions or countries. Hence regulations should be taken in to practical level of using, string & transferring bitcoin. Since the Crypto at the consolidation period it can take time to adopt as well as regulate. It will happen with the importance & efficiency lying behind in this amazing blockchain technology.

Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:33:02 PM

As we saw with the 'Bitlicence' in New York State a while back, it's pretty easy for regulators to screw it up and create bad regulation. I'd say in theory there could be good regulation that has a positive effect, but in reality I don't expect your average politician to come anywhere near knowing how to do that.
Lisedc

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 07:41:10 PM

according to ETF decision i think for bitcoin adoption is better than regulation. regulation is depends on adoption rate. so it is better for you to focus on adoption.
ShutterTeeth

Activity: 78

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:09:13 PM

Adoption and regulation both are good for cryptoconcines. But we need more detailed knowledge about it because in many cases adoption works as a good way than regulation.
Crystal24

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 08:31:22 PM

I go for adoption of bitcoin.
The bitcoin structure is a decentralized one, so i do not believe any government can do anything about it.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:04:30 AM

There has been so much FUD/FOMO lately about the bitcoin ETF proposals, debates on its merits and demerits,  it makes me wonder. What is actually better for bitcoin, Is it some form of government regulations like ETF approvals or Gradual mass adoption of cryptos in general?  What's your take?
Actually ETF approval will do more harm to the bitcoin and crypto currencies because then people will use bitcoin just for the trading purpose in great extent then it will cause the too much of price fluctuations results in peole will get away from the crypto currencies to be used from it a money.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
strongman8

Activity: 133

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 03:17:38 AM

We simply need adoption.  The last thing we need is the government making rules for us to live under.  I choose freedom.  If the money is free the people will flock to it. 
Aleshia696

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:54:27 AM

I think if there are so many regulations then bitcoin will be useless in future. So, in my opinion, there should be a regulation but shouldn’t be in extreme.
mdripon

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:13:54 AM

Since this is a circular move or adoption of the ETF quinine, it can have a big impact on the ETP cryptor. So I think Bitcoin needs the good news of the ETF offer for price hike. And bitcoin may be renewed through ETF.

Activity Contest  \_____◢  ICO Forums  ◣____/  Promotion Contest
New Forum for Cryptocurrency Discussion
ICO Review Contest  / ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ◥  ANN Thread  ◤ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ ̅ \  Signature Campaign
fairytale

Activity: 209

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:23:19 AM

adoption of bitcoin is a much better way but this adoption also comes with a least regulation to prevent from using this cryptos to illegal use.Adoption of these cryptos is another innovative solutions that makes everyone lives more efficient and convienient.Detailed regulations is a general entities should be done for these cryptocurrencies.
CoinMarKetHW

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:41:59 AM

Adoption and regulation both can be help the bitcoin to have a better platform worldwide but  I hope adoption will be better for bitcoin to be more improved.
cryptojohnn7

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:12:36 AM

It is better to have some regulations on cryptocurrencies like bitcoin. If it is possible then the people will get some security in case of investing.
artaks

Activity: 264

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:17:38 AM

Regulation will be help bitcoin to improve but not always. Sometimes regulation restrict bitcoin to be a common currency.
crazybtclover

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:23:25 AM

Now, most of the people can’t buy crypto coins because of no regulation. So, if the regulation of the bitcoin is increased then it will be good for future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: